BRITISH PARATROOPERS 17pdr EMPLACEMENT

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Katterman

BRITISH PARATROOPERS 17pdr EMPLACEMENT

Post by Katterman »

Attention BK-Team!
I have been playing the BK-Mod for a very long time. My army of choice is the British where I always use the RAF doctrine. Let me assure you I know my paratroopers well.

So, I'm going to cut the long story short. Even though the doctrine lucks some substantial firepower in the form of artillery and tanks I was always able to manage. Entrenchment tactics are vital for my paratroopers and one of the most important weapons to achieve this has been removed.

I'm talking about the 17pdr emplacement. Whose great idea was this to leave the British Paratroopers naked?

Please bring it back as soon as possible with a short patch.

JimQwilleran

Re: BRITISH PARATROOPERS 17pdr EMPLACEMENT

Post by JimQwilleran »

You still have Achilles, Firefly and towed version of the gun. Emplacement was removed probably because RAF already has other decent offensive AT weapons like AT rocket run, commando piats, SAS upgraded bazooka and gammon bombs. This doc is not meant to camp or build walls of emplacements.

Watman

Post by Watman »

@JimQwilleran: You forgot to mention you can give your SAS 4-5 bazookas + rocket strike.

Everything the SAS/Firefly can't kill can be taken care of with a rocket strike.

PS: i prefer ambushed 17pdr anyway, which are available as RAF.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Watman wrote:@JimQwilleran: You forgot to mention you can give your SAS 4-5 bazookas + rocket strike.

Everything the SAS/Firefly can't kill can be taken care of with a rocket strike.

PS: i prefer ambushed 17pdr anyway, which are available as RAF.

I haven't forgotten the airstrike, read again ;). You can give many various weapons to both sas and sten commandos cause they have many weapon slots. And thank god, cause that makes them useful in early game before cp upgrades.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The British Airborne is a highly mobile force, they have already great Anti tank capabilities and really don't need 17 pounders emplacements, sorry but this won't happend, welcome to bk btw ;)