AI not as aggressive?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Acirius

AI not as aggressive?

Post by Acirius »

Hey there, I'm new to this forum though I've been playing CoH BK for a damn good while now, and I have to say I love the mod, the best one out there for CoH1 in my opinion. Anyway, since I downloaded 4.8.6.0 I've noticed that the AI don't really seem to be as aggressive, I was wondering if this is something anyone else is experiencing or is it something I missed in the patch notes? Normally me and my friend play against 2 hards, we're not insanely good at the game, we just play it for the fun of watching artillery blow people to bits. But normally at the start, or in my experience, the place would be swarming with either jeeps or bikes, I'd be struggling to put up a defensive line and be under constant attack - Which was fun! :O

Recently however, I've noticed the AI seem to be taking a more defensive approach, not really attacking at the start and simply letting me set up badass defenses with mortars goddamn everywhere, so when they do attack it's just rather.. Well weak. It's rather boring to just sit and watch them splash against my wall while I slowly build a mega-army. It only seems to be the BK MOD maps however, playing on normal maps they go just as hard hitting as before, men and tanks everywhere, fighting back at you. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. Well, weird behavour..

Wolf
Administrator

Re: AI not as aggressive?

Post by Wolf »

AI wasn't changed from like... 4.8.0.0 I think? So it should not be anything done recently... and last AI change was to fix CW Trucks.
Have you tried Expert AI ?

Acirius

Post by Acirius »

I haven't done, and I hesitate to do so! I'll test out what it's like vs an expert tomorrow. Probably to the shouts of alarm from my friends. >.< But thanks for the info!

Wake

Post by Wake »

Some maps have broken AI, like Autry, where they will just send all their units to one place and never move them.

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

Wake wrote:Some maps have broken AI, like Autry, where they will just send all their units to one place and never move them.

That would explain a lot. Allied AI on Gilroy's Harbor is also glitched/bugged.

Actually, I just realized that I haven't seen what happens if reversing the HQ spawns or setting them on expert difficulty would affect it. Going to play a game right now.

But I've also noticed that, from Hard to Expert AI, after 30-45 minutes, the enemy AI will often (not always) stop producing units or stop attacking.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I have been always wondering about which AI level is there when someone is dropped, anyone knows a clear answer?!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I have been always wondering about which AI level is there when someone is dropped, anyone knows a clear answer?!

depends on map and faction of the dropped player. At Road to Cherbourgh US and axis Bots are usually crazy (axis depends on chosen doc. Sometimes just having stubby Tank IV and sometimes Tiger spam). At Reversed defense US bots are usless usually. It is highly depending on map and thats why i hate early droppers or people that give up very early or too early and when the bots can then turn games sometimes.
Build more AA Walderschmidt