Mod since 4.8.x unplayable vs. AI!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Darehitorimo

Mod since 4.8.x unplayable vs. AI!

Post by Darehitorimo »

How the title says, the mod is quiet unplayable since the version 4.8 if you play vs. AI!
The AI rushes you down with Wehrmacht. Pz. IV in about 5 minutes and you still need fuel, to upgrade your building for the tank depot, so you can build it.
You have no chance to survive the massive rush of Volksgenadiers, motorcycles, mortar cars (so fucking many of them and they aren't destroyable, because your fucking M18 is shooting 6 times on it and everytime misses it!), Pz. IV in masses. If you were lucky, you survived the first 10 minutes and get rushed by Tiger tanks!

AND! Why the fuck can german mortar cars, mortar squads, anti tank guns, cars and even tanks see my hidden squads, cars and tanks?!
This feature is now fucking useless! And that issue exist since the 4.8 version.

I hate the way this mod is going to, because it was a real good mod in the past. But now you only can play it in pvp mode ... you have no more chance vs. AI!
There aren't enough people to make this mod worth for pvp. I don't see many people playing this mod anymore. And I don't see many players, who are really searching for a good competition, they're only going troll you in pvp games.

Fix this mod!

crimax

Re: Mod since 4.8.x unplayable vs. AI!

Post by crimax »

Hi,
you could simply set the AI level to normal or easy.

Time ago the community of compstompers asked to improve the AI difficult level because it was too much easy.

I generally like new AI, it is absolutely not a "real" AI but it is more hard to counter than the past.

Try playing vs normal or easy.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

How the title says, the mod is quiet unplayable since the version 4.8 if you play vs. AI!

As it was mentioned many times before - Blitzkrieg is focused on PvP. That means that AI balance is not priority.

As Crymax said - why don't you play against normal or easy AI? On easy AI has the normal (or maybe slight buff) resources. With each difficulty level the AI gets stronger boost - no wonder that AI fields P IVs after 5 minutes...

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Darehitorimo wrote:How the title says, the mod is quiet unplayable since the version 4.8 if you play vs. AI!
The AI rushes you down with Wehrmacht. Pz. IV in about 5 minutes and you still need fuel, to upgrade your building for the tank depot, so you can build it.
You have no chance to survive the massive rush of Volksgenadiers, motorcycles, mortar cars (so fucking many of them and they aren't destroyable, because your fucking M18 is shooting 6 times on it and everytime misses it!), Pz. IV in masses. If you were lucky, you survived the first 10 minutes and get rushed by Tiger tanks!

AND! Why the fuck can german mortar cars, mortar squads, anti tank guns, cars and even tanks see my hidden squads, cars and tanks?!
This feature is now fucking useless! And that issue exist since the 4.8 version.

I hate the way this mod is going to, because it was a real good mod in the past. But now you only can play it in pvp mode ... you have no more chance vs. AI!
There aren't enough people to make this mod worth for pvp. I don't see many people playing this mod anymore. And I don't see many players, who are really searching for a good competition, they're only going troll you in pvp games.

Fix this mod!

Like others said, try to play on easy/normal.
However, I am pretty sure things you describe were not changed in 4.8 and hidden squads are seen by AI since like... the beginning? You can even check, that there are only CW related changes in BKCMP + 4.8 versions.
While it is PvP focused, it can still be played against AI well, I generally see many people playing it, even against hard/experts, so maybe change your strategy a bit, to be more competitive.

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

No, you're just bad.

I can 1v1 Hard/Expert comps and win consistently. In 3human vs 3comp games it's usually easy to win (assuming everyone does their part). Comps can rush but are incompetent at attacking well defended positions, and that's been the case since vanilla. Also, I've personally noticed that comps have begun to use their doctrine abilities more with each update.

Actually, I prefer comp stomp to PvP, as it is hard to find people that cooperate. Going against a good human team is infinitely more difficult than going against extreme comps.

saam

Post by saam »

Blitzkrieg Mod's AI has always been unplayable, if you ask me. Apparently, improving the AI and adjusting it to the mod's conditions have never been the priority of the mod makers. This mod is amazing, but sadly for PvP only.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

One thing that should be said... its not exactly because of we don't or did not want to, but its very hard and there are not really any good tools to "tweak" ai. Also I have read that Relic f+ked up something in 2.63 or 2.70 which made AI even worse.

I am glad that I somewhat fixed CW trucks tbh.
It is also possible that many game "lags" in compstomps are due to AI, but I am honestly not sure how to check it, or what to do with it... I probably could make AI act more "stupid" and thus reducing lags, but I am not even sure about that. This is definitely one of the things where we would appreciate some help, but it has to have visible impact.

saam

Post by saam »

Wolf wrote:This is definitely one of the things where we would appreciate some help, but it has to have visible impact.

There are two mods of CoH that I play: Eastern Front and Blitzkrieg. The EF's AI is amazing, a pure pleasure to play against. AI is "trained" to man empty cannons and mortars, retreat if threatened (snipers, mortar crews, low-HP squads). It properly utilizes the role of a unit (mostly).
My everyday sorrow is that I cannot combine the awesomeness of Blitzkrieg and the smartness of EF's AI.
Maybe someone could find a way to implement AI from Eastern Front into Blitzkrieg? That would probably make Blitzkrieg the Most Perfect Mod Ever.