German Pak 37mm

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Walderschmidt

German Pak 37mm

Post by Walderschmidt »

I'd like to revisit this unit. In the wake of the German AT rifle getting raped by the nerf bat, I'm forced to rely on the Pak 37mm.

It does have quick aim times and good accuracy. Hell, the firing rate is not too bad either! But it fails against Recce and above unless it's shooting the Recce's ass. So I'd like to buff this unit. My suggestion would be to give it APCR rounds. If memory serves, with APCR rounds, the Pak 37mm could penetrate up to 40mm of armor, albeit only under 500m. With a shaped charge, Stielgranate 41, it could penetrate 160mm of armor under 800mm.

So my thought was to give it APCR rounds to all doctrines and then maybe Stielgranate 41 to Terror? This would scale its usefulness throughout the game, damage recce's frontally, and even scare of Shermans. The allied counterpart, basically a copy of the pak 37mm, has AP rounds and even destroyed one of my Stugs frontally if I recall correctly (it's possible it was counted as a rear shot but see the replay to decide).

What do you guys think?

Wald
4p_bizory.2019-09-15.02-20-03.rec
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: German Pak 37mm

Post by Warhawks97 »

The idea for stiehlgranate had been arround for a while. But that way people might start spamming them against pershings and jumbos as this weapon would be more effective than the 75 mm pak.

APCR might be worth a test. But even then it wouldnt (reality) and shouldnt (gameplay) for shermans frontal armor.
I havent checked how good the 37 mm US AT gun got now, but the 37 mm got standardized which means for the 37 mm AT gun version being nerved vs rear armor of any axis medium tank. Prior to 37 mm change the gun had 100% chance to rear pen any axis medium tank at any range. That got fixed now in exchange for bit better frontal armor pen (bc before the pen chance even with AP was like 0.001% vs frontal armor and thus 100% waste of ammo).

The axis 37 could be a bit better vs recce/stuart but slightly worse vs shermans frontal armor (it used to be quite good from ambush).

So yeah, buff vs recce, perhaps APCR but no for Stiel.
Build more AA Walderschmidt