Hospital

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
sgtToni95

Hospital

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi everyone, i have a pair of questions about how hospitals work.
I noticed that sometimes, even by having many inf losses, hospital "red bar" to create a new squad doesn't progress, so i'd like to know if it has a maximum range to go and pick up wounded bodies or if i'm not paying enough attention. :)
The second question is about those people going to the battlefield from the hospital to pick up bodies: they are not an auto target for any unit but you can kill them by giving order. I'd like to know if by killing them you decrease your enemy's hospital efficiency or if they just respawn for free and keep doing their job.
I know this is not so foundamental but this thing made me curious.
Thanks in advance :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Hospital

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The Medical Station (Triage) creates two medics that run out and collect the wounded soldiers from the battlefields (normally ones that "die" from gunfire - a shot to the leg, arm, stomach, etc). They then bring these soldiers back to the medical station and, once you recover a certain number of them (six for allies, four for axis) they spawn a Rifleman or Grenadier squad.

Units killed via fire, explosives, or shots to the head cannot recovered, obviously. But if you pay attention you'll usually see soldiers rolling and writhing around on the ground after a gunfight. Those are "wounded" soldiers that can be recovered by medics.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Ok thanks :)
But what if i shoot medics? I see you can kill them while they go picking up bodies, so they won't bring soldiers to the hospital. Does killing them stop the medical station from collecting wounded soldiers or they spawn again and keep doing their job?

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Yes, there is a range for picking up wounded soldiers, relatively huge range (around triple of a common tank range, I think).
I'm not certain, but I believe if the medics are killed, another pair respawn automatically, how long does it take and how often does it happen, I have no idea.
So yes, by killing medics you are lowering the efficiency of triage center, in theory, if you "camped" for them and always kill them, you should completely prevent opponent's triage center functionality.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Thank you :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

all have to collect 6 wounded. Note pls that wounded disappear after a while so a medic might come too late to pick the guy up. All sides have to collect 6 men in BK. WH spawns volksgrens, Brits basic inf squad and US riflmen.

As Axis and CW its extremly worthy to get them. Axis triage is cheap and you get a pretty good unit. CW is almost necessary on the long term. Its often the only real way to maintain at least a small inf force, especially when you play RA and RE. So place them smart and fight in the range where medics are in range to pick them which is not three times the tank range i think. Perhaps twice the range i would say or somewhere between. As US i only get them when i dont have a CW guy arround or i use inf doc medic trucks.

Also the medics do not always go back to their medic station. They go to the next best in range. So it might be that you see one triage center with 4 or more medics while the other has none. That also means that your teammate can "steal" your medics and getting thus all the wounded. So make sure that in case you play US that you dont build one next to a british one just closer to the front (or simply there where brits triage center is too far away anyway). It makes more sense you give the wounded to the brits as to the US.

Medics can also be killed by mortar/arty which also means by your own. Once dead they respawn but idk how long it takes.

So yeah, dont steal wounded soldiers from CW as US.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I will upload a replay where hospital truck came in clutch for me. I had older ones where I just had swarms of volks that would never die and held up pretty much 1v3 situations. Warhawks can testify lol.
Learned this hospital zombie spam from Joethepro and moss, the old players who did it best. Unfortunately no replays on them anymore.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

When u kill medics, u also gain decent XP.. and veterancy too! :P

Paso95

Post by Paso95 »

Hi all, I've a question about hospitals:
Warhawks97 wrote:all have to collect 6 wounded. Note pls that wounded disappear after a while so a medic might come too late to pick the guy up. All sides have to collect 6 men in BK. WH spawns volksgrens, Brits basic inf squad and US riflmen.

So maybe it is a bit unbalanced that two factions get from hospitals a team which cost 265 and 240 manpower and another get a more than 400 one, far stronger and at the same "speed". Moreover pe does not even have this possibility. Is it possible maybe to increase the amount of wounded for brits hospital or something similar?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Paso95 wrote:Hi all, I've a question about hospitals:
Warhawks97 wrote:all have to collect 6 wounded. Note pls that wounded disappear after a while so a medic might come too late to pick the guy up. All sides have to collect 6 men in BK. WH spawns volksgrens, Brits basic inf squad and US riflmen.

... Moreover pe does not even have this possibility...

Yes, R-DEVs say time and again, that factions must be "different". But there is basic function - to rescue the wounded soldiers on battlefield; it is strange, that PE didn`t have "medics" which collects wounded soldiers on the battlefield (Why PE doesn`t care wounded soldiers?)

So... R-Devs position the PE as most mechanized faction.
In this case I think, that PE Ambulance half-truck may have upgrade "Static Ambulance station" (like as additional upgrade of Sdffz.221 "Capture sector"), like as US Inf-doc Ambulance truck.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I think it's absolutely fine that PE doesn't have medic stations which collect wounds.. the same way, WH is the only faction that doesn't have any planes for example... Both the PE and the WH are supposed to be comprehensive only when they stick together!

But I can agree that having a CW Rifle Section squad from the British medic station is a little bit too much actually, as they are bloody strong specifically with Brens to be honest... Perhaps it should be changed, providing only sappers instead of Rifle Section squads or so.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Imo provoding only sappers would be totally unbalanced... they cost more than volks and riflemen but in combat they're a bit more useless. No mgs, no at and what? A fantastic flamethrower! volks can be upgraded with mg and panzerfaust, with mg being extremely deadly (even more than brens) against inf and panzerfaust being quite effective against most tanks.. riflemen can be upgraded too with bars and gl so having a supper squad pretty much useless, with its weapon equipment, in combat would be unbalanced on the other way. And you have to consider brits need to spend much more with starting units, (volks and rifles cost more or less like boys squad for example and less than suppers) and one would not usually have that much res to make 2-3 tommies squads (which do not have any anti tank equipment) since you need 17p, emps, piats for anti tank-mortar ht etc..
Oh and forgot to say sappers have no nades as well
Last edited by sgtToni95 on 03 Nov 2016, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

XAHTEP39 wrote:So... R-Devs position the PE as most mechanized faction.
In this case I think, that PE Ambulance half-truck may have upgrade "Static Ambulance station" (like as additional upgrade of Sdffz.221 "Capture sector"), like as US Inf-doc Ambulance truck.

Agreed, for me it would be fine.