Unsportsmanlike conduct

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Puma.Elfangor

Unsportsmanlike conduct

Post by Puma.Elfangor »

I want to bring to the attention of the bk community. The fact that the well known bk player panzer lehr division abuses the tp bug. Recently he has stooped even lower and has started basebombing, abusing the brit trucks to kill Mgs and mortars and a myriad other exploits making the games he's in unbearable I ve come to the conclusion that he's a toxic player worthy of being removed from everyone's friendslist and autokicked whenever he joins anyone's game.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct

Post by kwok »

I had games with him where he used tp bug as well. The worst part is how he pretends it is an accident. "Oh that's funny haha." After the 3rd time across multiple games it stops looking like an accident.

Basebombing and truck running I'm more okay with tbh, but the tp is pretty blatant.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

abusing the brit trucks to kill Mgs and mortars

How is it possible to use brit truck to kill mgs and mortars? Never experienced such a thing.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Drive crushing. Same way a tank can run over inf and terrain. It might even be intentional, not an exploit, cuz crushing type is an attribute. I'm okay with it because there is still obvious risk to doing such a thing. If a Brit player is ready to risk production, possibly doctrine abilities, and a reinforce point to kill one weapon... I feel like I am winning on a morale level. I think the gimmicks that people are most frustrated about is in early game where there is less counter (but it puts Brits so far behind in production where they already suffer huge disadvantage in) or when a glider drops and crushes something like a back mortar (shadow...) (which I still think is fine because he is paying 560mp with a high chance of losing everything in the drop and cool down on a critical aspect of RAF strategy.)
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Speaking of Lehr, he is no longer in my friends list btw. As he removed me a couple of weeks ago for some reasons...

However that today on the lobby, i have met a player with his name.. but it wasn't him; completely different stats and Steam profile.

And it's not someone who is trying to impersonate him as far as i can see, as i believe it's just a coincidence that they both have the exact same name.

So, I am not quite sure if you guys are talking about the real lehr or not, just first make sure.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

kwok wrote:Drive crushing. Same way a tank can run over inf and terrain. It might even be intentional, not an exploit, cuz crushing type is an attribute. I'm okay with it because there is still obvious risk to doing such a thing. If a Brit player is ready to risk production, possibly doctrine abilities, and a reinforce point to kill one weapon... I feel like I am winning on a morale level. I think the gimmicks that people are most frustrated about is in early game where there is less counter (but it puts Brits so far behind in production where they already suffer huge disadvantage in) or when a glider drops and crushes something like a back mortar (shadow...) (which I still think is fine because he is paying 560mp with a high chance of losing everything in the drop and cool down on a critical aspect of RAF strategy.)

Never happened to me, I mean I don't see any benefit in it. Doing it with HQ truck is bullshit, you can't build units. Doing it with the Field Truck is also stupid, since by the time it is able to drive to the relevant spot and crush mgs, enemy will probably already have AT squad or/and 50mm to counter reccee. Even if not, 37mm pens it reliably, fast rate of fire, high chance of damaging engine, rendering it even slower.
'Did anyone ever use it against you, Kwok? If yes, ever with any results?

P.S Yea, shadow and his glider drops xD.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah it has been done to me, and to be honest I jump on them as their mistake almost every time. Unplanted trucks take extra damage, cost to cost they might have won the fight. But I can jump right back to my base, remake a unit or build a unit I now know they can't produce a counter for. It's more about realizing the long term gain than the short term losses. Same with gliders. Mortars don't cost more than 450mp max depending on the mortar. If someone wants to drop 560 mp on my 330mp mortar then fine.

The danger is the follow up attack to these crushing moves. If a critical unit is crushed and your whole defensive line falls cuz that mg is no longer holding a position, it can be costly. But, if you have built a defense or strategy that hinges on one unit then maybe you don't deserve to win the long term battle. One short term loss shouldn't determine the game if you hedge correctly. Because honestly, you should always be hedging in case random number generator comes and slaps you.

RommelsAfrikaKorps

Post by RommelsAfrikaKorps »

quick solve would be to build a trench no? also mines are under utilized in most games definitely could work for stopping the command truck
i had it happened to me, don't see it as a big deal. i find it good that people find new ways to fight. makes the game more dynamic, forces you to try new things and develop new strategies.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Depends on the mine but yeah those both work too. Teller mines have high dmg and crit but I think the other mines don't do much.

Also, sometimes people decline trenches because there is a chance enemy can at some point steal and an mg can't self destruct or mortars can't get in trenches.

But we obviously agree I think that crushing isn't that game breaking. TP is though.