-What is the state of the mod ATM?
-Do you still work on it, what changes are you working on?
- What is the ETA for the next patch?
-Why is the development snail like?
- Why don't you post on other forums asking for help from other passionate coders on things you have a difficult time with so that the development can go faster?
-Why are you and Markr the only 2 developers when it's supposed to be a community mod?
-Why isn't PASSIONATE players like Warhawks in the dev team?
- You said you listened and used some of his suggestions, then why is he not credited in the 4.9.5?
Now a bit more serious:
"Yea lets give the impression im a serious guy and lets make this guy look like a kid that has no idea wtf hes talking about"
- I don't believe that Tiger's idea is right also, I don't think new players would seek prizes.
I explained why i dont think its a good idea, why do YOU think its not a good idea? At least HE'S trying. WTF do you do besides posting 1 update per year and reply in 2 seconds whenever someone criticizes you? I don't think you are the right "leader" for this mod with your history of "achievements".
- No I am not afraid to be put in prison, re read (if you even read it) what MarKr wrote.
I read it don't worry. My reply is: Nothing ventured nothing gained. It takes balls to do such GREAT MOVE SINCE THE RISK IS ENORMOUS . So if you don't have the cojones to make such a huge move why dont you let someone else do it?
- Changing scripts is nothing really hard for anybody who has aleast above average computer skills, so yeah, I have no doubt that warhawks did his own modification (which IF its played, also takes another players from BK).
Im not suggesting 2 official versions of BK, what im suggesting is every change should be subject to vote NO MATTER WHO MADE IT. And im not talking about suggestions here, everyone can suggest, im talking about code. Warhawks created changes/code. Why isnt it posted for a vote so that the COMMUNITY can decide what gets implemented and what not?
- "Everyone is able to contribute with code, suggestions etc." ... seems like you haven't been there for the last two years, as thats exactly what was happening. But you cant make EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SUGGESTION or take EVERY CODE that somebody posts or suggests, especially if you have two very different opinions from players. Also, what MarKr wrote "if anybody wants to help with this you are free to do so, but I strongly recommend to find solid information (best would be directly from Steam support) in order to save your nerves and potentially time too", that is something that community CAN do and did you do it? Did somebody else do it? That is something that COMMUNITY can contribute.
No ive been here , ive been here since Xalibur was still active, i think thats more than 2 years, what ive seen were patches released by you without any info on who else contributed besides you and Markr. Again im not talking about suggestions, every joe and his brother can suggest, what im talking is CODE since few have the capability to offer that. 2 different opinions for players, do you want me to teach you how the voting system works, if its 2-1 then the 2 won, simple as that, min 3 persons have to vote and even with 3 persons its more democratic than you working on a patch without anyone knowing what the hell the new changes will be. So you want me to do the shitty work like taking the steam info. Well you're the "leader", you have to do shitty work too not just what you want. My take on this issue is just put it out there, if it sticks then great, if not then great again, AT LEAST WE TRIED. No fucking sane person will sue you for a fucking mod that 50 people play and to which you have no financial gain. The worst that could happen is a simple REJECTION.
- posts = leadership
Yea that's a huge factor in showing the level of passion someone has.
- Almost the same with MODDB, yep, back when CoH was relatively new, THERE WASN'T CoH2, there wasn't shitload of other games, trends, probably it wasn't even after Indie games growth to the top, before CoH even moved to steam, before unnotified desync, yeah... back then it was good. And most importantly it was something pretty new in CoH, now what? We have most logical units ingame, we have good effects, full command trees... of course there won't be something epic new. And really, coh2 is pretty much our main "competitor", due to similar fanbase.
I think you're tring to say that since more shit is on the market thats why BK lost its popularity. A lot of people will agree that CoH 2 is worse that Coh 1 even if its 10 years old.
- Why the hell do you still think, that new players would be interested in the mod JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON STEAM??? And more importantly, that they would stay for more than a week.
Look at EaW, a shitty mod that has great succes on steam, what other proof do you need? Steam is where players dwell, THATS WHY STEAM IS IMPORTANT, because has the MONOPOLY on pc games even mods, moddb means shit now.
- Forum was changed because we didn't have control over the old one, so there would still be Download 4.6 version beta download... well no, it would be deleted completely. And no, warhawks didn't have hundreds of thumbs up, and for my "defense" I had a very good thumbs up ratio also, if thats something you consider important...
Warhawks had more thumbs up than you either you like it or not. I remember that forum very well.
- Your only suggestion is to "put it on greenlight" ... you are not the first one, like I answered tiger. MarKr also told you that we are not saying definite NO, but we (or you know... community!) have to do some research first and then some work to actually MAKE IT WORK and then hope that it has atleast some positive effect. Yes we now dont have time to do it and we told you, we told you that you can help.
Its my only suggestion because this move would have the biggest positive impact on bk in a long time. Your research will take years from i can tell based on your updates history.
- "if you don't have time or the will to give this mod the attention it deserves then have some dignity and leave it on the hands of people that do",... honestly? It would be very interesting to give it to Tiger as you suggested because of post number and activity (sorry tiger, I know that you mean it well etc. but yeah), not only you called his latest idea "shit ass" and "stupid", so your new defacto leader would be better I guess? Plus like 75% of the community would probably want to crucify you for this suggestion. But of course you talked to Warhawks, so we all know many Warhawks ideas. A lot of people are actually mad at me because some warhawks suggestions were implemented. But yeah, sure, if somebody has something significant that will help the mod a lot, like solving desync, he will be praised a lot.
I didnt said Tiger should be in charge with the coding part since hes not even a coder afaik, he should be in charge with promotion since hes very keen about this area from we can all see. YOU + Marks + Warhawks + other coders we can get by making a recruiting campaign (so the development progresses faster with move devs working on it) should be in charge with the coding part and THE COMMUNITY with the VOTING/GREENLIGHT TO IMPLEMENT part should be in charge. Maybe you could avoid people being mad at you if you'd MADE A POLL WITH EVERY CHANGE BEFORE ADDING IT, then the majority decides, you'd have no blame. And about this desync thing, i dont actually know what the hell is it, if its this crash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7VA248Mens well for me it rarely happens maybe in 10% of the games so i dont see what's a big deal with it. Its probably because of wooden pcs or clogged OS's with shitty programs caused by kids who dont know basic windows cleaning, i posted a thread on how to get smooth crash free gameplay but instead of being pinned, its been buried by other topics. For the wooden pc guys well God forgive them, pc upgrade or back to minecraft.
- "I hope they ban me for my colorful depiction of reality so everyone can see what cowards they are.", you are practically saying if we ban you, we are wrong, but we can't really do anything, because you think you are right and so that gives you the right to attack whoever you want for whatever you want, but we are the bad guys. Okay... you can attack me, I will "attack" you, my colorful depiction:
"NO DEVS EVER CONSIDERED HIS SUGGESTIONS FROM HIS 2000 POSTS ON THIS FORUM" - is bullshit, plain lie, ask the community, if Warhawks told you otherwise, then he forgot a lot
If you truly considered his suggestions he wouldnt made his own mod and write 2000 posts
"The "leader should be the most passionate about this mod and that's Warhawks97, the poor guy wasted half of his life writing fucking 2000 posts on this dead forum" - is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read
if you dont get the idea then i guess it sounds idiotic yea, let me translate it for ya, he spent a lot of time arguing until he said "fuck it im gonna build my own castle"
"maybe it was the fact that it had a rep system for every post and Warhawks suggestions had hundreds of thumbs up? Or maybe so that "The Leader" can take full control of the mod by saying he pays for the host and domain. I can pay for the fucking host and domain, everyone can." - okay, this one is close to beating the previous
Yes the truth is he had more thumbs ups and more popularity than you on the old forum. The fact that you changed the forum because you had no control over it it was my mistake but BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOU DIDNT MENTIONED THIS, you just changed it and invited everyone to the new "home"
To make myself completely clear, I am attacking you now, as your reality seems to be highly altered by your talk with Warhawks (although I always considered warhawks a good guy) or who knows by what and you are telling us a lot of nonsense.
He is a good guy, he didnt "altered my reality" im telling the facts. Can you explain me why he just decided he will make his own version if you were such "good mates" collaborating in harmony?
STEAM GREENLIGHT AND THERE WILL BE THOUSANDS OF PLAYERS!!!
For sure there will be more than now!