Stealing our Steam videos!

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Krieger Blitzer

Stealing our Steam videos!

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

So anyone who visits the BK Greenlight page in order to vote, must see 3 videos there...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =907578213
One of them belongs to me.. which is this one:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqdhV44c8EQ

But yesterday, i was randomly looking up YouTube videos.. and then I quickly found out that my video was actually copied and used by this guy called DT Gaming.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0bLVZ ... -gZKU1XBvA

He literally used my video without my permission.. and I have no idea who he is. So I quickly reported the video and shortly after that, it was taken down! Here is the URL of the removed video:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAXyXo2ulcA

But i also managed to take some screen-shots.. even though the following screen-shot was actually taken after the video was removed... The video was removed too soon so i couldn't take a "live" screen-shot of the actual video unfortunately. But luckily it kept appearing on the search feed for a while even after being removed! Now it surely doesn't appear on the search anymore though.
About 1500 views, also had 17 likes and 3 dislikes.
About 1500 views, also had 17 likes and 3 dislikes.

The video was uploaded on 9th of May, he used one of the Airborne cut-scenes as a thumbnail of his video.

Few hours later, I discovered a new copy! Also uploaded on 9th of May!!! By a different user this time.. although I think he is actually the same guy... Perhaps just a smaller channel of his own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDa2S49v5cQ
But only 10 views this time. Doesn't matter though, it's still considered stealing for sure.
However, I managed to take some "live" screen-shots this time! in case the video is removed 8-)
Video copied frame by frame! Literally.
Video copied frame by frame! Literally.

Just "kindly" asking him to delete it for now.
Just "kindly" asking him to delete it for now.

This copy of the video is still running while I am typing this post at the moment, but i will report it sooner or later.. so it might be removed anytime.

We should really keep an eye on those guys, who knows.. maybe soon they would use the other 2 videos by Panzerblitz1 and Leonida[525] from the Greenlight page as well. But I can't keep tracking them alone, I have college exams :/

123nick

Re: Stealing our Steam videos!

Post by 123nick »

well that aint good :/

Krieger Blitzer

Yup, but I actually have all kind of weapons at my disposal :P Maybe excepting free time specifically during the next days...
But I can still track and disable such people.. it's only a matter of time.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

I thought those guys were promoting Blitzkrieg with it, but if you didn't gave your permission, its indeed weird.

Krieger Blitzer

Currently i only work or collaborate with people like Leonida[525], the Wikinger mod channel, and Matt the Dane [Mthis] who is a hardcore Spearhead mod player.. he used to play BK long time ago. But he didn't play it since 2013. However, he says he will consider playing again when BK is available on Steam! :)

Other than those i've mentioned above, i don't really collaborate with anyone else.
Even though i would have probably not reported these guys if they had written the credits rightfully enough... But they didn't mention anything about me in their video description or link to the original video of mine.. they used it like if it was their own work. Which is kinda weird of course!

But i don't really think that they are trying to provoke me in person or that i am targeted by them at all. As i have seen others also copying or sharing video trailers belonging to other games without permission, such as War Thunder teaser trailers for example... But big companies like Gaijin had always kept tracking and eliminating most of them.. although there might be some exceptions.

So, right now i have managed to report the 2nd copy of the video as well by the other guy called "Pan Games" and now it's actually removed.. so the video doesn't run anymore at the moment.

If they do it again, i would actually have the right to request for completely terminating their channels.. but i don't think i would ever do that... Even if they did it again, because i don't really want to spread hate, it's never my intentions.

Downard

Post by Downard »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:I thought those guys were promoting Blitzkrieg with it, but if you didn't gave your permission, its indeed weird.

I wonder how they get away with it.