Doctrine Idea Poll

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.

Of the three, which of the doctrine's would you like to see introduced to the mod?

Veteran
8%
Volkssturm
50%
Propaganda
38%
No Change
4%

Total votes: 24

kwok
Team Member

Doctrine Idea Poll

Post by kwok »

During this whole doctrine rework phase, we have received many ideas for doctrines as well as come up with many on our own. Sometimes, doctrines do not hold up thematically to the greater vision on BK. For the next phase, we are looking to the community to give some guidance on a direction to take. This poll is just meant to be GUIDANCE and NOT NECESSARILY WHAT WE WILL DO. Our goal is to build a doctrine that is balanced, immersive, and fun with the community’s feedback.

AGAIN, THIS POLL IS NOT MEANT TO BE A FINAL DECISION. We just want to hear what you all think.

Of the three doctrine ideas below, which seem the most interesting that you’d like to see in the game?

Veterans Army
The commander known as the “Desert Fox” earned his nickname by being one of the most notable tank commanders of the time. This doctrine will model after the division he commanded, the 21st Panzer, where you will be immersed in his decision making and given various weapons available throughout the war. A key strategic focus when playing this doctrine will be macro and properly tiering at the right time to handle.

Skill/Reward Ratio: Low

Volkssturm (People's Army)
During the latest stages of the war, the “People’s Militia” was established and integrated with the Wehrmact. Through promotions under the Propaganda Minister, parts of the German army became supported through conscription.
This doctrine will feature light infantry combined with the latest weaponry and tanks available to the Wehrmacht.

Skill/Reward Ratio: Medium

Propaganda

Propaganda played a major impact on the war and was used on many fronts, from the homefront to the trenches.
This doctrine will give you a wider selection of morale impacting and economic abilities to influence the frontline. A more micro-intensive doctrine that will reward proper usage and timing of an assortment of abilities.

Skill/Reward Ratio: High
Last edited by kwok on 01 Aug 2019, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Re: Doctrine Idea Poll

Post by Walderschmidt »

Propaganda.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

Volksturm.

BlackPanther

Przemsznikov 23

Post by Przemsznikov 23 »

Volkssturm!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Y’all know what polls are for right?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

kwok wrote:Y’all know what polls are for right?

This was made for balance reasons.

BlackPanther

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Oops! Voted.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The idea of Volkssturm already existed. The doc was called propaganda and contained Volkssturm. But it was forbidden to be used or am i wrong?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I heard something like that too but I presume the original creator forbade the usage of the doctrine (or basically files) he made/designed. If we decide to go with the Volkssturm doctrine, we will design it from the scratch and it will be our design, thus no prohibition would apply.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The doctrine will be created from scratch and will not look like or contain any files or ideas from our old team member Rurhpatriott.
This is something new in accordance of the work and improvements we've done so far on bk mod "IF" we decide to do it.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

Oh I am sure you gonna turn everything upside down just right.

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

The New BK Champion wrote:Oh I am sure you gonna turn everything upside down just right.

What's wrong with your mister "I don't like any changes let the mod rot"

The New BK Champion

Lol, you know I think there is a very thick border between: making "any" changes and not letting the mod die...
and:
changing literally everything, units, doctrines, values, abilities, adding and removing same things a copule of times, balancing, then reverting cuz it was op, then balancing again because it was too weak, and reverting again, moving stuff to different doctrines every few updates (maybe that will help), removing ammo price from mortars, then adding ammo price for barrage, buffing arty damage, then reducing scatter, then reducing arty range, then adding more shot per barrage.. and so on and so on... I could keep listing this chaos for much longer, but I guess u get my point

Yeah I love that "reworking"...

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

The New BK Champion wrote:Lol, you know I think there is a very thick border between: making "any" changes and not letting the mod die...
and:
changing literally everything, units, doctrines, values, abilities, adding and removing same things a copule of times, balancing, then reverting cuz it was op, then balancing again because it was too weak, and reverting again, moving stuff to different doctrines every few updates (maybe that will help), removing ammo price from mortars, then adding ammo price for barrage, buffing arty damage, then reducing scatter, then reducing arty range, then adding more shot per barrage.. and so on and so on... I could keep listing this chaos for much longer, but I guess u get my point

Yeah I love that "reworking"...

Isn't this how old games remain popular to this day?

The New BK Champion

Depends on who do you want to appease to as a developer.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Whatever we see as the majority. I’ll add an option for no change for you.

Edit: ooops... apparently changing the poll wipes the poll results. Uhhhhhh revote

The New BK Champion

kwok wrote:Whatever we see as the majority. I’ll add an option for no change for you.

Edit: ooops... apparently changing the poll wipes the poll results. Uhhhhhh revote

I am sorry :/

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

I cannot find the option to vote for the Soviet faction

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Oh exciting news! Can we expect possible thematic shifts for the rest of the doctrines, too?

Black Panther wrote:I cannot find the option to vote for the Soviet faction

Gold xD