Dead Bodies Submod

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
CSGerrarde

Dead Bodies Submod

Post by CSGerrarde »

Could someone make a submod that can make dead bodies and wrecks stay? like something out of dawn of war?

JimQwilleran

Re: Dead Bodies Submod

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wrecks do stay until you kill them physically with an explosion or gun fire. I am afraid that great amount of bodies would lag the game. And I know, you might have monster pc, but the engine would just have another thing to handle.
Also have you ever noticed how Havok treats bodies? For example imagine two tanks fighting. When one of them shoots at the other and penetrates, havok is making some kind of shockwave around it, all movable objects (bodies, destroyed environment obstacles) are pushed away from it. It's not a common thing to see, I know. But if every body stayed on the map we would see hundreds of corpses constantly flying around, being shredded by arty/flames.
Last edited by JimQwilleran on 14 Jul 2016, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes, dead bodies will lag the game big time, so it better not implement that to his game.

CSGerrarde

Post by CSGerrarde »

Thanks for answering , i found out how to make bodies stay but it only allows non ragdolled corpses to stay which means only about 1 in 6 dead people stay in the field and that's enough for me i hope.

Snark

Post by Snark »

CSGerrarde wrote:Thanks for answering , i found out how to make bodies stay but it only allows non ragdolled corpses to stay which means only about 1 in 6 dead people stay in the field and that's enough for me i hope.

How did you manage to do that? I would really like to know :)