CW playstyle

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: CW playstyle

Post by MarKr »

Original topic (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1125&p=12582#p12582) split due to going OT.
Discuss SAS there, CW in general here ;).

EDIT:
As for the bonuses of CW command units:
CW Lieutenant: (applies to all CW infantry except for Commandos units)
Vet0:
Accuracy: +10% (does NOT stack when more LTs are nearby)
Damage: +2.5% (stacks when more LTs are nearby)
Damage: +2.5% (does NOT stack when more LTs are nearby)
Makes units move faster if in enemy/neutral territory (does NOT stack when more LTs are nearby)
Vet2:
Weapon reload speed: -10% (stacks when more LTs are nearby)
Received experience: +15% (does NOT stack with other XP bonus providing modifiers)
Received suppression: -10%
Weapon cooldown speed: -10%
Vet3:
Pop cap: +4
You can have multiple Lieutenants and their bonuses stack on infantry so the bonuses are overall lower than bonuses of Officers of other factions.

CW Captain:
Vet0:
Infantry:
Received Suppression: -50%
Received Damage: -20%
Health Regeneration: 0.004 (slow but better than nothing)
Emplacements:
Maximum health: +25%
Vet2:
Infantry:
Received Suppression: -50%
Maximum health: +15%
Health Regeneration: 0.004 (slow but better than nothing)
Emplacements:
Maximum health: +15%
Vet3:
Bonus to Fuel or Munitions income from the sector he’s in (approximately +6).

CW Command Tank:
Vet0:
Sight radius: +5
Weapon reload time: -15%
Weapon range: +2.5
Vet2:
Sight radius: +5
Weapon reload time: -10%
Weapon range: +2.5
Firefly only:
Weapon reload time: -20%

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@toni
the fault of not keepign up with bknc is not yours but ours. we failed in creating that active environment that drew you in. it was up to us to market ourselves as the go to place to learn. hopefully we can try again and make it work for everyone.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Re: SAS commandos

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:You don't see players doing a lot of things because most players follow a meta rather than explore the units and options.
You can make multiple LT's as brits and the some of its vet bonuses stack. For example, I don't know the specifics but say a vetted LT (axis or allied) gives a damage increase by about 25% (which I think is the actual value?), 3 LT's will give a 75% damage increase (I think it's 25% off the base otherwise it'd be like... 92% increase which I don't believe lol).

True... Just you have then two lieutnants and how many inf units? 1? I did play brits a lot back in the days (just as much as US) untill i "had to play" US when you remember the times where nobody else touched US faction. Sure, many things have changed but well. Double lieutnant is cool but requires lots of good coordination. And imagine two lieutnants and a inf squad, thats over 700 MP. You get that either when you dont lose a unit from right the beginning or maybe with help of a triage center. But building that in a mid/end game isnt smart. For that cost the enemie gets either volks spam with lmg and officer or simply a vehicle.

On top of that, Captains give 50% reduced received suppression and 20% reduced damage at level 1 (don't feel like digging into corsix more).
All those numbers don't include other passive buffs that can just be added on without any micro that brits have PLUS any base value advantage brits have already because they are inherently better stat units.

Captain bonuses are cool. Just if you want to vet him its not enough to get this guy into the territory your unit is fighting (though the bonus he gives is for the entire sector), you need to get him close just like normal officers in order to vet him.

The reason why brits end up seeming "just as good and sometimes worse" than other axis units is because people only know how to build emplacements, rush with single units at a time, spam churchills, or never end arty as brits. They don't give the buffs on buffs that makes the units invincible and powerful.

again, thats a matter of build cost. You cant blame players for not using "more units" when they have to wait minutes to get one. Sure, axis units are about similiar cost but they arent so specialized which means you make a lot more plans and moves with less units which all can do everything.

Untill a brit get a well planned attack running with lots of units involved they do have to defend themselfs already against like 5 attacks (usually hit and run + arty) from opponents and being under pressure (which makes offensive planning and playing hard enough already).

Fun fact, did you know a cromwell command tank with veterancy can buff the range of a churchill to outrange a Tiger?

yes.... But you need a firefly+churchill+command tank to be effective. Church wont pen a tiger anyway, firefly wont kill the inf. So you need all three of them which is.... Costly? Not to mention the micro. And usually when armies like this show up: Walking stuka FTW!

The PE upgraded buffs that you have to buy are just add squad member, reduce suppression, and increase vet rate i think... but i don't feel like digging through corsix to find out.

They are powerfull, just not really a necessary thing so far except vet seargent.

@Illa: I said "offense" or "Offensive"- In that they arent better than volks/rifles. And basic stats are comparable to Volks, just bit more HP. But far not comparable to WH grens. So they need green cover+ lieutnant usually.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

WTF. Why is my post three times here? All ive got was a kind of "error" message. Untill now i couldnt read my post and now i posted it 4 times?! can anyone delete three of them?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

kwok wrote:-tiger shock (i know inf were terrified of tiger tanks but that didnt made them crawl like worms, it actually made them better soldiers since adrenaline kicked in (see the movie Fury when a 76 Sherman faces a Tiger)

Ah yes Fury; a fine documentary from Brad Pitt who also brought us the oh so authentic documentary Inglorious Bastards.

But really though, if you believe Men Of War to be the panacea of realism I suggest you compare their artillery mechanics and ranges to CoH.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Warhawks97 wrote:WTF. Why is my post three times here? All ive got was a kind of "error" message. Untill now i couldnt read my post and now i posted it 4 times?! can anyone delete three of them?

There was a leftover bug from previous forum version, should be fixed now.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

drivebyhobo wrote:
kwok wrote:-tiger shock (i know inf were terrified of tiger tanks but that didnt made them crawl like worms, it actually made them better soldiers since adrenaline kicked in (see the movie Fury when a 76 Sherman faces a Tiger)

Ah yes Fury; a fine documentary from Brad Pitt who also brought us the oh so authentic documentary Inglorious Bastards.

But really though, if you believe Men Of War to be the panacea of realism I suggest you compare their artillery mechanics and ranges to CoH.

I'm pretty sure I never said that...

EDIT: OOOHHHhhh... I was quoted JP when I pulled that list. I was basically telling him that all the things he described are that of men of war. That whole list is LITERALLY quotes from JP. I just copy and pasted instead of quoting.

As for arty mechanics, neither coh or men of war do arty that much "realism". Though, the men of war radio operator is probably the closest.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Do Lt and captain gain experience through their own kills to get veterancies or they get it if units under their influence get kills?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

All command units gain XP from their own kills but from kills of other units within certain radius too. Though XP gained this way doesn't give them full XP value. I am not sure now but I think it is about 50% of what the unit that makes the kill gets.