north america

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Jalis

north america

Post by Jalis »

November 8 Rome/Paris 21h21

Bk multiplayers

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 5993132374

A day like the others, most games are skirmish, but skirmishers are just a bit more numerous than pvp.

November 8 New York/Montreal 21h21

BK multiplayers

A day like the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho

MarKr
Team Member

Re: north america

Post by MarKr »

Point being....?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It is for info.

Europe is the main play zone for BK online. It is about equally divided between skirmishers and pvp.

For solo player I have no evidence but I think it is about equally divided between skirmishers and skirmishers. :lol:

You can find games at north America usual play time, but it is mostly multi-coop skirmish. I think there is simply not enough big pvp population in this area to maintain a viable community.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Jalis wrote:For solo player I have no evidence but I think it is about equally divided between skirmishers and skirmishers. :lol:
Yes, that is probably a save assumption :D

Well, if this meant to be "look, there is more PvE players than PvP so the mod should be PvE oriented" then sorry, I'm not reworking the whole mod at this point. But what I said earlier still applies - if anyone has a good knowledge of programing the AI and wants to put their time into it, they are welcome to do it.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

:D I’ll even throw a cookie to the guy who could do that!

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I sometime feel people inpute me motives that are not mine. I spoke recently with some peoples about bk stat and populations.
Roughly What I can say is BK population have growth on steam this year, accordying steam stats. It is not possible however, from these stat to know who play solo or multi.
For multiplayers games everyone connecting and look for a game at steam know what is the situation. It is about equally shared between pvp and skirmishers.
I made this post in public forum, because here anybody who disagree or could see things under a different light, can add its own comment.

Viper

Post by Viper »

it is true bk mod has growth specifically the past few months.
sometimes when i run the game in the evening during weekends i find too much games listed on the lobby.
even sometimes too many that i need to scroll down to view them all.

but the bk mod stats from steam analytics are completely irrelevant and far from accurate.
because blitzkrieg mod on steam only starts counting when the launcher is open.
but the actual played hours on blitzkrieg mod are included for "company of heroes" and not for blitzkrieg mod on steam.
so the steam stats for bk mod are not relevant.

and you can not compare skirmish vs pvp. because most players play both.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I gave general informations, Seha. I just said bk increased audience since it is on steam. I didnt gave numbers because it is difficult and unacurrate.
Of course if people launch bk modifying coh with - mod blitzkrieg it will not be recorded as bk in steam chart. However it was not the point. Both from my observation and steam chart (even incomplete it give hints) it seems this year bk is on a good way.

seha wrote:and you can not compare skirmish vs pvp. because most players play both.

It makes a difference ? There is not so much difference between people play more x than y and people spend more time to play x than y. Anyway goal is not a confrontation. I mentioned skirmishers because they exist, even about never mentioned in bk forum.

Like said it is just a general view of the situation at time we are close to 1st bk birthday at steam.