Wasp's effectiveness

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
MarKr
Team Member

Wasp's effectiveness

Post by MarKr »

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone tried Wasp after the patch and if so, do you consider it now more useful? If not, what do you think would need to be changed in order to make it usable?

Wake

Re: Wasp's effectiveness

Post by Wake »

Absolutely useless - Some Brit player tried using it against a squad of my panzergrenadiers. It fired two bursts of flame at them which did nothing at all. Then I threw an AT grenade on the Wasp and destroyed it.

Then - the brit player made another Wasp. This time, he tried using it against my scout car. The scout car couldn't damage the Wasp, but amazingly, the Wasp did nothing at all, either. No damaged health, engine, immobilization, or anything.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Some Brit player tried using it against a squad of my panzergrenadiers. It fired two bursts of flame at them which did nothing at all. Then I threw an AT grenade on the Wasp and destroyed it.

Hmmm...the short range is its great weakness :/ It needs to get close to infantry but Axis infantry always has abilities to take it out - AT grenades, Panzerfausts by Volks...however increasing the range doesn't seem right.

This time, he tried using it against my scout car. The scout car couldn't damage the Wasp, but amazingly, the Wasp did nothing at all, either. No damaged health, engine, immobilization, or anything.

Weird..I'll check the criticals if there's something wrong with it...

I was thinking about giving it an ability to lay incendiary traps (on ground not points) - similar to what Schwimms have. It might make it usefull by makeing it harder for infantry to advance in early game...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
Some Brit player tried using it against a squad of my panzergrenadiers. It fired two bursts of flame at them which did nothing at all. Then I threw an AT grenade on the Wasp and destroyed it.

Hmmm...the short range is its great weakness :/ It needs to get close to infantry but Axis infantry always has abilities to take it out - AT grenades, Panzerfausts by Volks...however increasing the range doesn't seem right.

This..... Maybe PE would require an upgrade from this "training center" to have AT nades.... srsly.... WE needs at least first HQ upgrade to have molotovs and US even an building and upgrade for sticky. But PE has the most powerfull thrown AT weapon right at default.

IF US would just need the second building for stickies, WE the first HQ upgrade (as is now) and PE simply this third/second building (the one with all the upgrades for 150 mp) to have AT nades then everything would be OK and balanced. That way all three factions would unlock their close range AT stuff automatically by tiering up but not avaialble right at start and the prob woould be solved. But currently PE has it right by default and the mmost powerfull, WE tier upgrade and second strongest and US tier up and additional upgrade for the worst.

Change that-> prob solved with "wasp get killed by AT nades".
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I guess I agree with Hawks on this point really but anyways... Considering the Wasp, it currently has a very good armor now as it also requires at least 2 shells by the early Axis 37mm AT guns as well as the normal Bren Carrier or unlike all the units which are regarded to be on the same category such as Jeeps and etc! While this is surely fine and satisfying too.. however that the Wasp still lacks a good range actually.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well, yeah, but giving Wasp the same range as MGs have is obviously a nonsense. Making it kill infantry faster would be possible but then it would be deadlier than Croc Churchill flamethrower which would be weird too... It seems as a shame to leave it useless at it is right now. Adjusting early game ATs (stickies, AT nades...) just to make Wasp usable is weird too... Hard to say what to do with this one :/

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:Well, yeah, but giving Wasp the same range as MGs have is obviously a nonsense. Making it kill infantry faster would be possible but then it would be deadlier than Croc Churchill flamethrower which would be weird too... It seems as a shame to leave it useless at it is right now. Adjusting early game ATs (stickies, AT nades...) just to make Wasp usable is weird too... Hard to say what to do with this one :/

why is that weird?

srsly. Its more weird that needs WE HQ upgrade for some molovs, US an building and upgrade for shitty stickies but PE...yeah.. PE can have the most deadliest thrown AT stuff right at default for the lowest activation cost without any required upgrade or building. What exactly would be weird if all three factions would have to tier up just two buildings or one HQ upgrade.... So its not ONLY because of Wasp but would affect it also.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is weird to say "We made PE AT nades only available after teching in order to make Wasp more usefull" :D When I asked "what do you think would need to be changed in order to make it usable?" I meant what should be changed about the Wasp, not other units. However your suggestion has solid base so feel free to start a topic and let's see what other players think about it.