Best BK PvP Maps?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
justforfun1

Best BK PvP Maps?

Post by justforfun1 »

Hello Guys,
I wanted to know for you what are the best PvP maps from the blitzkrieg maps pack.
Thanks.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Best BK PvP Maps?

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

From the 2vs2, I only like Autry and maybe Crossfire too!
From the 3vs3, I like Wolfheze_Road to Cherbourg_Valkenswaard_LaFiere_Trun_Blazing Lowland_Hugel 112!
I don't usually play 4vs4 but there I only like those; Operation Goodwood, Chambios and Fields of Engagements...

However that I would surely list for u a lot of more maps which I also admire during pvps such as Duclair for example.. but I didn't since u mentioned saying "Only from Bk pack maps" :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

3 vs 3: Reversed Defense, LaFiere,Road to Cherbourgh (Maybe). Trun is OK but has iirc capturable mortar bunker and only one real fuel point. Blazing is also quite funny except the front doesnt move and the frontlines stuck in the water and in the southern bottlkneck. When it stucks there axis will usually win with heavy tanks, hummels etc and the map provides really huge ammounts of res (on axis side mp and ammo and on allied fuel and ammo). If the frontlines do not stuck there the game can become an epic dynamic large fight on the fields.
Valkensward is nice urban fight but also quite campy at the flanks sometimes. Inf doc and commandos can be quite powerfull there but stormtoopers also.

4 vs 4: Graves Bridges, Opertaion Goodwood and Fields of Engagment. Halfaya is acceptable but often stuh/88 and bunkers or at least the game doesnt go forward really for a long time untill Priests or other dominating arty cleans the map.

There are a few very large maps like Vire river extended and others. Sometimes they are fun to play as well but usually only a team awaits you with High res so that they can instantly block bridges or taking other important points while you are still trying to get an overview over the map and where to send the troops first.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Gazala is also a nice map. It's unique because there are very little resources. Everyone will be very short on fuel and munition. It means replacing your tanks and upgraded infantry is hard.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wake wrote:Gazala is also a nice map. It's unique because there are very little resources. Everyone will be very short on fuel and munition. It means replacing your tanks and upgraded infantry is hard.

Gazala..... Its not really cool. There are 3 important points in the middle of the map and the side which got the fuel point in north ()cost) and ammo in center wins usually. Also its a typical stuh map which alone makes maps like this boring.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

justforfun1

Post by justforfun1 »

Im trying to get some good infos regarding pvp's maps simply because im planing to add desert pvp maps for the my new Blitzkrieg Historical extension "Afrika 43", the First D-Day June 1944 historical add-on is Blitzkrieg mod with accurate skins and textures, nothing is changed and all Bk updates are compatible, for Afrika 43 it will be different, the doctrine system will be different, 1 doctrines per factions (Afrika Korps/8th Army) with their unique abilities, i will try to make an installer who will give you the choice to play Blitzkrieg mod (with the historical add-on) or play Afrika 43, its a lot of work but so far so good ;)

So if you have more pvp's maps you like just let me know.

J.