Skirts buff on German Tanks

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Skirts buff on German Tanks

Post by Warhawks97 »

I just open it bc i once again got over it due to this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3757&p=34226#p34226

Skrits are for me very weird since a long time and i think its time to get a talk about them.

The problem is that they provide always different bonuses for different units against different weapons.

For example the Panther skirts provide just a small additional protection against 76 guns, dropping the base pen from 0.32 to 0.3
Against 17 pdrs however it drops from 0.9 to 0.8. And for bazookas also from 0.3 to 0.2

Meanwhile, Panzer IV skrits are extremely powerfull, dropping the base pen of 76 guns from 1.25 to 1.15
The zooks drop even from 1 to 0.8

The stug is different again. Here it only provides additional protection against guns (1.4 to 1.3 against 76 guns) but absolutely no protection against Zooks which doesnt suffer at all from it and always pen the stug.

The Jagdpanzer IV/70 gets just a different crit type i think and no armor buff.

My Suggestion:
Skirts should primarily drop the pen and damage of infantry anti tank weapons bc thats what they were made for and which pose usually the biggest threat.

Like a Bzooka wouldnt have a base damage modifier of 3 and instead just 2.8 o so. The max damage would thus drop from max 300 to 280. Or from 210-300 per hit to 196-280.

The pen drop would also be like 20 percantage points. Like for the Panzer IV from 1 to 0.8.

Against guns the additional protection bonus would just be like that of Panther vs 76 guns. Dropping only by a small ammount of 0.02 basic pen pen points.

The cost woudlnt be ammo anymore but instead MP. 25-50 MP. All armor upgrades should btw cost MP instead of ammo, including greyhound skirts.
The Firefly armor upgrade cost MP and sandbags cost MP. And so should skirts.