Possible to mod/edit BK itself?

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
JoshAraujo

Possible to mod/edit BK itself?

Post by JoshAraujo »

I AM NOT A MODDER
But I have been looking into editing and modding a bit

Is it possible to edit BK itself?
For example, could I change the hp or damage or unit count for a squad? Add my own units? and remove existing units?

Thanks in advance

Aaahuh

Re: Possible to mod/edit BK itself?

Post by Aaahuh »

stay out of this. it's not easy as it was with coh 1.7 and corsix mod studio, it's much complicated now.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

All is in "IM NOT A MODDER" better not touch those files mate.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hm I don't mind sharing knowledge for someone wanting to learn.
Just some things to keep in mind before I tell you:
If you make changes you won't be able to play with others unless they have an identical version to you.
If you break anything on your end, it's your own doing/responsibility.

Anyways, if you want to learn how to mod, you gotta get Corsix http://modstudio.corsix.org
Once you get it, there are tutorials and forums to help you learn how to use the tool. How bk mechanics are set up? Best to ask a dev. I know a bit, but ask in a pm or steam.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

I was in the same boat as you. Never modded COH before as it looked confusing as hell. Checked some guides for corsix, examples, youtube videos and eventually did some work and modified blitzkrieg to more of how I like it.

JoshAraujo

Post by JoshAraujo »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:All is in "IM NOT A MODDER" better not touch those files mate.

You could've said that to ANY currently incredible modder at some point

JoshAraujo

Post by JoshAraujo »

kwok wrote:Hm I don't mind sharing knowledge for someone wanting to learn.
Just some things to keep in mind before I tell you:
If you make changes you won't be able to play with others unless they have an identical version to you.
If you break anything on your end, it's your own doing/responsibility.

Anyways, if you want to learn how to mod, you gotta get Corsix http://modstudio.corsix.org
Once you get it, there are tutorials and forums to help you learn how to use the tool. How bk mechanics are set up? Best to ask a dev. I know a bit, but ask in a pm or steam.

Yes I know about the online thing, but Im mostly looking at singleplayer on skirmish
Thanks!

IDoc

Post by IDoc »

sandman332 wrote:I was in the same boat as you. Never modded COH before as it looked confusing as hell. Checked some guides for corsix, examples, youtube videos and eventually did some work and modified blitzkrieg to more of how I like it.

Hi, im trying to edit bk, but i keep getting bugsplat or fatal ai error or i cant see the changes. I read post, seen tutorials but still cant do it. Help pls? Can you tell me step by step what did you do? Really sorry for my bad english