So Tiger, what exactely are you after? You first name this topic "New unit" then you say that it is not about Marine Commandos, it is actually not even about CW but about Panzerschreck disabling crawl while other hand held AT don't and call for some unification:
Tiger1996 wrote:You say that StormTroops have different purpose than infiltration Rangers or Marine Commandos, therefore they aren't supposed to crawl with a handheld AT weapon... Right? Well, take this question;
Why are Storms allowed to crawl with a Bazooka, a PIAT or RL when they pick it up from the ground??!!
See?? They only can't crawl exclusively with the Shreck.
Why don't you just unify the whole thing, with a solid principle that applies to everyone?!
So I said we'll unify it:
OK, we'll unify it...Storms will be not able to crawl with any AT while Infiltration Rangers and Marine Commandos will be able to crawl with any AT.
This would clearly be a unified system but you are unhappy again...so the real thing is not to get some general unification but it is more about to get the unification that YOU like...well...though luck, man.
Tiger1996 wrote:It's unfair because this way Shrecks are behaving differently to all other handheld AT weapons for no real reason.
MarKr wrote:- Rifles with one BAR can use suppress button BUT 101st need two BARs to use that
- Most engineer units need upgrade to use demo charges but there is iirc some special squad which does not need upgrade to use demo charge
- Vehicles with HE mode need to purchase upgrade to use the mode - Cromwells and 37mm WM Halftrack do not need that
- Better weapons for infantry, in general, need to be bought via upgrades, Reg5 and Gebirgs come with best weapons in the game as default
- All "multipurpose" mines cost the same in the game, but CW Hawkins is cheaper
- All factions have static bases but CW hase mobile base
- All factions (not counting doctrines) have one infantry commanding unit, CW has LT and Captain and on top of that CW can have 3 LTs at the same time
- BAR suppression is unfair because it gives the ability to Riflemen after one upgrade but to 101st only after 2 upgrades and the most unfairest thing is that when anyone else picks it up, they don't get suppression ability at all!!! Unfair, BARs behave differently based on unit for no reason!
- Demo ability is unfair because US/WM engineers need to spend ammo on upgrade but Luft Pios have it from start without upgrade! Unfair, Luft pios behave differently from other engineer units in the game for no reason.
- HE on Cromwel and WM is unfair because others need to pay high ammo cost for upgrade that allows to use HE! For no reason.
- For no reason Luft infantry comes with best weapons without need for upgrade, unfair!
- Generally speaking, weapons obtained by upgrade can be dropped any picked up again (LMGs, MP40, MP44/ Thompsons etc.) but this does not apply to G43, Grease guns and flamethowers...unfair for no reason!
etc...In principle Schrecks are the same thing as the above mentioned - an exception from a rule and still here in these cases is the "unfair for no reason" somehow justifyable for you but only in case of Schrecks it is not.