Bolt rifles shooting in sync for all squads

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
MenciusMoldbug

Bolt rifles shooting in sync for all squads

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Does this bother anyone but me?

I notice that all bolt rifles are shooting at the same speed, so you get a nice volley fire from units like volkstrumm, pioneers, volksgrenadiers, which i doubt they would be able to do unless they were trained properly.

I looked at the values in corsix and it seems theres a single aim time and a single cooldown value with no variations inbetween the numbers. For example, the cooldown of a pioneer kar98k is 2-2. So it will always shoot at 2 seconds multiplied by whatever distance they are engaging. I would put a very slight variance here like 1.95-2.05; or 1.98-2.02. Just a very slight variance so that volkstrumm are not constantly shooting in a volley fire like they are properly trained soldiers (which bothers me quite a lot more than can be perceived here). Same thing can be done with all the bolt rifles and any other single fire weapons that have a singular cooldown value.

This change is not concerning balance, it's more of an aesthetic change so the game is more pleasing to look at (at least for me).

Warhawks97

Re: Bolt rifles shooting in sync for all squads

Post by Warhawks97 »

You can argue that the accuracy is for that reason different.

You can argue from both sides. One might be able to pull the bolt as quick as a skilled one, but you cant get back on aim as fast and thus waste a shot by hastily pulling the trigger.

But perhaps, for aesthetic reasons, there could be a greater difference between max and min cooldown times.

In any way, slowing down cooldowns does affect damage output and would change balance. So is it worth it?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Yeah, you're right about that. I noticed that the garands the engineers use also have a singular cooldown value (1.75-1.75); So I was guessing it was set like that a long, long time ago. One could also put it at like the slightest millisecond variation so the the sync-firing spaces out after a few volleys. None of this is of course necessary; doesn't have to be changed at all. I've always known that the rifle was kind of set to this value since the beggining of BK because of how often I've used units like pioneers. I'm bringing it up because I started noticing it a lot more with the volkstrumm squad; though, if it only bothers me I guess it doesn't have to be changed.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

It didn't bother me because I didn't notice it. But now I will. THANKS!

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Lol. I guess it wouldn’t be hard to add variation to aim time and that would solve this
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.