A question related to modding

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Halfeatenpotato

A question related to modding

Post by Halfeatenpotato »

Hey guys,

Me, my brother and a two friends love axis bias compstoming and we'd like to make it even a bit more unfair for the poor AI. I had done some modding in the past and so I wanted to give it a go. But everytime I try to edit some values within the BK mod's folders I get errors like this one for example:
-
Error raised at .\src\frmRgdEditor.cpp line 393:
.\src\CModuleFile.cpp line 180: File view error
.\src\CFileMap.cpp line 219: Could not find suitable output location for 'attrib\attrib\abilities\panzer_elite_stormtrooper_ability.rgd' (could be because you're trying to mod RelicCOH)
.\src\CFileMap.vpp line 132: Unable to make 'attrib\attrib\abilities' writable for 'panzer_elite_stormtrooper_ability.rgd'
.\src\CFileMap.vpp line 132: Unable to make 'attrib\attrib\abilities' writable for 'panzer_elite_stormtrooper_ability.rgd'
.\src\CFileMap.vpp line 162: Unable to make 'attrib\attrib\abilities' writable for 'panzer_elite_stormtrooper_ability.rgd'
-

What am I doing so utterly wrong?(I already know that the answer might be very very easy and I am already kicking myself for not figuring it out myself)

Jalis

Re: A question related to modding

Post by Jalis »

Halfeatenpotato wrote:Hey guys,

Me, my brother and a two friends love axis bias compstoming

Dont say too loud bk is axis biaised. It is a secret.

Do you use corsix to mod the game. If you dont, use it.

Halfeatenpotato

Jeah, I am using corsix mod studio. Still error notes like the one I put in come up everytime I try to save a change.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Hi

First I dont know how familiar you re with mod, so I will try to give hints usable by about everyone.

Data you want to change are mostly in AttribArchive.sga and AttribArchivePatch.sga. Last one is first checked in game.

I suggest you back up your game in order to be able to come back easily in a functional game if manipulation turns badly.

SGA are compressed files. You cant make viable change directly in these files. You must first uncompressed it. Use for exemple sga to sgb. and uncompress AttribArchivePatch.sga in AttribArchivePatch1 directory.

Once it s done you have your original file and the uncompressed directory, where you will save your changes.

example I want my axis pioneer to have 945 hp. I change it in the orignal file. I will find it on a path something like Archives\AttribArchivePatch\attrib\ebps\races\axis\soldiers --- I find and change pioneer hp, in pionneer.rgd --- but I save pioneer.rgd in my uncompressed replica directory at Archives\AttribArchivePatch1\attrib\ebps\races\axis\soldiers.

Once it s done Just compress you AttribArchivePatch1 in AttribArchivePatch.sga in order to overwrite the original file.

You will find the sga packer in corsix Tools part.

Hope I didnt forgot anything It s a will I didnt play with corsix.

Halfeatenpotato

SGA are compressed files. You cant make viable change directly in these files. You must first uncompressed it. Use for exemple sga to sgb. and uncompress AttribArchivePatch.sga in AttribArchivePatch1 directory.

Well, how to do so? I haven't found a way.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Halfeatenpotato wrote:
Use for exemple sga to sgb. and

it s a little soft you perhaps also could find as sga2sgb.

Halfeatenpotato

Could you maybe provide me with a link? I haven't found a working Version to download.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Nexus for exemple.

http://www.nexusmods.com/companyofheroe ... D774&pUp=1

Take care about the readme. Designating accuratly the archive path is important to avoid problems.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Corsix in itself is an sga extractor/packer and rgd isn't it? You can make those changes and then recompress when you're done making those changes all in Corsix, at least all the simple value adjustments. Am I missing something?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

May be. I can just give hint on method I know. To pack files in SGA, I use the corsic sga Packer. If it can unpack I not aware how to do. Extract all function is quite a clue for me. So I suggested sga 2 sgb. At least if questions come later, I will be able to answer.