Need help tweaking this mod

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Pondera

Need help tweaking this mod

Post by Pondera »

I'll be perfectly honest. I am NOT good at this kind of game, but I enjoy it greatly. I can beat normal, but with hard mode, it's pretty much impossible. I've been poking around with Corsix mod studio on this mod, trying to increase manpower generation, but I can't change a single thing about this mod.

Quite literally, all I want to do is change manpower generation rates without touching anything else. Just the amount generated by your HQ building, but everytime I try to do so, Corsix can't save over it, I get an error message, and it sometimes crashes.

So....would there be any way that some one could help me out on this?

Wake

Re: Need help tweaking this mod

Post by Wake »

Play PVP, the mod wasn't designed with comp stomping in mind.

Note that when you play against a hard or expert CPU, it doesn't make them "better", it just gives them more resources. A LOT more resources than you. The CPU can tech up faster than a player ever could. It also spams many many units.

There is only 1 formula for defeating hard and expert bots: Make defensive positions, defend against the enemy onslaught, and call in heavy tanks to breakthrough to their base. Most people usually play on river maps because you can funnel the CPU into bridges. Build trenches or bunkers and always have anti-tank.

Pondera

Post by Pondera »

I'm well aware of that, but I can't find many games playing against another person, nor do I have any real interest in doing so. I'm just wanting to dabble in tweaking this mod's files in such a way that it is more fun for ME personally.

Way I figure it, even if I got mobbed by enemy panzers, if I had a higher manpower income, I would at the very least have a foot zerg to fall back on. Would you happen to know how to do that?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The way of how Corsix works are quite complex...I'll write you a PM in order not to spamm here tens of posts :)

Wake

Post by Wake »

On a similar note, does anyone know if there is a trainer for CoH that works with BK mod? The ones that give you a +999999 resource income and instant unit build time, stuff like that.

Pondera

Post by Pondera »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWP2n2tXqA I personally use this one. It does all the things you mentioned, but I don't like doing that kind of thing since it makes a whole bunch of things like the supply yard and its upgrades pointless. You already have an unlimited amount of resources, so discounts really don't matter.

In other news, I've been trying to follow MarKr's instructions, and have gone from ONE delightful immediate crash to desktop to... a fatal AI error - execution paused crash. I can't even see if my changes are carrying over.

So help me, if I EVER find out who made the decision to make CoH THIS hard to mod, I'm going to kick him in the gnads until the threat of him carrying his genes into the next generation is eliminated.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I dont know if this will help, but I had quite a bit of trouble getting up to speed with all the new features, units, and tree system. I ended up youtubing how to build a map and built myself a map that allowed for high resource count and only 1 way in. I was able to get a handle on all the different units and how they might be best applied generally. Ive since built progressively harder maps, but nothing real world looking, more function over fashion. This method might help the issues you are having without having to recode.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

If I were to be able to tweak one thing, it would be no mortars/snipers for Infantry only, that's what I have always wanted. :D
As PVP Infantry matches always turn into mortar/snipers fests which gets frustrating.

But from what I have heard, trying to edit this mod would not be a good idea.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I wouldnt mind seeing a no medium/Heavy armor game, just infantry and light vehicles