Suggestions for new maps to the mappack

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Wolf
Administrator

Suggestions for new maps to the mappack

Post by Wolf »

Hey,

your time to shine ;)

I would like to add about 3-6 maps into BK, however I would like them to have some specifics:

- one or two maps for each 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4
- they should be partially city maps (like 2vs2 map linden), where one part of the fight is in the city and other on the open field
- should not have high fuel points, or atleast not easily available (bad example - Autry), but can have pretty big fuel amout total
- should not contain any built-in entities which can be taken, like bunkers, emplacements
- preferably if author can be contacted

So if you want to suggest certain map, please do.

MeatshieldNZ

Re: Suggestions for new maps to the mappack

Post by MeatshieldNZ »

I cant think of any maps off the top of my head but I know who some of the good mapmakers are. UKVaultman, Playmobil & Gorkhali are 3 that come to mind who make superb maps. Their details should still be on the old forum and they were all active fairly recently too

Wake

Post by Wake »

There is a map in the current map pack that doesn't work: St. Laurent

It's a 3v3 map but the HQ territory for everyone is so small that there is only enough space for the 1st building and nothing else.

mongalong247

Post by mongalong247 »

Hey Wolf - I had a thread on the old forum that had a whole bunch of suggestions for maps, many of which had been tested and played through. It appears that the old forum is gone now so I can't link to it - if you have access to it it might pay to look at that thread, same username as here.

Cheers

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I would also like to mention that the map Drachenwald seems to be unplayable and lag crashes every time probably due to too many entities.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

speeddemon02 wrote:I would also like to mention that the map Drachenwald seems to be unplayable and lag crashes every time probably due to too many entities.

Maybe the pc´s of some players cant handle them. I had huge problems at lyon and very large maps untill ive got a new pc. But sometimes the entire game simply crashes for all players at the same time. Often during the most exciting part.

Another map which is well knowns for lags and crashes is fields of engagment although its not really a complicated map. I like the map but many players dont like it for the crashes. Halfaya pass at the other hand simply "the" unlaggy map for everyones pc but also a quite boring map.

And other BK maps such as hil 192 are very small with only small res points and absolut CW maps as they can use gliders very effective and also upgrading this very small points for free with trucks where other nations would have to spend ammount of res. Its quite funny but in my opinion too small to be a BK-modTipp map. Heavy mortars can almost shoot from one base to the other.

I´ve once had a mappack with 5 maps which were fun to play but somehow the entire bk mod or even entire coh had to be reinstalled after playing or installing such a map/those maps and finishing the game. I cant remember where ive got them from or who made them. Maybe it had been some of Ukvaultmans maps. I think i have him in steam fl. I could ask him maybe.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I highly doubt it's the PC as all games I've seen on that map from multiple computers less than 2 years old. The game degrades right from the start until it crashes usually within around 5-8 minutes.

I dont recall field of engagement, I'll look for that one, but halfaya pass I have not seen any issues with and have played that several times.

I made a couple of basic maps intended for beginners or intense play for consideration. They have only been played by those I know at this time.

crimax

Post by crimax »

If we want to add some maps, then we should add UKvaultman's maps.
They are ready-to-use and resources in it are especially balanced for BK (personally tested with UKvaultman, to avoid spam).
They are good in PvP or compstomps, but, since last BK updates, I noticed some bug, but it should be nothing unsolvable.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I'd rather pick some maps from pack, than add some big pack, so if you can take some maps which are like what I wrote in first post, then okay.

mongalong247

Post by mongalong247 »

Cagny is a great map, quite large - which can cause issues on slower systems - it's made by one of the forum members.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

Could we put somewhere on this forum a place to d/l maps?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

speeddemon02 wrote:Could we put somewhere on this forum a place to d/l maps?

It can practically be one topic, but we need to have the maps in the first place. And if they will be accepted, it will be added into the mappack.

crimax

Post by crimax »

I dont know who has it but if you want test it, I have it on my cloud.
UKvaultman's Map Pack Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xp24cqjko1jcf ... 9.rar?dl=0
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

lunarwolf

Post by lunarwolf »

just a few suggestions

2v2
- Bocage
- Breaking Point Day
- Canal Clog II
- D-Day Plus Seven <- EPIC MUST HAVE MAP
- Death of a division
- Hauffalize road (good map, but recently get bug where units do what they want)
- High Valley
- Martainville <- EPIC MUST HAVE MAP
- The Rhur Pocket
- Valle

3v3
- Farm Frenzy <- EPIC MUST HAVE MAP
- Greatseska
- Ice and steel
- Rittergut Kolkrabe

4v4
- 8_p Farms and factories
- bridges and metal
- Failed Drop <- EPIC MUST HAVE MAP
- Midnight War
- Steel Pact <- EPIC MUST HAVE MAP
Last edited by lunarwolf on 12 Mar 2015, 13:00, edited 12 times in total.

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

How bout Manor Hill v2 (4)? Some of the other maps on there should be a fit given GR's competitve nature.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/in ... pic=717150

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I would like to revive this topic. I guess UKvaultman's maps are pretty cool, but I couldnt install them because they are not in sga format, hence they don't work whem I put them into Coh relaunch\ww2\scenarios. Can anybody solve this problem.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Well, regarding maps... Even if they were actually in '.sga' format then u manage to put them into ur 'My Documents\My Games\CoH Relaunch\ww2\Scenarios' they would be still bugged to use as they would have this 'temp.rec' crash glitch once u click at "Multiplayer" on ur game main menu... We also used to do the same thing with the Afrika addon maps.. but finally it got fixed so far!
When I asked JFF1 about the solution.. he instantly replied telling me how to...
Hello, yes its possible, but only if the devs. integrate those maps in their mod module and create a special maps archives for those same maps in their mod, the best is to link the mod module to a "maps" file where all maps are packed instead of adding one by one all maps names in the module.

Im looking forward to see those videos, i will send you the latest update to test it ;)

Cheers!

And btw I have already shared this text above with MarKr before... So; once me and Eldrak are done with extracting the best maps from the 634 mappack, I will then send them to Wolf so that we could hopefully have some good new ones :)

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Have a look at vaultman maps, they all are good and made specialy for bk, thing is that I dont know how to use them since its not sga format.

Krieger Blitzer

These maps by him are way too old I think, I mean... I also don't believe if there is someone I could ever know who can deal with such kind of files to be honest!

If u look at the 'Read Me.txt' file that he has provided in the folder.. u should quickly notice this line then;

And on a 64 bit system this would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Company of Heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios\MP

Got my point? :P
I even couldn't reach this path btw, it's no more located anywhere.

Yet I am not sure now though... But maybe still.. I will later see about it perhaps.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Obviously that because he made maps when BK was not in steam. But I believe this issue can be fixed somehow.

Krieger Blitzer

Yup, but I am afraid it's only fixable if he makes new versions of those maps that fits the new Steam design for CoH!
Still I might be wrong though ^^

Sukin-kot (SVT)

I contacted him and he said that his maps used to work on steam version as well.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Ok, with proper pathing they are working and all maps are awesome. Wolf, can you add them into bk mod mappack?

Krieger Blitzer

Ya, I've also got them working just now... So; I think yes.. these 7 ones should be added as well.

EDIT:-
For those who want to try them.. here is how u make them work;
Copy the files of each map to this path:-
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\WW2\Data\Scenarios\MP

Create the folder urself if u don't find it! I mean that u will actually have to create a folder called "Data" inside ur "WW2" folder etc.
And that's all of it...