Crapy wrong values of armour thickness!!!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

Crapy wrong values of armour thickness!!!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

How come the Pz4 J or H sometimes be able to greatly bounce high numbers of the 76mm gun shells even more than the Tiger tank is itself able as it sometimes greatly fails???!!! I have noticed that a lot of times. However that still I surely can't deny that I saw different Tiger tanks several times bounce off many 76mm and even rarely few 17P or 90mm shells.

But also on the other hand... How come the Jumbo be able to greatly bounce off even more than 2 or 3 shots of the Tiger's 88mm gun armor piercing rounds???!!! This is false. Tigers were able to knock out Shermans from a distance even further than 1 km.
I even almost never saw a Pershing bounce off my Tiger's 88mm gun!! WHY??!! Do u guys know that the Pershing tank actually should be able to sometimes bounce off the KT's shots??!!

@Wolf; The Churchill is only slightly better. I saw it one time bounces off my Tiger's 88mm gun but still dies fast... It should be able to keep bouncing my 88mm gun for too long when I hit from the front!

Idk what's wrong with Relic servers but I had a very disturbing game where the Jumbo was OP bouncing off my Tiger's 88mm gun with armor piercing rounds loaded when the Tiger Ace actually couldn't penetrate back the Jumbo even at a long range!!! I still don't understand, how come the Allies can have such a very good tank that is available too early even sometimes before my Panzer4 while it has such wrong unrealistic armor values that makes it OP against even my late 1750MP Vet1 unit!!!
While the Jumbo costs only 800MP, with a ridiculous command car it's up to kill even 2 Tigers and u also have to keep in mind that it comes early and so it will be having at least one or 2 veterancy points before the Tiger is yet even there!!! Why even being later in need for getting the SP or PAce then??!! The Jumbo even historically can't appear or be available before a KT!!!

There must be a solution to fix this mess by finding another way of balance. This tank should cost more... Or maybe another suggestion which is to make Pershing tanks stronger on frontal armor while to make Jumbos weaker but unlimited; more than one available at a time I mean! Many players are getting pissed out of it really. Weak the Jumbos and the Pz4 Js or Hs, they are much stronger than in reality! I guess I do have a point. This game in fact should have no SP but stronger Pershings!!!

One more thing off topic, guys; Is there is something called 'unit hack' ?! My single units were been ordered by 2 players including me of course. My units moved when I didn't ask.. For example each time I send my Tiger to fight the Pershing.. it suddenly returns back with an obvious another order... Also same way was with several different units while all the players were shocked except one at our enemy team who never answered us neither them during a 3v3 game on Wolfheze!! All fixed and went fine when he left.

Wolf, u really should very carefully listen to what I am saying of suggestions about this and "Ace units".

Wake

Re: Crapy wrong values of armour thickness!!!

Post by Wake »

Well Tiger you do have a point, but taking everything into account, the Jumbo is balanced right now even if it isn't "realistic".

It's true, a panzershreck AT squad has a better chance of killing a Jumbo than a tiger ace does. That shouldn't be how it is, but in the game it works that way. A Panzer IV H or J is also more deadly to a Jumbo than a tiger ace.

The thing about Pershings is that they are honestly very bad tanks. They cost 830 MP/160 Fuel and require a TON of research to get, and are easily eaten up by panzershrecks and by the time they come out, many axis tanks can destroy them in a single shot. A Jumbo is a much much better investment. Pershing's are really only good at fighting heavy axis tanks, as they cannot kill infantry, and will not bounce a panzershreck while a Jumbo can. The super pershing isn't much better. I actually don't panic if I see an enemy super pershing unless I have tanks, because I know how easy it is to destroy it with just panzerschrecks.

As for the "unit hack", it happens when the original host of the game leaves, and then something messes up with the game and then a fake AI is created that controls your units, as if you had left and were replaced by a bot, even though you are still there.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I am confused. Sometimes during some battles, I feel my Tigers are like to be just OP! While other times during other battles I just feel they are absolutely nothing but papers against Jumbo!

Everyone MUST look and check the playback file which I just posted on this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=216

Was it just because I was too angry and took it so serious cause of my last shocking defeat with Tigers (((Which is something rarely happens with me, I mean; Tigers rarely disappointed me on this game honestly))) few hours ago on the same map when the Jumbo smashed my Tigers?! I mean... Was it just because I was too good?! LOL! Or it's about luck?! Idk.

mg42slo

Post by mg42slo »

Wake wrote:Well Tiger you do have a point, but taking everything into account, the Jumbo is balanced right now even if it isn't "realistic".

It's true, a panzershreck AT squad has a better chance of killing a Jumbo than a tiger ace does. That shouldn't be how it is, but in the game it works that way. A Panzer IV H or J is also more deadly to a Jumbo than a tiger ace.

At squads aren't that good against jumbos, the perfect counter is a pak40 in camo, takes 2 shots at most:D. Otherwise pz4 without some vet and tc aren't a decent counter aether, or you need 2... Havent had problem aganst it with tigers unless in close quarters. The only problem i personally have with jumbo is against panther, it shouldn't be able to pen it more often then vice versa since a panther costs much more.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I am confused. Sometimes during some battles, I feel my Tigers are like to be just OP! While other times during other battles I just feel they are absolutely nothing but papers against Jumbo!

This is because of the "random factor" that the game uses. You see, every weapon has some chance to hit a target (Tigers have very good chance at all distances compared to other tanks), when you hit the target, you have a chance to penetrate. I don't know the stats from my head but again Tigers have quite good penetration chance against most targets. With each hit the game calculates the penetration chance and with very bad luck you can get bounce-off several times in a row.

The thing is that with some cheap units like AT HTs, players know that they bounce off often and when that happens they are like "Well...shitty unit, what else to expect?" and forget about it and don't complain, but with Tigers everybody expects a unit that chews everything for breakfast and when it bounces-off (or god forbid if that happens consecutively) everyone is like "WTF??? that could never happen!! What a bullshit!!" and start to complain here.
This happens for every unit but quite naturaly people remember it better when that happens to expensive units because they expect top-notch performance. The only way to prevent this would be setting it 100% penetration and then people would complain how OP it is.

Yummy

Post by Yummy »

We all know that Jumbo is broken :P.

Eselschreck

Post by Eselschreck »

Tanks for the most part are well-balanced at the moment. It doesn't matter if they aren't 'realistic' as long as the balance is good - thus leading to better gameplay. I think thatt he Jumbo is balanced at the moment. It is slow and very vulnerable to AT guns and inf AT. I've even seen Pumas give Jumbos are good fight with their small 50mm guns but fast speed.

I'd say there are a few tanks which aren't balanced: the Pershing and "Super Pershing" being good examples of very costly tanks with poor/average performance (in comparison to other tanks of similar cost).

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Yes and sometimes a Flak level 2 does no damage at all against a jumbo in mid-long distance... This random factor (thanks for the explanation) is a little annoying...