King Tiger ausf B skin replacement

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Jagdpanther

King Tiger ausf B skin replacement

Post by Jagdpanther »

You changed the skin of the turret mg version of the KT in order to fix this bug viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1030. That is great. (Even thought you changed it with a lower quality one. All the skins that were added/changed in the last beta patch are low quality (panzer III, KT ausf A/B). Blitzkrieg mod is know for quality, these skins aren't BK level.)

But why for the love of God have you replaced the non turret mg ausf B KT skin? Why did you changed a perfect HQ skin with this awful LQ non skirts version when there was nothing wrong with the old one?

There is also a historic reason to keep the old one, almost all ausf B versions were with skirts. http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/n ... stiger.php

I don't remember myself to ever beg in my life but PLEASE, i beg you add the old skin back. Skins are one of the reason why i love this mod so much, please add it back.

new

old

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: King Tiger ausf B skin replacement

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Probably because there was a bug with invisible turret MG42, I agree that this skin sucks though, without skirts tank looks ugly.

Viper

Post by Viper »

this new model looks cool but needs some skirts.
and hidden mg bug is still there by the way.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Regarding this KT model, This was a mistake, the original skin will come back.

Jagdpanther wrote:You changed the skin of the turret mg version of the KT in order to fix this bug viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1030. That is great. (Even thought you changed it with a lower quality one. All the skins that were added/changed in the last beta patch are low quality (panzer III, KT ausf A/B). Blitzkrieg mod is know for quality, these skins aren't BK level.)

Not true, these skins are high quality and realistic skins, and we always put what the best for bk, you also need to make a difference between "spray paint" and "brush paint" both technics were used during WW2 and quite different looking, most of the "on field" camo paint were FAR from being master pieces and perfectly designed, it wasn't a beauty contest afterall. ;)

Spoiler: show

Also the picture you provide here is low quality, so if you graphic setting is on "low" sure your units will be less detailed, look at your buildings skins as well...they are all blurry, whne they are extremely sharp in game...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, we know that hidden MG is still there. I have a fix for that...this time for real :D

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Not true, these skins are high quality and realistic skins, and we always put what the best for bk, you also need to make a difference between "spray paint" and "brush paint" both technics were used during WW2 and quite different looking, most of the "on field" camo paint were FAR from being master pieces and perfectly designed, it wasn't a beauty contest afterall. ;)

I'm talking about the resolution of the textures not the talent of the painter.

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Also the picture you provide here is low quality, so if you graphic setting is on "low" sure your units will be less detailed, look at your buildings skins as well...they are all blurry, whne they are extremely sharp in game...

Yes you are right, i apologize for this mistake. I set the texture detail to ultra (was on high) and now they all look better but i made this mistake because some look better with high setting.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

Couldn't you just remove the (Hidden) weapon from the Hardpoint in which it is attached?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

V13dweller wrote:Couldn't you just remove the (Hidden) weapon from the Hardpoint in which it is attached?

That was already the case in this patch and it didn't solve the problem, anyway:
Yes, we know that hidden MG is still there. I have a fix for that...this time for real :D

Viper

Post by Viper »

Jagdpanther wrote:You changed the skin of the turret mg version of the KT in order to fix this bug viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1030 That is great.

we (me, others and Tiger was with us) made some testing together today and we found out the destroyed main gun bug is still there too :!: looks like models change did not help at all.

and by the way. now the hidden mg bug is in both king tigers ! and not only the cheaper version....... :shock:
we found many other bugs today too. specifically with high explosive rounds. like doing some sort of accurate long range shot with high explosive shells for example :mrgreen:

but i can't list up everything here. because i don't have much time and the bugs were just too many. but anyway tiger said he noted everything and told us he will speak about all bugs when he is finally back or when he is allowed again.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

seha wrote:
Jagdpanther wrote:You changed the skin of the turret mg version of the KT in order to fix this bug viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1030 That is great.

we (me, others and Tiger was with us) made some testing together today and we found out the destroyed main gun bug is still there too :!: looks like models change did not help at all.

and by the way. now the hidden mg bug is in both king tigers ! and not only the cheaper version....... :shock:
we found many other bugs today too. specifically with high explosive rounds. like doing some sort of accurate long range shot with high explosive shells for example :mrgreen:

but i can't list up everything here. because i don't have much time and the bugs were just too many. but anyway tiger said he noted everything and told us he will speak about all bugs when he is finally back or when he is allowed again.

AGAIN: i told you this unit is a mistake from us, and shouldn't be there, the Mg & KT will be fixed, and i DON't want to hear Tiger this, Tiger that, for now Seha until is ban is finished, understood? Tiger has been ban for a very good reason, and it would be nice that he STOP asking his friends to speak for him on the forum!

Viper

Post by Viper »

as far as i can see. all times when he asked me and others to speak for him were only about the game or for posting replays/videos and so on. did not know this could annoy you that much. but ok, i will not mention his name again. but next time about such matters , i think you should send pm rather than telling this here. so we not drive off topic.