Luft Inf vs Fragmentation Bombs, and General Discussion About Luft Effectiveness

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
JimQwilleran

Luft Inf vs Fragmentation Bombs, and General Discussion About Luft Effectiveness

Post by JimQwilleran »

Hey, I made this little topic to ask someone that knows the inside stuff about one thing.

Raf fragmentation bombs are generally genocide bringers, but after luft CP veteracy unlock, not even one luft airborne dies after direct hits.
Can anyone explain me that? They can still get killed with shots from even shities howitzer tetrarch, but bombs landing on their heads do nothing.

Also a question to devs, have you guys decided yet about giving luft defensive bonus "only while they are not actually moving"?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Luft Inf vs Fragmentation Bombs, and General Discussion About Luft Effectiveness

Post by MarKr »

@explanation of bombs: The game engine is a program and works according to stats set for weapons and enitites, not according to some common sense - if you set the Wobley revolver to shoot with the speed of MG42, each bullet having same impact as V1, it never asks if it makes sense or if it would be possible in reality, it simply does what it reads in the files. Similar thing goes for the bombs - they have area-of-effect where you can set how big the area is (radius) and then you set penetration values and accuracy values for certain distances within the radius. Given the huge accuracy nerf that applies to any weapon that attacks Reg5, the bomb simply "doesn't hit them". The values near the centre are usually set to such a value that this doesn't happen in usual cases but I guess the stacked accuracy nerfs of Reg5 are so high that the chance to miss them even near the centre of the blast is under 100% so the game sometimes rolls a miss.
I hope this at least a little bit explained the situation.

@Reg5 def bonus: Yes, it will only apply when they stand still in cover, the bonuses that the unlock provides will be little less than now to prevent huge bonus stacking from other sources.

Warhawks97

Re: Luft Inf vs Fragmentation Bombs, and General Discussion About Luft Effectiveness

Post by Warhawks97 »

It took that long untill someone realized that? oO Ive always been saying not to bomb luft inf when you can bomb other infantry.

Anyway.

Many factors come together. The Gebirgs take way less damage from RAF cluster bomb due to its tp. Even a direct hit on them deals max 50 damage while other inf takes up to 100 (+the damage of other nearby cluster bombs which damage is less depending on how far away they dropped down. AoE range of a single bomb is 20. In total 6 bombs should drop down).
The Reg 5 is different as it got tp_Airborne instead tp_Heroic. When those stand still the bomb has 75% accuracy.

Now things get more interesting when i read it correct. The cluster bomb has against infantry in heavy cover no damage reduction, therefore 75% reduced accuracy. Against inf in light cover the damage is reduced by 25% but accuracy is 100%.

Either way, tp_heroic (Gebirgs) or tp_AB (Reg 5), there are good chances to survive a cluster raid. Gebirgs just cant die from a single bomb hitting their head and reg 5 can "evade" a bomb (they do it so fast that you just cant see how they do it. They are faster than light).
Build more AA Walderschmidt

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Lol, another proof that nazi soldiers were just ubermensh, each worth 10 allied soldiers. :D

Thx for the answers.

Nice to hear they will be slightly nerfed.