WSC upgrades

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Warhawks97

WSC upgrades

Post by Warhawks97 »

Its a short topic and only a question:

Why do i need upgrade for sticky bombs?
Why do i need upgrade for smoke screen for shermans?

some short facts:

In vcoh Sticky dealed always crit and were essential for US. PE at grenades did need an unlock first as well.

smoke screen was special in vcoh, saved a live of a Tank worth 420/90 and allowed huge tactical use. In BK other tanks have smoke as well (Panther, JP, Tiger, JT,KT and maybe even firefly). But only US still need to unlock it first.

So just why those extra unlocks which all other have simply by default now?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: WSC upgrades

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I think because with smoke simple m4 with 76mm have not bad chances against panther.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

smoke reduces incoming accuracy but also own accuracy. Booth within a radius where the smoke got activated. It helps to get a bit closer to axis tanks but still. Pretty often every second shot is a hit anyway (gunsights of most axis tanks almost nullify the effectivness). Also others like tiger pay less to activate it and Jagdpanther has smoke screen for free.

Also in vcoh it was unique, now many other tanks can use smoke, even into certain directions and the CW command tank creates even a smoke line. I just dont see the reason for that upgrade. Also in vcoh a sherman that used smoke could cover a group of fragile M10 Tankbusters driving through that smoke to go into flanking positions. Such styles and tactics are simply not common BK tactic.

And about sticky they have much larger impact on the game (in vcoh maybe most important allied anti tank weapon) and AT nades are no also by default so i dont see a reason for unlocking socks which every soldier has.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I agree with stickies, but Jumbo wich comes very early and with basic smoke will leave no chances to any axis middle vehicles at all.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I agree with stickies, but Jumbo wich comes very early and with basic smoke will leave no chances to any axis middle vehicles at all.

ok so all docs and other tanks do suffer because of the single call in jumbo?... maybe make it come later and supply yard required. Right now the Jumbo is earlier available than 76 currently which need supply yard. The MP cost for smoke and supply yard are the same (would balance the mp cost).