Allied TD´s (Hit and run Tactics)

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

Allied TD´s (Hit and run Tactics)

Post by Warhawks97 »

I´ve noticed a while ago that M10 achilles and m10 wolverine have an ability called "Hit and Run Tactic" which cost 60 ammo and which can be only used from ambush. But i dont get the point of that ability. Allied TD´s (except Jacks) have this ability automatically when shooting from ambush. The Eye above indicates that the Tank will shoot two quick shots in a row and if the player starts moving the Tank automatically goes into flank speed/top speed mode. So why do we need this as ability which cost 60 ammo and which is bugged sometimes and also extremly unrealitic as the enemie Tank cant move during that time (just as stupid as the pinning tank ability from brits). But the shells usually bounce or simply disappear which is maybe a bug. Hellcat and Jacks do not have this ability and as i said its not neccessary.

"From an ambush position, the Tank shoots two shots at an approaching enemie Tank. The enemie Tank will be caught by surprise and for a short period of time will be unable to react to this attack. This gives the Tankdestroyer enough Time to retreat to a new ambush position."

Thats the description and this actually happens more or less automatically. I am testing the ability currently but iirc this ability stops working as soon as the Tank moves which makes the description just pointless and wrong. At the same Time Tank commander inside of an M10 in armor doc cant use the Tank commander artillery strike.

The ability range is also much longer as the actual gun range. Furthermore it seems that the tank makes only one shot although descroption says two lol. The rof is not higher as from a normal ambushed shot so.... which sense as this ability except "surprising and pinning/slowing down enemie tank". It works like the Phosphorus round of the Hellcat just more expensive. Maybe simply remove "Hit and run tactic" as ability as it is done automatically and add Phosphorus rounds instead. Its almost the same.
Build more AA Walderschmidt