Which is better, Falls. or Gebir.?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
winterflaw

Which is better, Falls. or Gebir.?

Post by winterflaw »

Or are the units identical except for weapons?

Warhawks97

Re: Which is better, Falls. or Gebir.?

Post by Warhawks97 »

I prefer gebis in the earlier stages and defense. Its the most solid unit you can get and it has all bonuses right away. The defensive bonus is active right away, for reg 5 first after vet 1 unlock.

So against mixed enemies, with close ranges, lots of movments and vehicles i prefer reg 5.
But generally i first go for gebis and often dont get anything else.

Krad, Gebis, 50 mm/Marder/Hetzer, SD2 minefield spam (i dont use air raids unless my team goes for the "ultimate tank battle" for which case i spare for henschel) and perhaps a locked scout car/20 mm car.... Vampire perhaps as well and you are virtually untouchable unless they bomb the shit out of you with arty spam or massive sherman spam (which still struggle vs hetzer/sd2).

So yeah, gebis is my choice, let alone that G43 is the most brutal rifle in game, they also have them scoped. So you get a rate of fire comparable to Garands, bullet damage that is just insane and an accuracy as good as stormtrooper with K98 or commandos with enfield.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Gebirgs at cover are beastie, it would be also my choice before Fallshirmjager.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

I think I've got the hang of them now.

Geribs for long range (maybe in a trench), Falls for moving about.

Actually, both of them are really no good for me using PE as efficient, effective mobile troops, because neither can repair.

The removal of eng micro by AG being able to repair is a major factor in mobile operations, at least speaking for myself.