SE sector mortar ability

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
sgtToni95

SE sector mortar ability

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi all,

I don't really know this ability very well, but I was recently playing against a SE doctrine and it was active on one of my territories.

I didn't notice exactly but i think that ability was activated a few seconds before i captured that sector.

I always thought this ability was meant to defend a territory, so when i saw it being used on a terrotory owned by SE user's faction that seemed pretty normal. I sometimes saw it being active on neutral sectors, but i always thought that was due to the fact it had been neutralized after the ability activation, still pretty normal since the territory still had the purpose of being defended by his last owner.
When i saw it being used on a sector being captured and then remaining active on an enemy territory seemed to me little weird since the defensive purpose is, in my opinion, missing in this case.

(not so good example, i know not all the things are meant to work the same, expecially such different things) CW captain is meant to provide defensive bonuses to units, and it is sector related, tho it only works on owned territory and it stops on a newly neutralized or captured by enemies territory.

20170604152153_1.jpg

What i'd like to know is what the purpose of this ability is, and how it works (territories on which it can be used, cooldown, duration).

Thanks in advance ;)

MarKr
Team Member

Re: SE sector mortar ability

Post by MarKr »

This ability can be activated in any sector that is NOT owned by enemy but also cannto be activated in an HQ sector - which is the starting sector and and CW I think it is any sector where the main HQ truck is parked.

The ability sends quickly and (rather) accurately artyllery shells on enemy units in given sector but the units must NOT be in FoW - so if you use it on your or neutral sector where you have no vision, units will not be attacked.

The purpose is (I guess) sector denial for given period of time (130 seconds).

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Isn't it weird to deny your opponent to step on his own territory with such an ability? I know normal arty can do that all the time, but this aimed "protection" on enemy terrotory (and for a rather long time) seems quite weird.

But if nobody else finds it weird i'll just let it go, thanks for infos :)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Back then you could put sector arty on enemy territory. it got removed a few Patches ago,as Markr wrote only on neutral/axis sector's can you call it on. He put it on neutral sector maybe 3 seconds before you captured the territory mean's after that he won't call it on that again.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

sgtToni95 wrote:Isn't it weird to deny your opponent to step on his own territory with such an ability? I know normal arty can do that all the time, but this aimed "protection" on enemy terrotory (and for a rather long time) seems quite weird.

MarKr wrote:This ability can be activated in any sector that is NOT owned by enemy but also cannto be activated in an HQ sector...
It should not be usable in enemy territory...I am not sure what happens when you use it on neutral territory and after that opponent captures it - it will either continue shooting for the rest of those 130 seconds OR will cancel but I have not tested this.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

MarKr wrote:
sgtToni95 wrote:Isn't it weird to deny your opponent to step on his own territory with such an ability? I know normal arty can do that all the time, but this aimed "protection" on enemy terrotory (and for a rather long time) seems quite weird.

MarKr wrote:This ability can be activated in any sector that is NOT owned by enemy but also cannto be activated in an HQ sector...
It should not be usable in enemy territory...I am not sure what happens when you use it on neutral territory and after that opponent captures it - it will either continue shooting for the rest of those 130 seconds OR will cancel but I have not tested this.
It continues
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable