Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Wake

Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Post by Wake »

How come every time I load up BK, I see players like this?

And then in the games it's all this?

If you noticed, it's all players that only play axis, waiting in lobbies for people to come play allies. This is a recurring feature of Blitzkrieg mod.

Why don't people want to play allies? It is because axis are better, or that a large portion of the playerbase are actually nazis?

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Why so many Axis-Only Players?

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hahahaha I don't like to get into political stuff here man but, well... Do u think that the Yankees were so much better and idealist than the Nazis?! Who dropped 2 nuclear bombs on Japan then?! :D
I would rather Hitler to them btw although that definitely he was a tyrant as well xD Also personally.. currently recent days very much prove to me that they were and are surely even still somehow just equal to each other though. (Talking about the Nazis and the nowadays USA leaders) :P

Let the players choose what they want without a comment as it's however just a game at the end!

The player 'Saint Adolf' as far as I know was a former American soldier btw who participated with his own national army in Iraq which is totally or completely destroyed and full of chaos since then when they invaded it on 2003 until now!!! We all miss the beautiful old Iraq..

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

hey wake, you wanna 300 further screenshots like that:P? I am checking all players since one year:D just i wont make them public.. (i found only a very small part of alli only player. 3 or max 5 if even).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Even H&G beside several other online games are like that, not only the BK mod or generally CoH actually... ^^

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

People prefer Axis in Red Orchestra 2 as well, mainly, and I quote a majority of players.

I am sick of playing Allies, WWII Allied point of view games have been jammed down our throats since the dawn of video games, but now we can finally play on the other side.

I try not to use this forum, mainly because of Warhawks and the Pro-Allied Party, who are basically the Australian Liberal Party, but for allies, they even pull the same tricks.

The is no transparency here anymore, since all the Axis players left, it's only about 10 people, and about 1 or 2 who support Axis, I might check back in a few month, and see this mod dead, this mod will be an Allies Tax-Haven soon, since they Pro-Allied party have this game at a strangle hold.

I will just create my own version, with a few friends.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I try not to use this forum, mainly because of Warhawks and the Pro-Allied Party, who are basically the Australian Liberal Party, but for allies, they even pull the same tricks.

From what you write it seems that you and your friends are more Pro-Axis so bring them here and even the balance.

And actually what is it you would like to see in the mod in order not to become "Allies-fanboy-tax-haven-I-won't-play-it" mod?

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Tiger1996 wrote:Hahahaha I don't like to get into political stuff here man but, well... Do u think that the Yankees were so much better and idealist than the Nazis?! Who dropped 2 nuclear bombs on Japan then?! :D
I would rather Hitler to them btw although that definitely he was a tyrant as well xD Also personally.. currently recent days very much prove to me that they were and are surely even still somehow just equal to each other though. (Talking about the Nazis and the nowadays USA leaders) :P

Let the players choose what they want without a comment as it's however just a game at the end!

The player 'Saint Adolf' as far as I know was a former American soldier btw who participated with his own national army in Iraq which is totally or completely destroyed and full of chaos since then when they invaded it on 2003 until now!!! We all miss the beautiful old Iraq..

Yes to that. Not to mention how old SS leaders were "recycled" for the good american cause (Von Braun was the first) and so on...
Yesterday fanatical IS murderers financed by the U.S.A and E.U were destroying sumerian sculptures in Iraq... But let's stop here.

About the game I myself prefer to play germans because I like more their units, the shape of their tanks and their resistance, but just because of that.

And about all that names and stuff... ignorance and lack of sex probably :roll: :lol:

crimax

Post by crimax »

Political stuff should not be admitted but just for fun I want to report what happened to me time ago:
I joined a 2v2 on allied side hosted by 2 guys (on axis side), they were talking about
"Germans" and WWII: "what if?"; "If Reich did this instead of that"; "2 fronts"; etc.
For fun I wrote, "Militarily Imho Hitler was a noob" ........2 seconds passed and I have got a kick out :)

Back in topic ...
Imho this mod gives players a general idea that "german things" were strong, well engineered, war machines. Their MGs, the epic big cats, bad infantry units, etc ... and in part this was true.

If you ask someone that doesn't know nothing about WWII:"Tell me a name of Tank used in WWII" ... most probably he will respond: .. "Tiger !" ..... Could him respond "Jackson?" .... Hmmm

What "medium people" knows about allied "military stuff" ? I think, mostly units watched in movies. Patton?, 101st?, 82nd? ..... The Sherman ? facepalm :)
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

MarKr wrote:

From what you write it seems that you and your friends are more Pro-Axis so bring them here and even the balance.

And actually what is it you would like to see in the mod in order not to become "Allies-fanboy-tax-haven-I-won't-play-it" mod?

My mates and I alternate between Axis and Allied on a regular basis and we found it balanced enough to still have competitive play, though we outlaw artillery and even have our own written set of rules on my Mediafire that we all agree to which tends to make it pretty balanced.

@ Markr, I am not even going to bother, it will create such an argument that I just don't want to deal with, I have really had it with this one party state system of this forum and it's just tiring to read. It's too late for any of my suggestions, and I guarantee it will be declined to to "Public Pressure" in which this mod is dictated by.

One of my mates who did join recently doesn't post due to it being an intimidating environment, and posting being pointless in this kind of community, so I speak on their behalf (Most of the time). I tell them that there is just no point. Plus adding 5 or 6 new members can't really change what has already happened, not all my friends support Axis I admit, the only reason I am supporting them is because of all the hate they get, and the "Nerf nerf nerf nerf!" mentality against them.
And adding 3 or 4 new Axis supports still can't balance out the 10+ Allied supporters out of the 15 active users.

It's just easier to learn how to mod, and fix the problems and improve it yourself, than go through meat grinder here.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@ OK, I guess I get your point. I don't agree with it but I understand...

Also guys:
"I would rather Hitler to them btw although that definitely he was a tyrant as well xD Also personally.. currently recent days very much prove to me that they were and are surely even still somehow just equal to each other though. (Talking about the Nazis and the nowadays USA leaders) :P"

"Yes to that. Not to mention how old SS leaders were "recycled" for the good american cause (Von Braun was the first) and so on...
Yesterday fanatical IS murderers financed by the U.S.A and E.U were destroying sumerian sculptures in Iraq... But let's stop here."

I would like to ask you to refrain in the future from any comments about politics. This is a mod forum if you feel an urge to debate stuff of this sort, please, debate it on forums that are focused on it. ;)

Krieger Blitzer

@Dweller; Still u didn't mention anything about how u would like the game to become more likely balanced as u believe... Maybe some of ur points will be considered! :)

@MarKr; Alright, I do clearly understand.. :D

@Kasbah; But about ISIL btw hmm... I would surely clarify all my view points regarding this, however that I don't think it's a good idea anyways as u can see to go in deeper with anymore political subjects or concepts on the forums! ^^

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:People prefer Axis in Red Orchestra 2 as well, mainly, and I quote a majority of players.

I am sick of playing Allies, WWII Allied point of view games have been jammed down our throats since the dawn of video games, but now we can finally play on the other side.

The is no transparency here anymore, since all the Axis players left, it's only about 10 people, and about 1 or 2 who support Axis, I might check back in a few month, and see this mod dead, this mod will be an Allies Tax-Haven soon, since they Pro-Allied party have this game at a strangle hold.

I will just create my own version, with a few friends.

Not all here which support allies are mate of me.... Some came to me after i did some posts and ive also got PM´s from couple of players. Thing is that i play bk since 2011 and all the guys i do know as typicall axis players are still here (except 1 or 2 maybe). From the players which played allied or allied and axis are simply many many gone.... i would even say of my 350 BK players i knew from my early bk days are just like the half if even still here. Ive been on many many teamspeaks from people from all over the world and many of them got screwed away as it was just crazy annyoying to play allied. Whenever we created a game we did wait sometimes about 2-3 hours when we filled the axis side and nobody came. When we then switched to allied side the axis side got filled within seconds. And always when we have a full game people shouted: "balance".... to old experienced got often stucked into the allied team which made me really sick and i left the game (and the didnt find replacments). I am getting often PM in steam "we need one more alli player".... i wrote them then that i simply dont want to play alli always only and the numbers of pm and game invites reduced and ive got seldomly a pm anymore asking for game.

There are about 250 bk player in my steam fl (270 is limit for me) and i know even more which i dont have in fl. I would play with pretty much all of them and even with the newest bk players i do play axis and i can carry them through a game. But if i conisder srsly to win a game as allied against halfway experienced players there are about 10 if even i would play with. I could write down the names if you want (there are 7 currently of active bk players i would play allied compared to like 100 others i would play with as axis). All the players and clans i did play together with allies are gone. Some of them (e.g. Joethepro and his mates) came back sometimes in old forum trying to push changes but they are gone. Hopefully they will come back after last patch. I am currently trying to get some good players back to BK i enjoyed to play with and try to convince them that changes are possible/already made/ or done in next patches. When i am playing games it happens really often that players do complain about something and i am always saying that they should write their issues down here in the forum regardless if "pro axis" or "pro allied".

So stop saying that everybody here belongs to "my crew" whenever someone asks for a buff of an allied unit. Furhermore i did never shout for a nerf of any unit (except stupa in old versions which was the reasons for 6 treads full with complains about it). I either asked for some better cost efficency for some allied units (eg commandos) or simply for a better counter of some axis units/tactics that lead to an axis win in almost every game and which was incredible hard to counter as allied (e.g 12 min BK/Terror Tank IV/nebler rush) and a good solution was the + 1 CP of Tank IV massproduction. Maybe you should, as we say in germany: "Deinen Horizont erweitern" (Broaden your horizon).

I agree that some balance issues got first visible when more players started playing bk in teamfights when it went to steam in 4.7. Before that everybody knew each other and we had a smoothy community of like 300 players playing pvp and 100 of them frequently. In the 2 vs 2´s and teamfights with same players some issues got simply not visible. Maybe it would help your small community of some mates as well to play more international if somehow possible (i know your inet isnt really goot but i am just sayin).
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 01 Mar 2015, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

Wake

Post by Wake »

V13dweller wrote:@ Markr, I am not even going to bother, it will create such an argument that I just don't want to deal with, I have really had it with this one party state system of this forum and it's just tiring to read. It's too late for any of my suggestions, and I guarantee it will be declined to to "Public Pressure" in which this mod is dictated by.

Well maybe if you looked at the content of our posts instead of just chalking us up as "allied-fanboys", you would understand.

Me, and almost everyone else who advocates for allied buffs, does so because we play all 4 factions. We realize that axis are better and easier to play. I personally try to avoid playing allies because it's hard and a lot of axis units are better (and cheaper) than allied units.

I've given dozens of examples, but what I think is the best is that if I'm an allied player, and I see a heavy axis tank like a King Tiger, I absolutely panic. What the fuck do I do? How do I kill this thing? If I'm American, my bazookas are going to bounce off, none of my AT guns can penetrate it, and my tank destroyers are buggy, glitchy, and it's like playing the lottery when hoping to get a penetrating shot. If I'm British, my PIAT squads are terrible, and my 17 pounders only penetrate some of the time, but will be 1-shotted by the King Tiger or, more likely, will get destroyed by roving Panzershreck squads.

Now what do I do if I am playing as axis, and I see a heavy allied tank like a Super Pershing? I don't panic at all. It's EASY to destroy a super pershing. I run my AT squads straight through the enemy lines and fire my panzershrecks, shoot my panzerfaust, and maybe throw an AT grenade. Do this once or twice and the super pershing is gone, never to be seen again. If that didn't work, there are still about 20 other units I have in my arsenal that can easily destroy a super pershing.

The Allies are calling in air strikes and shooting artillery like mad just to destroy a single heavy axis tank that be reproduced again. Axis get the pleasurable ability of choosing which method they want to destroy super pershings.

It's fun to play axis, it's hard to play allies.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Just to be clear here...

Axis will always be easier to play, as they will always have stronger single units = easier to manage, but you have to be careful, as your units are (usually) expensive. I don't want to change that.
Allies will always be harder to play, because they will always have more weaker units = harder to manage. You also have to activate AP ammo much more often than as Axis, that is more resource intensive + requires even more micro management.
That doesn't mean, they should not have fair chance to win, if they outsmart/outnumber opponent by a lot, which didn't happen much and if, then it was mostly thanks to "easy to play" units like Priests.

But yes, in some cases it felt wrong, as for example the early game, when as allied you would fear motorbike/schwimm, but as Axis you would laugh at .30 jeep. That has nothing to do with allied-axis fanboyism. Yes, in this patch we overdid jeep, but that doesn't mean that it won't be fixed or that it was kind of ment to be that way.
There are very few exceptions to above (stronger single units), like SP, but still, on axis side, you can take for example KT, elephant, or whatever - without a scratch from most AT weapons, unlimited. SP - can be destroyed by almost any AT on axis side, one time call, you sacrifice PAce. That is a significant difference, don't you think? Also one of the reasons why I did not remove SP or not supported its removal. Its something that is unusual, that is different, but still you can't say Allies has some kind of unfair advantage in it.

Anyways, if you follow this forum, then you can clearly see that I don't agree with warhawks on many topics, and that I did many things differently than he would wish or didn't do at all. That said, I consider him and many others that I often disagree with as good players that may have something to say to BK balance. I am not sure how you can say that its now Allied party or whatever, you are playing by your rules and that is your free decision, however why don't you have few games, as allies against the said Allied party. Because I know that they play Axis aswell and that they are good at it. Maybe even play 4.7 or some other version, so you can see the difference (being demolished by 100% accurate stupa, being ripped off by heroic/critial heroic infantry etc.), I am pretty sure they would play with you. Of course you can't tell from one game, but play like 5-10 games and I am pretty sure, that you will change your opinion. We are not buffing allies to be better than axis, we are buffing allies or more like individual units and systems, to be atleast useful (bren carrier, jeep, para engis, etc). You can see that one of the changes is about 50mm AT gun, why on earth should that AT gun, which had lower cost be more effective against all units? I can live with that Axis weapons are somehow better, because BK mod is just set that way, but why should it also be less expensive? So I increased it price only to be EVEN (while it probably should be MORE expensive). Most of the changes follow the same logic. Of course if everything would be more expensive/overpriced, then it becomes disadvantage, and I don't want that.

Maybe just look at some of the replays these players are posting, if you don't want/can't play with them.

@Topic directly - I don't think its that hot really, almost any time I look in the lobby, I can see allied and axis waiting, yes, its true that there are more Axis only players than Allied ones, but I don't think its that big difference.

Wake

Post by Wake »

There is also a scientific reason to the notion that most of this forum is pro-allied.

If you are an axis-only player, for the most part, there is no reason to come to this forum and talk. Things are OK for you. You can win easily, and that is the way you like it.

If you are an allied-only player, you are angry. You want change, so you make yourself heard. You come here to the forums and demand allied buffs.

It's the same reason that you don't see people protesting when everything is OK. People only protest when they are unhappy.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I have suggested changes for allies before, and I do play allies quite a bit, and when I play British I don't worry about King Tigers that much, as a single camo'd 17 pounder puts it to bed with ease. I have toasted many Jagdtigers even with 17 pounders.

There are just some changes I was not too fond of, plus modding myself a version would just be easier.

I am just going to leave it here, since I have basically turned the entire forum against me.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Axis will always be easier to play, as they will always have stronger single units = easier to manage, but you have to be careful, as your units are (usually) expensive. I don't want to change that.

Stronger, yes, mostly at least.... more expensive? Not so much anymore. If you follow all the patches you will see that axis in general got nice price drops (Tanks, reinforce cost etc) but the performence difference between axis and allied untis remained. Sure some units had been overpriced, others underpriced and changes had been neccessary but in general axis got nice cost drops or having cheaper but better units at the same time (bren and schwimmwagen, vehicles with 20 mm kwk and nice armor vs Greyhound, Puma with 50 mm vs stuart where the cost difference is very small but effectivness and efficency much better and so on or Panzerschreck squad vs US at squd.)

Wolf wrote:Allies will always be harder to play, because they will always have more weaker units = harder to manage. You also have to activate AP ammo much more often than as Axis, that is more resource intensive + requires even more micro management.

Might be so but its really kind of very relaxing in the first part of the game as axis. The reason i think is that this game is balanced in quantity vs quality which works in late game so far but in the early stage the number of fielded units are the same. Thats why i think axis in general is a way easier in early/mid stage. The late seems most balanced with real quantity vs quality.

And US being played really as quantity faction (what only a few players do) is a really micro intensive playing. Esspecially inf doc when having like 20 inf squads in late game which all need to be controled simultaneously if possible. Thing with "alwys HVAP to beat the smallest axis tank" is a really nasty thing btw. The biggest prob for US which cant be solved by patches is simply the micro managment and most players are simply overstrained with it. Esspecially when trying to play with many tanks and vehicles which dont have an easy retreat button. Its really hard sometimes.

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

I for one started playing this mod because vanilla coh was ridiculous with ally troops just walking up to heavy axis tanks which cost a fortune get destroyed instantly with OP infantry or those small AT 50mm guns.

not a fan of hitler or Nazi's I just think the germans have cooler toys in this game. if the Russians were in this mod I would play them more, T34, KV, ISV etc... I like the tanks in this game and BK mod does it better than any other mod I have played. unfortunately US and Brit tanks were pretty bad during WW2, still not as bad as what the Japanese called a tank ;)

my 2 cents

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

lunarwolf wrote:I for one started playing this mod because vanilla coh was ridiculous with ally troops just walking up to heavy axis tanks which cost a fortune get destroyed instantly with OP infantry or those small AT 50mm guns.

vanilla is different and just to point it out. Panther there cost for WE 600/110 compared to 420/90 to sherman and with vet 3 unlock it had top gunner and skirts which greatly decreased US stickies and zooks effectivness. PE gets in late game even 2 Panther for 1000 MP so.... 500 for one Panther isnt really expensive and PE in late game literally spams them and Panther outranges every US tank. Also the PE TH doc inf with vets and double schrecks cracks every tank formtation very fast (and rof with offensive vet is insane with schrecks). In BK a Panther is overall more dangerous but also a bit more expensive.

Skilled PE players which veted up their inf with continuos Panther support could overrun literelly everything and only well placed calli salvos or P-47 Mg strafing runs can stop PE effectively (and mines).

So your description about Vcoh and that axis are soo expensive (Panzer IV cost less as sherman) isnt correct. In Fact the Panther from PE are the cheapest tanks in game. Allied have no cost advanatge. Only cheaper reinforce as PE and better use of wounded soldiers + supply yard can give some quantity boost.

Wake

Post by Wake »

V Coh had a fundamental problem in that Wehrmacht could buy veterancy, which meant that allies were doomed in every long-lasting game. But it's not a good comparison, as BK has changed so many things. Remember, that in v Coh, a sherman was considered a heavy tank, bazookas were exclusive to 1 unit, AT guns fired once every two seconds but needed 4 or 5 shots to destroy just basic tanks, and bren carriers were the king of early game.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

nah... allied had not been doomed in long lasting games. brits maybe butcw inf blobbs with several vet leutnaants can be dominating. WE "vet" are not really vets but rather kind of upgrades like top mg gunner or skirts. Damage output kept the same. Also axis have it harder in late game with fortifications as they often lack ammo and thus also not so good by using the wounded soliders. PE was dominating after many many upgrades for the inf and when having inf on vet+ panther call in available. US in late game can literally spam emplacments as they usually swim in res (which helps upgrading points and thus ammo or fuel is no prob). Also every new created rifle squad had two bars right at default there (after BAR upgrade) and the US vets are one of the best so far. AB has supply drop for 100 mp and off map cooldowns are very short (you need only the res). So basically US armor can use all the ammo for the war machinery, inf doc for endless mines simply put everywhere and stickies and AB for MG strafe run when PE is going to attack. As US is literally able to use all the MP for OP points they can use the global abilities quite often.

At the other side ,esspecially when axis managed to dominate early game and to get the fuel, Axis will quickly become brutal and esspecially PE gets Panthers and upgraded inf fast. There is no real chance then to strike them back. I once thought like you that axis is unbeatable in late game but with good use of support and off map stuff it is possible. Most fail as allied when trying to fight PE offenses with own offenses without weakening PE first with mines and mgs. PE will win in such clashes in most cases. But thats off topic and i just wanted to correct some assumptions about vcoh "axis winning always in long games" and "Axis expensive units easily smashed by mini paks". In fact its pretty balanced just need to know how and the strenght of each faction and the way they are being played. The vet 3 Tiger call ins for example are usually damn hard to kill but to know how helps a lot when facing them.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I refuse to play allied armor, ever one of my units gets one shotted, even my super pershing.

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

Bad luck happens with CoH's probability based damage system speed demon.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I play Men of War Assault Squad 2 since that has an incredibly good tank damage system, no chance system and that garbage.

It uses the mm of Armour and Slope system which makes is a brilliant Combined Arms game, even the Pzb-39 can damage Shermans and T-34's if you aim for the spaces in between the road wheels and such, each tank has tens of different armour plates which makes it very realistic.

Though homebrew CoH mods are better than what is otherwise available, private communities are better than public.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

After hours of waiting in a lobby as axis and while there at the same time 3 lobbies waiting for allied player things like these do happen also. I had to laugh a lot. Quite amusing.

Lörn btw should mean Learn.
Attachments
2015-03-24_00007.jpg
2015-03-24_00006.jpg
2015-03-24_00005.jpg