Sniper cloaking

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Stick

Sniper cloaking

Post by Stick »

how about putting back in the sniper being able to cloak and capture a flag?

JimQwilleran

Re: Sniper cloaking

Post by JimQwilleran »

It is possible, same thing for scout. All you need is some cover near the point (that can be easily created with few mortar shells). You just order your sniper/spotter to go cloaked to the flag, stop him in cover, wait a few seconds, then uncloak him; he should be now in "automatically camouflaged in cover" mode. Now you can cap the point without revealing yourself, by the way also using binoculars.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Stick wrote:how about putting back in the sniper being able to cloak and capture a flag?

how about no because it was a retarded ability

Stick

I should have never upgraded

Post by Stick »

I should have stayed at version 4.6.4 you have ruined the game. Now it cost ammo points to call in a machine gun squad and a mortar crew. Its already to unfair with the man power boost the Axis has. They kill me with one shot and my bullets miss.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

What man power boost? :?

How small global ammo cost for units that irl uses tones of ammo can be a problem?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: I should have never upgraded

Post by MarKr »

Stick wrote:I should have stayed at version 4.6.4 you have ruined the game. Now it cost ammo points to call in a machine gun squad and a mortar crew. Its already to unfair with the man power boost the Axis has. They kill me with one shot and my bullets miss.
Hmmm...OK so before, there was no ammo price on MG and Mortar teams for any faction. Then ALL factions got ammo price on MG and Mortar teams and that ruined the game because you as well as your opponent have to pay ammo for these units, which is unfair...
Anyone else fails to see the logic of this? :?

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:Anyone else fails to see the logic of this?

:

JimQwilleran wrote:How small global ammo cost for units that irl uses tones of ammo can be a problem?

Stick

Post by Stick »

and when they have you backed into a corner with no ammo points you cant fight your way out by dropping MG and mortar behind them, or even in your base, your junk at that point

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Stick wrote:and when they have you backed into a corner with no ammo points you cant fight your way out by dropping MG and mortar behind them, or even in your base, your junk at that point

That is how war looks like, isn't it?

Also, are HMGs an offensive weapon?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If you're conered, opponent will finish you off before you manage to drop some MG. If you're pushed all the way back to your base, some MG or Mortar won't sayve you anyway.

Is this trolling necessary? :?

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Tbh. I once thought about giving +5 munnition income by default... it was absolutely unrelated to hmg or mortars, but I just recalled it now :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Tbh. I once thought about giving +5 munnition income by default... it was absolutely unrelated to hmg or mortars, but I just recalled it now :)

hmm, not such a bad idea or? :P
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, it doesn't sound bad at all, why was the idea scratched?

Stick

ammo +5 default

Post by Stick »

That would be good.

Stick

Post by Stick »

have you guys actually played this version and think its ok? I just got thru playing a game and its ridicules. The nebblewoofers are like nuclear bombs, their mortars take mine out with one shot while mine hit all around Thiers. Their infantry mow down my guys in a second. Is there a link to get back to version 4.6.4? I'm just not going to end up playing anymore and that sucks.

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Well if you want to play previous versions you have better axis And worse allies globally speaking..

I approve +5 basic ammo income

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

have you guys actually played this version and think its ok? I just got thru playing a game and its ridicules. The nebblewoofers are like nuclear bombs, their mortars take mine out with one shot while mine hit all around Thiers. Their infantry mow down my guys in a second. Is there a link to get back to version 4.6.4? I'm just not going to end up playing anymore and that sucks.
Have you made any relevant tests or are these things just "feelings" you have? Nobody has compalined about Axis mortars "sniping" Allied mortars while Allied mortars being unable to hit anything, Nebelwerfers have not been boosted since...jeez, I don't know...as long as I am in the team (more than a year). I don't know which version was the latest back then but I it was some "4.6.x" I think. Infantry getting shredded...well depends on situation, weapon loadout, cover, veterancy...you provided no info on this so hard to say.

Stick

Post by Stick »

No testing just watching whats happening, I've played this for years but its funny I cant remember the names of the building, all I had was 3 buildings built, you have to wait for 40 fuel to upgrade the AT gun building then another 40 fuel to build the next, their infantry were in my base within a few minutes and infantry I had were immediately cut down. It seems their MG and infantry can shoot a lot farther then mine can. I make gains at first but they a quickly over run and Axis takes the fuel and ammo then you cant do anything. I would play ver 4.6.4 against expert axis, it was hard but you can beat them. Now I couldn't even beat them on medium.
One of my friends had me upgrade because he couldn't get the 4.6.4 to install, he couldn't believe how we got mauled so quickly. He says the same thing, I'm shooting them but nothing happens and then pop pop pop and your whole squad is gone. It's like the whole Axis squad is carrying mg42's. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, Blitzkrieg is probably 1 of the best games ever, I don't like COH 2, to cartoony.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I believe you Stick. If I can 1v2 at least hard AI, occasionally experts, then you can do it too. Rethink some strategies. Refine your tactics. You got this.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

LOL, couldnt beat Axis medium AI, wtf lol, you are troll or just a very dumb person. Guys, stop reacting...

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tricks vs AI (and some cases PVP):
Rush a critical and easily defendable location, lock it down.
Back cap points up to your critical point with a few squads only while you concentrate your main force at the main line you've established in the beginning of the game.
Learn to micro your vehicles against AI, they seem to derp around when it comes to AT so you can really put on some damage with vehicles.
AI (and sadly sometimes humans) have no concept of learning, so find out the frequent paths they go down and repeatedly ambush them there to maximize your cost-damage output.
Don't be afraid to attack. More times, AI are better equipped to attack than defend because they have no concept of formation (like some humans). AI only know how to spawn wave after wave which, like an ocean against rocks, will eventually weather you down. This is their advantage. You can negate their advantage by taking the fight to them. Apply the right counters against their horribly set up defense, maximize your cost-damage output.

Keep cost-damage in mind, AI will always have more resources so you need to be able to keep up better than 1 to 1 trades.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Stick

Post by Stick »

This is why I never post to forums, because of dickheads like Sukin-kot, so I'm done here, I'll deal with it.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

And here we wonder why there aren't any players anymore...

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Thats what you get posting total nonsense:)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So teach him to win...