Pz. IV "stubby"s

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
XAHTEP39

Pz. IV "stubby"s

Post by XAHTEP39 »

There are 3 Pz.IV with "stubby"-gun (75-mm KwK 37 L/24) in various WH and PE doctrines. It is ausf. D , ausf. E and since 4.9.6 ausf. F1.
What is difference beetwen 3 "stubby" Panzers (HP, accuracy, armor (IRL they have similar 50-mm front armor), penetration chance, rate and range of fire, speed, etc...).
R-Devs or Warhawk or any other player with knowledge, can you please describe the "stubby" Panzers :?: It`s very interesting to compare... :idea:
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 29 Apr 2016, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tor

Re: Pz. IV "stubby"s

Post by Tor »

D have worse armor, F1 have MG.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

I know about turret MG-42 of F1, I interest about other "unvisible" characterstics.

It will be good to know detailed info, like as topics "Hetzer vs JagdPz.IV/48" (http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=887), "StuG.III vs StuG.IV" (http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=927), "StG-44 vs FG-42" (http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=957) ...
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 29 Apr 2016, 18:28, edited 3 times in total.

Tor

Post by Tor »

I think same.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As far as I can tell the biggest difference is the armor on Aufs. D - it is significantely weaker - pretty much any at weapon can penetrate it without problem...maybe BOYS and some weaker ATs can have lower chance of penetration but it is still very good chance.

Appart from that they are the same - they use same guns, and have same HP. I think they even have the same abilities. Only the F1 version gets the Zimmerit upgrade applied which reduces incoming damage from all sources by 25%. So globaly speaking the F1 has the highest survivability of all stubby versions.

Visual differences are easy to spot - each version has different texture. F1 has the top MG, as mentioned before.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:As far as I can tell the biggest difference is the armor on Aufs. D - it is significantely weaker - pretty much any at weapon can penetrate it without problem...maybe BOYS and some weaker ATs can have lower chance of penetration but it is still very good chance.

Hmm, armor... Game description of ausf.D and ausf.E tells about similar max armor (50-mm); and IRL ausf.D and ausf.E have similar additional armor plate, which results a summ ~50-mm front plate on both tanks.

Probably, it should be make similar armor of both ausf.D and ausf.E, but make difference in other characteristic: for example less HP of ausf.D. :idea:

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

[A bit OT] i always wanted to know more about zimmerit in the game.. So it provides 25% less damage.. Has it other bonuses? Like pen chances or resistence to mines? Thx