Potential lag fix

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Jagdpanther

Potential lag fix

Post by Jagdpanther »

This helped me get smooth 60 fps, the difference between the game without these tweaks and the game with them is night and day for me. Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHrDjGrGiwU

Anyone who wants to try these tips please post your feedback here if they helped or not.

- Set maximum pre rendered frames in nvidia cpanel to 1

- Open xsplit broadcaster while you play the game (just open and add source - game capture, dont record), for some reason it makes my gameplay smoother.

- Overclock your CPU, CoH is CPU intensive

- Dont play vs AI, play PvP, vs AI it lags

- Dont set Shader quality to Ultra, set it to High

Mr. FeministDonut

Re: Potential lag fix

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

I get 60 fps too with those settings, but once I play on maps more large than 2v2 and heavily infested with trees, I get unstable FPS less than 40, making my eyes bleeding, sadly

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Some advices Worth, other far less.

Jagdpanther wrote:- Dont play vs AI, play PvP, vs AI it lags

Dont play games, games are not productive and makes computers lag. Use your computer to work at home instead.
-- Play vs AI is mostly a choice, people who cant play like that at bk would likely play Something else rather than switch to pvp.

Jagdpanther wrote:- Overclock your CPU, CoH is CPU intensive

Overclock offer most time only marginal gain. When you have to spend additional money for more efficient cooling system and memory and buy a motherboard with chipset allowing overclocking, it Simply dont Worth. Buy directly a more powerful cpu.

Other advices seems constructive and worthy.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Dont play games, games are not productive and makes computers lag. Use your computer to work at home instead.
-- Play vs AI is mostly a choice, people who cant play like that at bk would likely play Something else rather than switch to pvp.

For me, comp stomps lag, pvps dont. Simple as that. You do what you want with the information, use it or not.

Overclock offer most time only marginal gain. When you have to spend additional money for more efficient cooling system and memory and buy a motherboard with chipset allowing overclocking, it Simply dont Worth. Buy directly a more powerful cpu.

I overclocked my i5 4690k from 3.5 to 4.5 Ghz and i got a HUGE boost in frame rates, not a marginal one. For BK overclocking is worth it if you have a overclockable CPU of course.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Well for OC forget it. If information is not so usefull because today any people who buy a K do it in order to overclock, the information is not harmful either.

You can add to the list ; disable full screen optimisation in relicCOH.exe propriety. It may solve problems users can have.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Jalis wrote:You can add to the list ; disable full screen optimisation in relicCOH.exe propriety. It may solve problems users can have.

how do you do that?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

It is a trick to fix some problem with win 10. You just have to find RelicCoh.exe in the main game library, then right click on propriety. Here click on compatibility tab. Then click on disable full screen optimisation.
It is specifically for win10.