FORCE RETREAT

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

FORCE RETREAT

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

So, this ability (used by officers) costs ammunition.. though, it''s quite useless because it can be always countered by "hold position" ability.
When hold position is clicked on the right moment, the soldiers won't retreat...

Therefore, I suggest that the force retreat would cost no ammo (becoming free) but in return longer cool-down time.

Walderschmidt

Re: FORCE RETREAT

Post by Walderschmidt »

I second this.

Or please, for the love of God, try to find a way to fix the hold position force retreat exploit.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Better remove that vanilla crap at all, because when the one man forcing to retreat a squad of skilled stormtroopers/rangers which normally rip that poor guy to shreds, it just one of the silliest moments of the game.
Funny thing, that really strong and fearful command units just don't have that ability.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

To by honest, I don't think this can be fixed, due to how the ability works in the engine. In the doctrinal rework, Force Retreat (including those two abilities in Terror doc) is changed to something completely different.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

MarKr wrote:To by honest, I don't think this can be fixed, due to how the ability works in the engine. In the doctrinal rework, Force Retreat (including those two abilities in Terror doc) is changed to something completely different.

I've had this thought in my head for a while about these retreat abilities, but is it possible to change them into debuffing enemy units instead? In that way, when you pop em on enemy squads, they might as well retreat. Because they become way weaker than they should be thanks to the officer or in the case of terror propaganda/sector propaganda debuffing them.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

to be honest, i'd rather see the opposite. I feel officer abilties would be more fitting if it buffed friendly units. Or at least something like mencius mentioned likened to the blitz stormtrooper officer's "direct fire" ability to an enemy.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.