What the upkeep upgrades in the supply yard do?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
Jagdpanther

What the upkeep upgrades in the supply yard do?

Post by Jagdpanther »

It's a noobish question for veteran players but im not a veteran players so what does it to? The part with riflemen gain faster veterancy i get but what is the upkeep cost? I tried to find out myself but failed, it doesn't reduce reinforce cost, it doesn't decrease pop cap, it doesn't make inf cheaper so what the heck it does? ^^

Krieger Blitzer

Re: What the upkeep upgrades in the supply yard do?

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Upkeep cost is the amount of MP income penalty that a single inf unit is consuming as long as it's alive.
For example, if u have +300 MP income at some point... And then u manage to deploy a Riflemen squad.. ur MP income rate will be suddenly decreased by like 10 points or something.. becoming +290 per minute!
Same applies to tanks; ur fuel income will be reduced once u deploy some certain tanks. Even if u haven't lost any of ur captured fuel points! As long as those tanks are kept alive...

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Yea finally got it thx, never knew that.

And about the Rifleman squads gaining faster veterancy, it's obvious that it applies to the rifleman, but only to the rifleman not to all inf like rangers, at squads etc?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

iirc the vet thing doesnt apply anymore. At least i didnt find anything. Might be that this sentence is from vcoh. Not 100% sure though.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is as Warhawks says - the describtion is from vCoH. There is no XP speed boost for Riflemen from this upgrade...There are many old vCoH describtions, especially for US faction. Barracks says it holds upgrades for Riflemen and trains Jeeps, WSC says it trains HMG and mortar teams and snipers, doesn't mention upgrades at all. IIRC Sticky Bombs upgrade also says something about boosting Riflemen's speed of gaining XP but it doesn't, recently I noticed some emplacement (I think one of the quad.50 cals) has some unit describtion text as "label" (when you put mouse over it).

Bren gun upgrades have texts of BARs (that was the case even back in vCoH), CW Captain has some weird-ass long text over his head when you put your mouse over him (I think it is the describtion that WH Officer has in barracks)...I try to keep track of it and maybe with the next release to fix as many of these as possible but generally speaking the impact of these things on the gameplay is minimal so more important things usually take priority. Also I don't think we have people to translate all languages...I can only do English and Czech version corrections, Warhawks helped with some text translations and corrections in German version and I think somebody corrected the French and Russian texts but some remain untouched due to lack of people being able to do the translations and corrections.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:Also I don't think we have people to translate all languages...I can only do English and Czech version corrections, Warhawks helped with some text translations and corrections in German version and I think somebody corrected the French and Russian texts but some remain untouched due to lack of people being able to do the translations and corrections.

I checked and updated whole polish translation :geek:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The funny thing is that the vet boost given to riflemen after sticky bomb upgrade doesnt even apply in voch. There they swapped the BAR and sticky vet boost thing to the supply yard. But even in the original coh they didnt change the description for sticky and BAR´s:D Simply nobody really cares as it seems.
Build more AA Walderschmidt