Wierd unit death

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
winterflaw

Wierd unit death

Post by winterflaw »

So I'm playing skirmish, just me and some AI vs AI.

It's a long, big game.

I'm PE, I have a bunch of inf around an ambulance half-track.

The group as a whole are moving.

I'm in a destroyed American base area.

I have a couple of TDs ahead of me, the area has been cleared out for a long time, while I've been in there.

There's an explosion exactly on the half-track and it dies.

No enemy units I can see, no other units nearby are hurt at all.

Any clues?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Wierd unit death

Post by MarKr »

Hard to say without a replay, possibly the AI by some miracle laid a mine there? Do you have a replay?

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

MarKr wrote:Hard to say without a replay, possibly the AI by some miracle laid a mine there? Do you have a replay?

I thought about a mine too, but the units were right next to the corner of a destroyed American HQ building. I don't think the AI ever puts mines there.

A reply, hmm! this was the most recent game I played. I've never used or looked at replays so I have no idea how to use them. I'll see what I can do.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

check my documents/my games/company of heroes relaunch/playback/temp.rec
that's typically the replay of your very last game as long as you didn't play any other game afterwards.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

So, I did have a recording.

However, the game was a couple of hours long, and I would say playback was at 1x - the 2x/4x/8x wasn't happening.

I would have had to have waitied a couple of hours (the incident was near the finish), and it would take a fair bit of work to to turn just that particular few seconds into video.

So I gave up on it.