Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
JimQwilleran

Re: Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Post by JimQwilleran »

And I think that playing as Allies is just more interesting ;). It's more fun when it's challenging.

When I lose a tank as US player it seems like I lost a squad of rifles. When I lose a tank as Axis, my whole war plan is devastated! Even if playing as Allies is harder due to micro, a good player have much more chances for a comeback after he makes a mistake.

But on the other hand, I played a game as Axis today. RE+Armor vs Terror+SE. I had a noob in my team who left the game when Shermans started to bomb his base. They pushed me to the edge with cheap shermans and arty churchills. And then I made a KT! And I won the game xD. I just kept advancing and killing everything around, covering my tank with shrecks and elite 5 vet grens ;). Killed SP, Crock a bunch of Jumbos and countless Shermans and Churchills. 17ps met rockets! These guys were not very smart. Eventually they said I had been a cheater and left ;).

Well, that only shows that u REALLY need the skills to win as Allies xD, and only a bit of luck as Axis.
BUT dat feel when u pwn Axis noobs xD!

Warhawks97

Re: Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Post by Warhawks97 »

in the early stage axis have more comback chances. Typicall axis comeback units are nebler, grens with stgs, vehicles armed with 20 mm canons, Tank IV´s. If axis gains like 70% of the map in early game + killing some enemie units its almost won. Most likely due to 50 mm pka+ mortar ht + sd2.

as kind of comback for axis its quite often the units mentioned above. If a player upgrades points near base to make a run towards grens, tanks IV and nebler he is able to push back the enemie as each unit is simply superior to any counterpart available at that time.

If booth sides are fully tierd up and at full strenght the allis have good chances for a comback if being pushed back and holding just like 40% of the map. But for that CW arty doc is usually neccessary as most axis players will stop advancing when having 60% of the map and keeping units in defensive and creating a strong defense with 88 and bunkers and pushing the allis back to base with massive use of arty. But if CW arty is well played then allied can have good combacks when arty holds enemie defense down and when mates keep pushing with cheap inf and tanks. In early came allis combacks rely usually on CW arty 75 mm HT that kill enemie paks while teammates keep defending at first place. A smart glider drop can also turn some games somtimes but not if scout vehuicles and 20 mm equiped units are defending paks and other weapon crews.
Build more AA Walderschmidt