Gammon bombs at function

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
sgtToni95

Gammon bombs at function

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hello everyone, i'm still a newcomer to bk and i noticed that gammon bombs are described as anti tank granades but when i use them against tanks or sdkfzs they don't really do much damage doing sometimes critical. is it normal that this anti tank purpose is not very effective or am i using them wrong?
i just throw them on the vehicle but they seem to detonate when they hit the ground.
Actually i don't expect them to deal so much damage against tanks, but i thought they could deal some more damage on sdkfzs or lighter vehicles.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Gammon bombs at function

Post by kwok »

Yeah, they do high damage but have a high chance of critical.
They can also double as anti-inf grenades, nearly just as effective without any reaction time for enemy to run away. <-- Have fun with that information.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

but how can you use them to make a lot of damage? i've tried them many times against bot... and a gammon made lot of damage on an hetzer just once out of 50 bombs i've thrown at sdkfzs or tanks... they seem to explode on ground and not on the tank.. is there a particular way to use them or i'm just too noob or unlucky to use them?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I wouldnt use sticky and gammons vs vehicles.

Use gammon vs inf (its really effective) but not when those are inside of a building.

Gammons are great to stop tanks you cant kill with normal anti tank guns. EG elephant, many axis TD´s etc. They more or less immobilize them whenever they hit them. Or they damage the engine.

After that you can finish that tank by attackig its rear, with piats, air raids, arty etc. They are very good to stop "unstopable" tanks. I would say its one of the best tools allied have against certain axis tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I think what warhawks means is don't use them to insta kill tanks. Use them for their utility to disable tanks and finish them off with larger weapons. As hawks says, they are extremely helpful for singling out and taking out large "unstoppables". Prob more common and helpful in PVP since ai don't always use their large tanks in the most brilliant way.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

But on the other hand I tried to kill Moebelwagen with gammons... even after 5 it still had more than half hp remaining. Some lighter tanks could receive some more damage I think.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Ok, thank you so much for your replies guys :)