Sniper Rifles

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Sniper Rifles

Post by Warhawks97 »

We just had a discord talk about sniper rifles. And Mencius hinted me that snipers can never fail against rangers.

I checked corsix and snipers seem to have a x3 accuracy multiplier against them. So only green cover will protect them against snipers a bit.

Meanwhile other infantry (esspecially AB/fallis on the move) get barely hit as long as they keep moving.

So pls fix the sniper vs Rangers target table.

Also can AB survive a sniper hit? Or did i miss something?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Re: Sniper Rifles

Post by kwok »

This was all vcoh mechanics. Snipers at the time in vcoh were designed to be counters to elite infantry which had their own target table so it was always some "garaunateed" hit. Strangely in vcoh, no other infantry had that target table except rangers, even stormtroopers were classified under regular infantry target tables instead of elite. Haha, even "panzer_grenadier_elite" was classified as regular infantry.

Having the elite infantry target tables comes with perks. Should rangers get regular or elite target tables? Man, I dunno, I just work here. That's way too much balance thinking for my brain right now.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Re: Sniper Rifles

Post by Warhawks97 »

snipers were counter to heroic in vcoh coz at vet 3 axis inf all got elite armor and kch heroic or so.

I would just set the modifer vs tt elite from rangers to 1 like every other target table has it. That should solve the hyper vulnerability of rangers to snipers.
Build more AA Walderschmidt