M15 and M16gmc: which one to choose and when?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Wer525

M15 and M16gmc: which one to choose and when?

Post by Wer525 »

As title says, which are the main differences between them? What they can pen with their guns? In which role should they be used?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JimQwilleran

Re: M15 and M16gmc: which one to choose and when?

Post by JimQwilleran »

The M15 is equipped with one 37mm gun and two 0.50 mm HMGs. Because of that M15 do better job as light vehicle killer than M16 which carries four 0.50 mm HMGs.

M15 is slower and needs to face/drive backwards to shoot, it has slower rate of fire and longer reloading time, so it not as good for quick breakthroughs as M16 that can surprise enemy and shred his inf with quad.

Both have similar suppression rate and damage output. Both can penetrate light vehicles, but M16 needs much longer to kill one. M15 acts a bit like portable bofors gun :P.

All depends on your style. If you want more static unit to fire from distance, pick M15. If you need a breakthrough unit to get close to enemy or flank him and chase retreating units, pick M16.

I warn you, my point of view is subjective :P.

Wake

Re: M15 and M16gmc: which one to choose and when?

Post by Wake »

Both units are really good, but the M15A1 costs more and is much harder to use. However, I would say that the M15 is just better (if you can micro-manage it properly). The M15 kills light vehicles really easily, and is still really good vs infantry. The M16 struggles to kill vehicles fast enough, for example, if an M16 fought a 25mm Puma 234, the 234 would win. An M15 would kill the 234 pretty quickly.

So, if you can absorb the slightly higher cost and the extra skill needed to use the M15, then choose it over the M16.