Bren Carrier Wasp basically immune to MG42 fire

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
winterflaw

Bren Carrier Wasp basically immune to MG42 fire

Post by winterflaw »

Is this expected?

I thought they'd pretty much go down like a jeep, maybe a but tough but not much more.

I've got one here ATM with a 42 firing at the front and it looks like it's just bouncing off.

I don't know if the normal Bren carriers are as tough as well - anyone?

MenciusMoldbug

Re: Bren Carrier Wasp basically immune to MG42 fire

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

You mean shooting at it with AP rounds on MG42s? Without the AP rounds the MG42 can't kill the bren carrier. I think I know what you mean by just pelleting the guys driving it with bullets and just killing it that way but that's how bren carrier armor works. You can't kill it with the MG's normal fire.

If you mean a bug where MG's with AP rounds loaded should kill a vehicle but don't. I've seen this happen with the Staghound in that MG42 with AP rounds loaded will damage it and rip off 99% of its HP but that last 1% of the HP will not go down at all. So the AP rounds don't actually kill the staghound when they should.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

MenciusMoldbug wrote:You mean shooting at it with AP rounds on MG42s?

No - normal fire. Good call though, I completely forgot about AP rounds (I've never used them in fact!)

Without the AP rounds the MG42 can't kill the bren carrier.

I may be utterly wrong, but that seems amiss to me.

I've seen Bren Carriers.

I've seen MG42s and seen them fire.

I think an MG42 would make swiss cheese out of a Bren Carrier.

As it is, the MG42 is doing pretty much *zero* damage. Even if we say damage is small, it shouldn't be THAT small. A Bren is not a Stuart.

If you mean a bug where MG's with AP rounds loaded should kill a vehicle but don't. I've seen this happen with the Staghound in that MG42 with AP rounds loaded will damage it and rip off 99% of its HP but that last 1% of the HP will not go down at all. So the AP rounds don't actually kill the staghound when they should.

Ah, interesting. I'll know it when I see it, if I see it - have to start trying AP ammo.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Once it got shred by normal bullets but it then failed to have any point of existence. It costs as much as a PE scout car but wouldnt be bulletproof. So what would be the point?

I agree that total bullet resistance is over the top but for its cost.... make it less bullet reistance but then chaper but still better armroed than normal jeeps etc.
Build more AA Walderschmidt