kwok
Team Member

Caen Campaign

Post by kwok »

4v4 caen campaign.jpg

4v4 to 6v6 Blitz of Caen

Starting Conditions
How to read:
Map (Max occupancy per team): Allied Score - Axis Score / Score Cap, starting owning team

Caen (3) : 0 - 300 / 600VP, Axis start owning
Road to Caen (2): 0 - 0 / 400VP
Redball Express (3): 0 - 200 / 400VP, Axis start owning
N13 (3): 0 - 0 / 300VP
Cariquet (1): 0 - 50 / 50VP, Axis start owning
Alsace Moselle (2): 0 - 0 / 100VP
Hill 112 (3): 0 - 0 / 100VP
Etavaux (2): 0 - 0 / 200VP
Axis can deploy on any of the critical locations on the map. Allies can only deploy on the Allied square.

Objectives:
Allies must hold N13, Redball Express, and Caen before turn 10
Axis must hold Caen on turn 10

Special Map Rules:

Cariquet - Airborne, RAF, and Luft docs cannot be on Caen if the team does not control Cariquet
Hill 112 - The team that controls Hill 112 automatically has a permanent 100VP influence on Alsace Moselle and Etavaux and 50VP for Cariquet. This permanent VP is lost when the Hill trades holding
Redball Express, Road to Caen - Armor and RE doctrines cannot occupy Caen unless Allies control both these locations
Redball Express, Road to Caen, Cariquet, Etavaux - Each team gets permanent 50VP for each of these critical locations controlled. This permanent VP is lost when a location is lost.

Battle Conditions:
1000 VP
High Resources
Fixed Positions

Other rules:
Every game will have a game code provided by the game master. At the beginning of every game, at least one player from each side of the game must type into all chat the game code to verify that game is to be used for the campaign.
If a player has crashed within 25 minutes of a game starting, any player in the game can call for a rematch and the outcome of that game is nulled to be played again. If the game has lasted for more than 25 minutes, the game continues until it has ended either by victory or other game crash/limitations in which any player has the option to submit the replay to take the final VP outcome of the game as result. Replays are submitted to bknoobcamp@gmail.com with the game code as a subject line.
Desyncs should be submitted and will be arbitrated as I will investigate the point of the desync and make a decision from there.

If games are not played, the game will be objectively arbitrated with decisions and penalties decided by me based on secret karma points that I keep track of privately.

RULES
-Each player will play as 1 company/doctrine choice
-Each player would occupy a location slot in any critical location on the greater map
-Every turn, each player can take an action on the greater map. Actions include: Move, Attack, Support.
ACTIONS: Move/Attack - shift a player's location from one to an adjacent connecting location. If that move will bring the player to a location controlled by the opposing force, it is considered an attack and will trigger a battle on the turn if an opposing player also occupies the same space.
Support - If a player is occupying a friendly controlled space and there are no enemies occupying the location, then the friendly VP for the location gets set to the max amount for that space. The player does not move that turn.
-When players of opposing teams occupy location slots on the same critical location, it would trigger a battle that will be scheduled by the game master
-Each battle will be a VP game with the final score outcome (remaining VP points) impacting the critical location on the greater map
-Each critical location on the greater map will have a quantifier on team influence. When team influence tips overly to favor one side, that side wins the location
-When a location is won, the players on the losing team will move off to an adjacent friendly space and lose their ability to do an action on the next turn. If the player cannot move off to an adjacent friendly space, then they are eliminated from the game/map

Control Calculations:
After every battle, the final VP score is recorded. The remaining VP points from the battle for BOTH Axis and Allies gets summed and then subtracted from the losing team's VP points on the greater battle map. The remaining VP points from the battle are then added to the winning team's VP points on the greater battle map. When one team's VP points on a location exceed the other team's, control is given to the higher point team and the lower point team must evacuate the location. If by the end of the calculation the VP points is below awarded permanent VP points gained from special rules, then the team's VP score on the location is set to the sum of all permanent points awarded for the location.

TURN SCHEDULE
Every 0:00 UTC on Fridays and Tuesdays will be a new turn. Turn actions for the next turn are due by force commanders (or other designated commanders) by 20:00 Thursdays and Mondays for actions to take place.
Last edited by kwok on 21 Mar 2017, 20:55, edited 4 times in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Caen Campaign

Post by kwok »

Players confirmed:
JimQwilleran
Redgaarden
DolphinsAreGaySharks
Panzer-Lehr-Division

Players who said "interested":
Henny
sgtToni
Tiger1996
Sukin-kot
GrayWolf

Anyone who joins late can be added as "reinforcements".
Last edited by kwok on 05 Mar 2017, 01:28, edited 3 times in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Possible teams so far
Allies:
JimQwilleran
Redgaarden
DolphinsAreGaySharks

Axis
Sukin-kot
Tiger1996
Panzer-Lehr-Division

No one else really made any indication of which side they want.
We can always start with these teams first and have people flow into the map. Let me know what you guys want to do.
Last edited by kwok on 04 Mar 2017, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Hello kwok, so I you know i am interested also i want to be in now. my faction would be axis/pe doctrine i would write you privat on forum if you agree ?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Also i want to add sorry for Double postIng it's Lil bit out of topic but perhaps before this campaign Starts someone can look and work on the map "caen" the map has mine's by default belong to allies and i hear alot of time's people get crushed out when playing this map?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

that's cool. i only asked people to private message me so i dont "lose" their post in the forum. easier to keep track of. also, in case people feel pressured to go one faction and not the other, i think everyone should have the right to play what they want without pressure.

I also won't announce the docs, so tell me in private. This is so even the campaign map will have "FOG OF WAR". itll be cool.

xGrayWolf

Post by xGrayWolf »

If there's any team that needs to be filled I'm in. Some people might know me from game as "GrayWolf"

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I can play any side

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I'm in on allies side. Maybe we could first create teams and then decide docs together to make sure to have all of them/not to have too many of the same?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hey Sukin, based on your post about being the fuhrer himself, I assumed axis.

Looks like we got at least a 4v3 going. Maybe we can get some side private forums going to handle comms. I'll figure something out tomorrow.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

i've created 2 steam groups:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/caen_campaign_allies
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/caen_campaign_axis

Let's start talking through there. And I will post updates to the forum as a "news" from the game.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Could I get invite for allied faction?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So.... 5 Allied members have assembled. Only 1 Axis has joined the group. Axis needs some recruiting otherwise Caen will fall really fast lol.

crimax

Post by crimax »

This is a nice idea I could be interested.
I can play any faction.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

So, Red really left me alone :( My all time *beloved* team-mate leaves me alone this time :evil: in remembrance of our old, but also good times together through the Afrika tour. See you soon on the battlefield then! RED 8-)
(Red = Traitor :D)

I invited Lehr, Andrusha, and maybe Sukin could join us. I can see Crimax in the Axis team right now too!

Let's see if I can get Mr.Nobody in there as well... I am watching his YouTube live stream at the moment.. he is playing BK now. But he can't even read my comments in English properly :lol: I will try to explain for him though :P

Dumb question; but btw... Which team are u going to play, Kwok?
Let me guess, with Shadow as Allies?!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Probably won't play unfortunately, unless I come in as "reinforcements" in the later game. I'm really busy and don't get to play on the same timezone as you all. But, at the moment it looks like I"ll be playing axis reserve forces haha.

EDIT: I can't play otherwise it'd be cheating cuz i will be administrating and can see all. But I'm hoping if this format works, someone else can be game master next time and I can play.
Last edited by kwok on 08 Mar 2017, 08:32, edited 2 times in total.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

07 MAR UPDATE:
Looks like we have 6 Allies vs 5 Axis. We can start this game if Axis is okay with the imbalance. If we get some force commanders elected by Thursday, we can play out our first turn starting Friday.

Also, rules updated above with some more details about player actions and battle/in-game logistics.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

14 MAR UPDATE:
People keep asking me "When is the campaign starting? Why has it not started yet?"
Because only 4/11 of you have said what docs you wanted. Literally can't start if no one participates.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

15 MAR UPDATE:
Allies are ready and good to go. Axis, it's on you to begin now.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Hello, I will join as axis to even the number of people on the teams :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

17 MAR UPDATE:
Axis has a 6th player, but still not a filled doctrine roster. Will be posting map for Axis players to set their starting positions soon. But at this rate, it seems like Allies already won Caen...

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I will go SE

Henny

Post by Henny »

I can play axis PE any doc
Dankman is a good guy

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Booo axis losers, almost 2 weeks have passed already..

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ok, we start this Friday. If axis isn't ready, they'll have to deal with the allied wave and fight out a losing campaign. There's another axis player interested in playing so maybe it will turn into a 6v7 to balance things out.

I was also thinking of moving information onto a google doc for each team for flexibility. If you guys don't have a gmail account or don't want ot share personal email addresses, it would be helpful to make one to manage your team's stuff.