WH halftrack

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Post Reply
User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Sd.Kfz. 251 Halftrack
Sd.Kfz. 251 Halftrack
sd_kfz15.jpg (9.09 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Sd.Kfz. 250/1 Halftrack
Sd.Kfz. 250/1 Halftrack
pe_ht_mg.jpg (2.81 KiB) Viewed 309 times



Those 2 transporter halftracks have much different models.. the PE halftrack is obviously better.. because it provides more space for inf inside it to fire almost in 360 degrees, or in all directions.. same with US M3 halftrack and CW Kangaroo.

The WH halftrack however, has the worst model.. because inf inside it only have a very narrow space to shoot from the rear of the vechile.. making it much harder to use with PanzerShrecks inside.


So, can we replace the WH halftrack with the PE one for WH faction too? Give the WH same transporter halftrack as PE faction.

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Bump up.

it's just a model replacement request.

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3918
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Warhawks97 »

That Panzerschreck halftrack thing is as old as BK. Personally i think they should have accuracy penalties when sitting inside a moving halftrack bc every unit that fires on the move has essentially an accuracy drop.

These Schreck/Bazooka shooting from a fast moving halftrack is quite annoying. Its more like playing GTA.

I dont have that many issues with that since in general the HT fires in all direction when crew is inside with MG´s in the front and back.
If only Schrecks that cant fire forwad is a thing, i would make for all halftrack working this way so that you cant ride straight up towards a vehicle or whatever and shooting it at during the charge.

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

i think it's totally fine how Shrecks/Zookas fire from inside HTs, just that 100% of the troops inside these vehicles should always die when it explodes.

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3918
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 14:00
i think it's totally fine how Shrecks/Zookas fire from inside HTs, just that 100% of the troops inside these vehicles should always die when it explodes.
Without accuracy penalty it should not be possible. Everything has a penalty in accuracy when moving. Thats why the snipers accuracy got reduced when shooting from inside the kangoroo.

User avatar
Redgaarden
Posts: 375
Joined: 16 Jan 2015, 03:58

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Redgaarden »

Sniper accuracy got added because there was no counterplay. HMG also shoot while moving and they didn't get a accuracy debuff.
And Shrecks/zooks are more of a scatter weapon than accuracy. So I dont think the accuracy debuffs for them are completely justified.

It is huge-risk/reward. It's not very cost efficient if you lose 660mp in one shot, or incase of kangaroo where you could lose over 1100mp in a single shot.
I would suggest they stay the way they are in zooks and support getting a better halftrack for WH. Though the infantry is slightly less protected in a PE halftrack than a WH one. But who cares about that?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3918
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Warhawks97 »

i saw halftracks blowing up and the guys with zooks staying next to the wreck and shoot at the target.

So everyone inside should at least die

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

@Kwok @MarKr
Any chance we could have this model replaced for WH faction? it would make WH faction at line with other factions in terms of mechanized capabilities, since all other factions have reliable transporters to use handheld AT weapons from.
What do you think ? Looking forward to hear your opinions...

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3063
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: WH halftrack

Post by MarKr »

I don't know if it is a good idea. PE HT allows maxium of 2 squads and 8 soldiers. Unlike PE, WM AT squads have 2 Schrecks so it would lead to an option
to have 4 Schrecks shooting from that HT in any direction. At least with the WM model the player needs to micro the vehicle to take advantage of this.
Image

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 16:34
I don't know if it is a good idea. PE HT allows maxium of 2 squads and 8 soldiers. Unlike PE, WM AT squads have 2 Schrecks so it would lead to an option
to have 4 Schrecks shooting from that HT in any direction. At least with the WM model the player needs to micro the vehicle to take advantage of this.
i think it would be totally OK if the units inside would completely die upon half-track explosion.. which leads us to another point; it's how most squads currently survive (sometimes even unharmed at all) when half-tracks\Kangaroo\ etc are destroyed.

This situation i witnessed several times, when a half-track full of Bazooka teams (4 Zookas) was destroyed.. then the 2 AT teams were unharmed, and kept fighting after the truck was destroyed.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3063
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: WH halftrack

Post by MarKr »

The transporters have each a percentual chance to unload each soldier when the transporter gets destroyed. It is usually 50% but some are set a bit differently. There is a chance that all of them survive but most of the time there are some losses.

You're basically asking to change the settings of several transporter units just so you can have forward-shooting schrecks in Wehrmacht. Just because 3 factions have something it doesn't mean the 4th needs to get it too especially when it is something this insignificant.
Image

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4041
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 21:24
You're basically asking to change the settings of several transporter units just so you can have forward-shooting schrecks in Wehrmacht. Just because 3 factions have something it doesn't mean the 4th needs to get it too especially when it is something this insignificant.
Thats's not what i'm saying, in fact.. i would like to use this post as an initiative to standardize the troops loss upon transporters explosion... i believe 100% of the inf inside should die, even if WH wouldn't get the half-track replacement.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3063
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: WH halftrack

Post by MarKr »

Well, if the model replacement isn't the main point why didn't you say so? :)

Is it a good idea to have everyone in the transporter die? When people load the transporters with zookas/schrecks use them to get close and when the transporter is dead they fire from close range and retreat - it is annoying, I understand that but is it really OK to lose entire squad (or squads) if you're just moving your troops around in a transporter, and get ambushed with an AT gun/TD or camoed AT squad? It feels like a too harsh punishment and actually a reason not to use transporters at all.

I think that most (or all?) transporters are set the way that the infantry inside is immune to damage - when enemies shoot, they target the transporter and the soldiers inside cannot be hit even if they shoot from the inside. So maybe this could be changed so that the infantry inside is vulnerable? The transporters still count as a type of cover so they would receive some protection from bullets but when the transporter gets destroyed, there would be a chance that some soldiers die in the explosion and the rest might already be on low health from the damage they took when the transporter was still alive.
Just an idea though.
Image

User avatar
Warhawks97
Posts: 3918
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 21:45
Location: Germany

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 10:55
Well, if the model replacement isn't the main point why didn't you say so? :)

Is it a good idea to have everyone in the transporter die? When people load the transporters with zookas/schrecks use them to get close and when the transporter is dead they fire from close range and retreat - it is annoying, I understand that but is it really OK to lose entire squad (or squads) if you're just moving your troops around in a transporter, and get ambushed with an AT gun/TD or camoed AT squad? It feels like a too harsh punishment and actually a reason not to use transporters at all.

I think that most (or all?) transporters are set the way that the infantry inside is immune to damage - when enemies shoot, they target the transporter and the soldiers inside cannot be hit even if they shoot from the inside. So maybe this could be changed so that the infantry inside is vulnerable? The transporters still count as a type of cover so they would receive some protection from bullets but when the transporter gets destroyed, there would be a chance that some soldiers die in the explosion and the rest might already be on low health from the damage they took when the transporter was still alive.
Just an idea though.
Liked

User avatar
Walderschmidt
Posts: 532
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 12:42

Re: WH halftrack

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 10:55
Well, if the model replacement isn't the main point why didn't you say so? :)

Is it a good idea to have everyone in the transporter die? When people load the transporters with zookas/schrecks use them to get close and when the transporter is dead they fire from close range and retreat - it is annoying, I understand that but is it really OK to lose entire squad (or squads) if you're just moving your troops around in a transporter, and get ambushed with an AT gun/TD or camoed AT squad? It feels like a too harsh punishment and actually a reason not to use transporters at all.

I think that most (or all?) transporters are set the way that the infantry inside is immune to damage - when enemies shoot, they target the transporter and the soldiers inside cannot be hit even if they shoot from the inside. So maybe this could be changed so that the infantry inside is vulnerable? The transporters still count as a type of cover so they would receive some protection from bullets but when the transporter gets destroyed, there would be a chance that some soldiers die in the explosion and the rest might already be on low health from the damage they took when the transporter was still alive.
Just an idea though.
Liked.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Post Reply