Not a Tournament, but a Campaign

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.

If you were to play, what side would you want to play as?

Allies
38%
Axis
46%
Not Interested (note why down below, including if you think this won't work and why it won't work)
15%

Total votes: 13

idliketoplaybetter

Re: Not a Tournament, but a Campaign

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Great idea, Kwok.Not sure i, myself will be able to participate it, but glad to see such a show in progress.

P.S: Didn't know Adam and Andrzey is the same name in Polish :P
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

idliketoplaybetter wrote:Great idea, Kwok.Not sure i, myself will be able to participate it, but glad to see such a show in progress.

P.S: Didn't know Adam and Andrzey is the same name in Polish :P

You... Aleksiej Aleksiejewicz! How dare you! Now everybody knows that my actual, long-hidden name is Sławomir!

Jokes apart, kwok as you see, you got some interest. Can you now tell us some more details?

Henny

Post by Henny »

You can count me in
Dankman is a good guy

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Looks like only around teams of 4, so I'll probably shrink the map size. Or I'll string together some make believe place and not a historical operation. I'll get some more details through this week. Here are some preliminary ideas though:

-Each player will play as 1 company/doctrine choice
-Each player would occupy a location slot in any critical location on the greater map
-Every turn, each player can take an action on the greater map, including moving and attacking
-When players of opposing teams occupy location slots on the same critical location, it would trigger a battle that will be scheduled by the game master
-Each battle will be a VP game with the final score outcome (remaining VP points) impacting the critical location on the greater map
-Each critical location on the greater map will have a quantifier on team influence. When team influence tips overly to favor one side, that side wins the location
-When a location is won, the players on the losing team will move off to an adjacent friendly space and lose their ability to do an action on the next turn. If the player cannot move off to an adjacent friendly space, then they are eliminated from the game/map

Control Calculations:
After every battle, the final VP score is recorded. The remaining VP points from the battle for BOTH Axis and Allies gets summed and then subtracted from the losing team's VP points on the greater battle map. The remaining VP points from the battle are then added to the winning team's VP points on the greater battle map. When one team's VP points on a location exceed the other team's, control is given to the higher point team and the lower point team must evacuate the location. If by the end of the calculation the VP points is below awarded permanent VP points gained from special rules, then the team's VP score on the location is set to the sum of all permanent points awarded for the location.
Last edited by kwok on 01 Mar 2017, 08:06, edited 3 times in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Here's a quick map:
4v4 caen campaign.jpg

4v4 to 6v6 Blitz of Caen

Starting Conditions

How to read:
Map (Max occupancy per team): Allied Score - Axis Score / Score Cap, starting owning team

Caen (3) : 0 - 300 / 600VP, Axis start owning
Road to Caen (2): 0 - 0 / 400VP
Redball Express (3): 0 - 200 / 400VP, Axis start owning
N13 (3): 0 - 0 / 300VP
Cariquet (1): 0 - 50 / 50VP, Axis start owning
Alsace Moselle (2): 0 - 0 / 100VP
Hill 112 (3): 0 - 0 / 100VP
Etavaux (2): 0 - 0 / 200VP
Axis can deploy on any of the critical locations on the map. Allies can only deploy on the Allied square.

Objectives:

Allies must hold N13, Redball Express, and Caen before turn 10
Axis must hold Caen on turn 10

Special Map Rules:

Cariquet - Airborne, RAF, and Luft docs cannot be on Caen if the team does not control Cariquet
Hill 112 - The team that controls Hill 112 automatically has a permanent 100VP influence on Alsace Moselle and Etavaux and 50VP for Cariquet. This permanent VP is lost when the Hill trades holding
Redball Express, Road to Caen - Armor and RE doctrines cannot occupy Caen unless Allies control both these locations
Redball Express, Road to Caen, Cariquet, Etavaux - Each team gets permanent 50VP for each of these critical locations controlled. This permanent VP is lost when a location is lost.

Battle Conditions:

1000 VP
High Resources
Fixed Positions
Last edited by kwok on 01 Mar 2017, 08:10, edited 2 times in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

kwok wrote:Looks like only around teams of 4

Bk is dying :cry:

I'll try convince my 525 mates to partecipate, salvy seemed interested already.
And i think you could try to be more aggressive with the promotion of your campaign by steam-texting this topic's link to some "frequently" active player who might have missed it on the forum.. wurf, boba, 6th Airborne and Belisar, Estadomayor, ironfist, snowleopard, warlord, mofeta, gaten, nedkil, doogie, and there are probably more which i can't remember right now..
I think tiger had a little more partecipants in the afrika tournament because he doesn't mind "bothering" ( no offense ;) ) people via PM. In this case it would be for a just cause i think.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I can handle multiple campaigns at a time if some people want to start first, then others can get more interested and hold new campaigns simultaneously. Seems like given the off times everyone is on BK, that is the best option. Haha learning lessons from previous tournaments. Smaller = more agile and effective.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wow. VP, high res... crazy...

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

sgtToni95 wrote:And i think you could try to be more aggressive with the promotion of your campaign by steam-texting this topic's link to some "frequently" active player who might have missed it on the forum.. wurf, boba, 6th Airborne and Belisar, Estadomayor, ironfist, snowleopard, warlord, mofeta, gaten, nedkil, doogie, and there are probably more which i can't remember right now..
I think tiger had a little more partecipants in the afrika tournament because he doesn't mind "bothering" ( no offense ;) ) people via PM. In this case it would be for a just cause i think.

SnowLeopard :D You don't know what happened? :P
After one 3v3 game I had vs him as Allies like 2 days ago... He then deleted BK and everything related! He also removed MarKr, me, Lehr and all Bk players!!! ^_^
He said the reason is that he believes it's "unbalanced" and he won't ever come back before the next patch. I think I could probably upload the replay file of this game anytime later... Not as a video though.

kwok wrote:Haha learning lessons from previous tournaments. Smaller = more agile and effective.

I kinda agree :P But you can really text others via Steam.. it really helps! And I tell you what, when v4.9.6 was released... I sent a message to EVERYONE in my friends list with the download link xD Except those players who already knew about it of course.

And I like VP, but the maps you selected are not my taste at all to be honest. Anyway, I am in as Axis like I said earlier :)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Map choice was based on available bk map to real life location density. Since I was shrinking it down to a single city operation, I was just looking for a place that had the closest to real with enough maps.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

You all want to try to play this weekend? PM me if you want to sign up with your doc choice (or say "fill" if you want me to allocate you based on balance). And I'll kick off the game this weekend with more details on the game, like how long a turn will be and what actions you can do.

I won't have much time to be on this week, I don't get back from work until all you peoples go to sleep and are offline so I don't have the chance to "spread the word". Can you all spread the word for me and have them message me?

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Just found a way to get my pc working again.. am i still in time to join?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Sure. Any late adds can be "reinforcements"