What is necessary to play all of the mod?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
speeddemon02

What is necessary to play all of the mod?

Post by speeddemon02 »

A friend of mine wants to play blitz mod and is not able to drop 60 on the game with both expansions. I know he doesnt need tales of valor, but if he doesnt get opposing fronts or the basic game will he be restricted on what sides he can choose to play?

Krieger Blitzer

Re: What is necessary to play all of the mod?

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

He needs Tales of Valor only in order to be able to play online with all factions as both Multiplayer and Skirmish modes.. however, the first 3 campaigns won't be accessible...

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

thank you will pass that along

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

don't need tales of valor (i don't have it at least). Just need the first coh and opposing fronts to play all factions.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

my friend was very thankful Devilfish, getting more people in the game :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

opposing front, thats all.

Krieger Blitzer

kwok wrote:don't need tales of valor (i don't have it at least). Just need the first coh and opposing fronts to play all factions.

Well then...

Let me illustrate further:-

• Company of Heroes 1 (base game);

>>> Unlocks ONLY US and WH armies for Skirmish and Multiplayer.

- And only "invasion of Normandy" campaign.

========================

• Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts;

>>> Unlocks ONLY CW and PE factions for Skirmish and Multiplayer.

- And both "Liberation of Caen" + "Operation Market Garden" campaigns.

========================

• Company of Heroes Tales of Valor;

>>> Unlocks ALL 4 factions (US - WH - PE - CW) for Skirmish and Multiplayer.

- And "Tiger Ace" + "Falaise Pocket" + "Causeway" campaigns.
    Also the "Customize Army List" will be available for the original game!

# Not to mention all "Operations" (Stonewall - Panzerkrieg - Assault) are available too.

But "Operations" aren't working with BK mod anyway...

I would recommend purchasing the game normally via Steam. Than from any other websites, however.. if there is not enough money... Then maybe wait for any sale discounts!
I am just not in favor of redeeming game codes into Steam; I know lots of persons who faced too many issues with it.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

COH Anthology ; Company of Heroes 1 (base game) + Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts + Company of Heroes Tales of Valor. My dvd version. But today it dont Worth.

Krieger Blitzer

Yup, buying anthology can be great.. nonetheless; if he doesn't care about the first 3 campaigns - invasion of Normandy, Liberation of Caen and Operation Market Garden - then I think purchasing ToV is actually more than enough! Since I have now clarified in details which exact branches of the game that each expansion is unlocking...

Speaking of the version I have, then I guess that my CoH is very special in fact. The way how I obtained CoH was a very interesting story I would say! ^^ Let me share with you this story, keeping in mind it's the first time I am sharing this story in public btw:-

What I have is called "CoH Gold Edition" which includes; Company of Heroes 1 (base game) + Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts.
This "Gold Edition" was gifted to me by 1 of the Relic developers in 2011. It was when Relic released the "Company of Heroes Online" of which was free to play and available for everyone... Company of Heroes Online was also very different, it was more like CoH2 actually... With several items and skins available within the game! However, CoH Online was open only for 3 months; from November 2010 to Feb 2011 as far as I can remember.. and I guess it was more like a "test" for CoH2 after all, as they even later released CoH2 in 2013 having pretty much the same interface as the old CoH Online.

What happened is that while I was playing CoH Online, I accidentally met one of the Relic developers.. and soon after; we became friends! I was very young at that time... Yet I was a very good player :P So, I guess he was kind of impressed.
Later, he gifted me 1 Gold Edition and also CoH ToV ;)
I took the Gold Edition, and my eldest brother Eagle1987 took ToV on the other hand :)

Unfortunately though, after CoH later moved to Steam.. I actually lost the communication with this Relic developer over the time :/

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

speeddemon02 wrote:my friend was very thankful Devilfish, getting more people in the game :)

You're welcome. Make sure to share your and yours friend's steam nicks, so you can get to know people who are playing. Have fun.

Tiger1996 wrote:I would recommend purchasing the game normally via Steam. Than from any other websites, however.. if there is not enough money... Then maybe wait for any sale discounts!
I am just not in favor of redeeming game codes into Steam; I know lots of persons who faced too many issues with it.

I'd recommend buying from this particular website. It is well established company with good reputation, I have good experience with it. They back you up against scam sellers. And most importantly, the price differences are usually huge. $3.58 vs 24.97€ for CoH Complete Edition. The choice is yours.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"