How to disable the zoom out

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Guilherme01SS

How to disable the zoom out

Post by Guilherme01SS »

I know a lot a people love zoom out, but I hate it, it makes the textures blurry and everything ugly, when I play COH i like to see the destruction of war, and that kind of gets on the way, If theres any way of disable the zoom out please let me know.

Sorry for my bad English, Im from Brazil

Krieger Blitzer

Re: How to disable the zoom out

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hey!
So far textures shouldn't be blurry at all if you have your "Model Detail" option set to a maximum value, but if you don't like the zoom out.. you could then just zoom in your camera a little bit by scrolling with your mouse.

Guilherme01SS

Post by Guilherme01SS »

Thats what I do, I just zoom in a little bit, but I yesterday I played EAW and OMG the camera felt so good (you can zoom out but the default is the normal COH camera) anyway is there anyway i can reset the camera, like editing some files or something?

thanks for the reply in such fast time btw.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yes it's possible to edit your camera zoom with Corsix MOD Studio I believe, but then you might not be online compatible with other players anymore... However; setting the default camera to be a bit closer to the ground with the possibility to zoom out further.. doesn't seem like a bad idea to be honest! :) Though I would say that it's definitely not anything significant either.

Guilherme01SS

Post by Guilherme01SS »

thank you tiger, Im probably going to keep playing with the zoom out anyway, if Im going to lose the ability to play online, its not even worth it, but thank you for your time and all

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I think Tiger is right about online compatibility. It is possible to use different textures and keep compatible (viz. D-day mod) but changing zoom level messes with actual game files and that would cause problems. So your only option is to keep the zoom closer manually I guess :/.

Dr Gun

Post by Dr Gun »

Considering the increased range of all weapons in the game, it would definitely become more of a hassle than it needs to be play blitz in the default zoom, but I know what you mean about the textures becoming worse.