Artillery Reveal

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
kwok
Team Member

Artillery Reveal

Post by kwok »

Imo, idont think arty should reveal on firing. In my mod, I made it so even mortars don't even reveal (but I made a lot of other usage changes for mortars, you must use the ability, mortars do not auto fire, cost mu, and have CD between. So they kind of act like on map arty while arty is moved into off map batteries. Anyways enough self advertising).
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Re: Doctrines Tips

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:Imo, idont think arty should reveal on firing. In my mod, I made it so even mortars don't even reveal

thinking same. I can remember that i had a talk about that matter but cant remember the results. Iirc it was either not possible or too much work to do.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

If through ability, there is a way to turn it off. Example, you don't see grenade throws in fog of war.

If through regular attacking, I'm not sure. Impossible in coh2 because relic blocked it from being changed
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

In game arty reveals first when it hits something and not when shooting. So i guess its nothing we can solve or at least not easily.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Arty units should always reveal themselves through the fog of war whenever scoring a hit... Otherwise, it would be absolutely ridiculous.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Arty units should always reveal themselves through the fog of war whenever scoring a hit... Otherwise, it would be absolutely ridiculous.

From which point of view? Gameplay or realism?

If arty wouldnt reveal itself when hitting something it may help that arty users focus on destroying defenses rather than trying to only give counterarty. Such games go ahead first when one side got arty domination and then starting to shoot defenses.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Artillery Reveal

Post by kwok »

Hey guys I split the topic. I'll also ask if a mod can move this topic out of bknc just cuz i like keep it clean of balance suggestions. But it's a good discussion, I'd like to participate.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The only way I know of how to make artyllery not to show its position is to simply turn it off for all units (any unit attacking from FoW would not be revealed) that means also e.g. snipers (though there is the tracer from the rifle visible).

Not taking sides here, just saying :).

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

That's how I'd like it personally, unfortunately coh2 won't let you do that. But isn't it a setting for abilities?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

For abilities, really? I've been looking for something like that in abilities and haven't found it (or maybe overlooked it?)...But there is a global parametr that basically says "if a unit attacks from FoW, it is revealed for X seconds"...so I guess if "X = 0" that means it won't be revealed - but as I said it is global so arty units, mortars, snipers, PaKs statined behind the main attack force...all would be hidden.

But some units such as Nebels have that smoke around them when they shoot which is visible in FoW and that would put them into disadvantage.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

hm maybe it's a coh2 thing...