How to make other mod’s units usebale in BK mod?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
chulefei

How to make other mod’s units usebale in BK mod?

Post by chulefei »

hello~~~
I want to put some new units into BK mod。
I try to put Marder II (EF mod)into BK mod,
and I have put all sbps,ebps, weapon, upgrade, ability etc ......files into BK' attrib.
and also put UI icon Model (data/art/model,data/art/UI/ingame)into BK' file.

It buildable and workable but I got 2 problems:
1.the unit skin seems like not workable, it was transparent(only got 3Dmodel and annimation)
2.the vehicle crew is not visible.
)

How could I do...

thanks.

Jalis

Re: How to make other mod’s units usebale in BK mod?

Post by Jalis »

Unit skin ; look in original place the abp and rgm files. inside you will see all files needed. You probably forgot some that could be in shared texture or elsewhere.

Crews ; crews at defined in the archive ebps. It need in crews_ext, crew model that exist in the target place (bk here).

Just adding one unit need lot of file to scan, verify, edit and modify. You also made no reference to weaponry. Your Marder need weapon than exist at bk. Even here, you are at risk of problem if the job is not well made, like no weapon sound for exemple.

Roughly 3d model and skin usually involve Art file, icone are in artui, vehicle technical is in archive, mostly ebps and sbps, but also weapons and ability, possibly upgrade and slot items. You also need to find a spawner with a free slot.

Last if you want your unit works with AI you will enter the most touchy and dangerous part of the work ; it involve data files. First declare your unit in luaconst.scar then play with AI files. If you are not familiar with that, avoid this section ; unit will work fine for you and be ignored or used with default value by game.

chulefei

Post by chulefei »

Jalis wrote:Unit skin ; look in original place the abp and rgm files. inside you will see all files needed. You probably forgot some that could be in shared texture or elsewhere.

Crews ; crews at defined in the archive ebps. It need in crews_ext, crew model that exist in the target place (bk here).

Just adding one unit need lot of file to scan, verify, edit and modify. You also made no reference to weaponry. Your Marder need weapon than exist at bk. Even here, you are at risk of problem if the job is not well made, like no weapon sound for exemple.

Roughly 3d model and skin usually involve Art file, icone are in artui, vehicle technical is in archive, mostly ebps and sbps, but also weapons and ability, possibly upgrade and slot items. You also need to find a spawner with a free slot.

Last if you want your unit works with AI you will enter the most touchy and dangerous part of the work ; it involve data files. First declare your unit in luaconst.scar then play with AI files. If you are not familiar with that, avoid this section ; unit will work fine for you and be ignored or used with default value by game.

thanks Jalis!
you gave me a really helpful outline for adding unit,I will try it later :P ...

chulefei

Post by chulefei »

Jalis wrote:Unit skin ; look in original place the abp and rgm files. inside you will see all files needed. You probably forgot some that could be in shared texture or elsewhere.

Hello,Jalis。
I have tried by following what you said。
It was workable perfectly!!!!!amazing!!!
Thanks for you help!