AI Balance Work I Did

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
jonnyyankee

AI Balance Work I Did

Post by jonnyyankee »

Hello.. friends im from Mexico my english its not so good i did a lot of changes of some Archives of Blitzkrieg mod like BKattribArchive BkAttribPatch and tuning and other things i make alot of tests alot of work to make some balance of AI for that people like to play blitzkrieg mod this archives , not gonna affect the new patch this are the changes i did .. i gonna upload my archives if someone wanna play it and test it i only want to share my hard work for all of you well lets go to talk of changes list..

ALL HMG NOW CAN SETUP IN 3 SECONDS

Us:
M1 Garand Riflemen Squad have this values long 0.2 medium 0.45 short 0.65 damage max 33 min 23
M1 Garand Engineers Squad have this values long 0.3 medium 0.45 short 0.65 damage max 33 min 23 ( now can kill motorcycle in a green cover sometimes in yellow cover depend the distance)
M1 Garand Rangers Squad have this values long 0.25 medium 0.55 short 0.75
Thompson values long 0.1 medium 0.45 short 0.85 ( now thompsons not enough weak again mp40 are balanced depending the distance obviously)
M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle values long 0.25 medium 0.5 short 0.75 damage max 17 min 12 << the damage are not tested yet
M1917 Browning Caliber .30 HMG now are better this are the values long 0.27 mid 0.68 short 0.85 damage max 20 min 15
Anti Tank Gun AT 57mm have little more penetration even 76mm
Mortar 60 mm have same range at 81 mm but less damage (same time to create) now its good unit .. (the damage gonna change after patch.. because the time keep cost are reduced in 4.9.5 )
Jeep . 30 caliber now have good accuracy balance it with Motorcycle
Tank Crocodile have more damage with fire like hetzer ..

CW
CW Lee Enfield rifle values long 0.45 mid 0.55 0.75 damage max 30 min 19
CW Lee Enfield sapper values long 0.35 mid 0.45 short 0.55 damage max 29 min 19
CW Sten values long 0.2 mid 0.55 short 0.85 damage max 20 min 15
CW Commandos squad are more stronger now dont die so fast hitpoints 60 (before 80)
CW Vickers HMG values long 0.27 mid 0.68 short 0.85 damage max 20 min 16 (damage need more testing im on it)

WH
Kar 98k Rifle same at volks and grenadiers values long 0.45 mid 0.65 short 0.8 damage max 35 min 25 ( grenadiers not have more damage or accuracy because have less hitpoints than rangers or rifleman squad or cw squads)
MG42 HMG have same values
Kar 98k Rifle pionier values long 0.3 mid 0.45 short 0.65 damage max 33 min 23
Motorcycle are same values

PE
Kar98k long 0.45 mid 0.65 short 0.8 damage 33 max min 23

This are my little changes.

But now i go to speak about the AI its so important read this ok..
The AI was unbalance and i try to edit some new building units and i did now US can make at 37mm at early game even axis or panzer elite
Now the AI can make Different tanks like Churchill tanks and Crocodile M10 and not only stuarts now can make halftrack and other emplacements like Pantherturm
or 88s etc ..
Now the US can make Antitank squad
Now can make pershing at late game
Now WH PE can make Flakpanzer(t8) Wirbelwind and others tanks thats awesome.. and Elefant in a super late game thats the bad news and other stuff like As German tank or that abilities i need to work of them to make it possible to against that well..

Well to have this you need to play HARDEST difficult dont SCARE ... i Edit the values of man power i go to upload the archives if you wanna play it in easy or medium or harder and hardest difficult 4 archives only you need in game edit difficult to expert and thats it and you need to copy in Blitzkrieg/Archives/ folder replace it and thats it ok.. now the AI can make different things .. i need more time to work about trenchs or abilities like i said before but well try it and i hope can enjoy this awesome mod like me
. :D :mrgreen:

Download https://mega.nz/#!xQB1nC4A!qfrKTjUdVVhb6sF-oIMN3abllxlAsivYMJDWoPlV_6g
https://mega.nz/#!9JBggJRB!HJeh1t7d8dSbKMXnWjMEemvR4cgpcFvCxARPrv2AUIc link Easy Difficult ... << two archives forgot compress sorry
Download https://mega.nz/#!8ZB2xIAR!KZzFptmJs4V9N1xU7NWn5MEoqobBncNxIyj9leiCQGE Normal Difficult..
Download https://mega.nz/#!wcAiVaaL!QC91wf2IDrft9gYG4fehOjMtNZk-xhmN3sNA7uQASh4 Hard Difficult..
Download https://mega.nz/#!5JJCHZrL!kNVGA2Em3DiRf__dfdlnDB6fsBWmkN3MAiXLGVIZb4c Einstein (Hardest) Difficult..

and go to share this Tactical AI archive i dont remember who uploaded but this archives makes the squads put in cover .
Download https://mega.nz/#!FUoi1LAL!iCDEm3Q1sK29tPNs9ziT_Ta42mS-C2E4Rq99RYmc7mM this is not force to download ,its only if you wanna that changes :D

Enjoy it and and I hope I give thanks for my efforts work.. Good Luck and Have Fun remember have the original files in other folder to play Multiplayer. :mrgreen:

wanna more maps? 619 maps you need utorrent to download it paste maps in documents/company of heroes/ww2/scenarios paste here.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3zg2xkz9mluv ... rrent?dl=0

i forgot to upload this important files i apologyse

https://mega.nz/#!9ZQRULJL!cMowHSewZuw9pmrTJ6erZ7kyNFugdcVNgrRDvttgUPE

https://mega.nz/#!EQJDkZbD!WS7acNBcQhNUCYc0q8Y0LsBEtP9kqKTMLBH70n3PLOM
Last edited by jonnyyankee on 02 Apr 2016, 22:12, edited 5 times in total.

RaCheEnGeL!.de
Team Member

Re: AI Balance Work I Did

Post by RaCheEnGeL!.de »

nice work son. but its gay that i have to download this shit first... so its not so intressting for the most to download it ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wow, I am always so so so surprised in such situations xD. One of "devs team", who has only 6 post (actually all of them except this one are "ghost posts" - they dont exist!), not seen for years (actually 1 year xD), very mysterious person... And then he just shows up, types one sentence in a random topic... and disappears again for next millenium :D.

Just.. just look at him! He doesn't even have a profile pic!! :D

Eole

Post by Eole »

Could you plz give to us the download codes thank you in advance

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Thanks a lot for the effort mate. I didn't tested it yet but if it works may the devs can consider it for the next version as there are many compstop players?

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:nice work son. but its gay that i have to download this shit first... so its not so intressting for the most to download it ;)

thank you well this is only for the people who wants to play against cpu ..

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Eole wrote:Could you plz give to us the download codes thank you in advance

yeah im on it sorry for the inconvenience

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Kasbah wrote:Thanks a lot for the effort mate. I didn't tested it yet but if it works may the devs can consider it for the next version as there are many compstop players?

You welcome mate well i hope too .. :D :D

RaCheEnGeL!.de
Team Member

Post by RaCheEnGeL!.de »

JimQwilleran wrote:Wow, I am always so so so surprised in such situations xD. One of "devs team", who has only 6 post (actually all of them except this one are "ghost posts" - they dont exist!), not seen for years (actually 1 year xD), very mysterious person... And then he just shows up, types one sentence in a random topic... and disappears again for next millenium :D.

Thats because the Forum got a nice rework If you dont know who i am then just may you dont play this Mod so long.....anyway better less but informativ posts then post like you did here. Pretty useless to be honest. so please, if you want to make useless and stupid comments, then PM me or just think insted of comments like this.

I Honor the Work from this guy. I just want to say that it may better if he can upload it on a Platform who everyone can just download it.

And please if you want to Answer to this Post, PM me and dont spam the Forum with useless meanings of youreself. Thank You

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:Thats because the Forum got a nice rework If you dont know who i am then just may you dont play this Mod so long.....anyway better less but informativ posts then post like you did here. Pretty useless to be honest. so please, if you want to make useless and stupid comments, then PM me or just think insted of comments like this.

I Honor the Work from this guy. I just want to say that it may better if he can upload it on a Platform who everyone can just download it.

And please if you want to Answer to this Post, PM me and dont spam the Forum with useless meanings of youreself. Thank You

Oh, I guess that not everyone is nice. I am sorry. Yes, I am not an old member. By my comment I didn't mean to disrespect jonnyyankee or his work, actually when he first time came here to the forum I talked with him on various threads when he just kept making new topics about AI (seems that he finally took the matter into his own hands). Sorry that I am useless, gonna take you as an example next time.

I didn't comment his work because I don't play AI matches, sorry again.

PS. Sorry for a next stupid post, I ruined whole thread now I guess :(. I hope your stick holds fine anyway.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:Thats because the Forum got a nice rework If you dont know who i am then just may you dont play this Mod so long.....

Even if we look back for years on the former forum, you re about unknown and stealth... at least as forum member.

What didnt you changed, exactly Jonnyyankee, except weapon value ? I saw archivattrib in your files, but most of AI is not here afaik. Fuel/ammo/Manpower multiplier for AI perhaps ?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm, but I wonder what he really did?
Alright come on.. let's a have look... First of all; very lame English as I could hardly get or understand anything he says.
As he has also posted this on the 'Announcements' while actually it should have been posted on the 'General' section, or maybe on 'Other mods' even!
Posting his own made Bk mod with AI tweaks along with some other changes to the game too.. oh fine, should I post here my own Bk mod files as well??
Not to mention that the last 2 links he posted over there are in fact nothing new at all.

And be nice plz when talking with the pvp players whom are highly devoted to this game, they are exactly what makes this mod alive until now... With all respect sir, I sincerely mean that u can't so simply claim that his post was stupid in public while at the same time asking him to "Plz respond through PMs if u like to reply this post" Cuz I think that better u had to send him a PM since the start then.. where u can tell him that his posts are stupid or whatever!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:
JimQwilleran wrote:Wow, I am always so so so surprised in such situations xD. One of "devs team", who has only 6 post (actually all of them except this one are "ghost posts" - they dont exist!), not seen for years (actually 1 year xD), very mysterious person... And then he just shows up, types one sentence in a random topic... and disappears again for next millenium :D.

Thats because the Forum got a nice rework If you dont know who i am then just may you dont play this Mod so long.....anyway better less but informativ posts then post like you did here. Pretty useless to be honest. so please, if you want to make useless and stupid comments, then PM me or just think insted of comments like this.

A sudden comment implicitly "recommending" with vulgarity at someone who is weak in English. SOOO INFORMATIVE. I haven't seen such crude passive aggressiveness since high school when flirting with bitches. This post is so ironic you can make it into a classic Greek tragedy. "To be honest".
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Haha amazing. Rare is tiger the voice of reason and calmness. Good job tiger, hats off to you.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Cool, now this topic is moved to the 'General' section...

jonnyyankee

Post by jonnyyankee »

Please all dont argue for stupid things only i share my work if somebody dont like it its okay no problem for that only try it if you like to play with AI and have fun i did alot of work and tests many buildorders and try to make so good balance against AI and this are the results well enjoy it .. Its good to know now are in this section topic i think are better here than announcements hehe ok i go to keeping work for the next update.. :mrgreen:

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

It's sad to read some comments when finally someone is giving his time to actually improve the mod instead of writing "highly devoted" walls of demands in every post, repeated over and over again, which, of course, need recognition. And resuming someone's work you not even tried it in: a) not on the good section ( good section now, but not satisfied as I read), b) not speaking good english... well

Anyway, thanks for your work man.
Last edited by Kasbah on 30 Mar 2016, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Before thinking to improve the game at any possible aspect, u should first think of playing some pvp games... Only then anyone is free to list down whatever ideas or any other kind of demanding suggestions which he wants while at the same time opening the gates for several hot discussions and many debates concerning the game balance as well as creating the chance to report any serious bugs discovered when also sometimes giving enough clues and solutions of how to fix them, this is the only possible way I ever knew as being pretty successful in order to improve the game.. this also gives it more popularity and decent amount of necessary support.

What this guy did here is not too bad, however that it's not what we are seeking though.. not to also mention that the good English skills are always required when posting specifically on the Announcements!
Just look how absolutely no one ever dared posting his own made versions of the Bk mod on that section.. even JFF1 as an example didn't post his addon there... As he did it only at 'Other mods' section although he is very professional already.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Tiger1996 wrote:Before thinking to improve the game at any possible aspect, u should first think of playing some pvp games...

Why ? He seems work for compstom not pvp.

Tiger1996 wrote: however that it's not what we are seeking though .

what you are seeking .

Jonny seems work on a negleted part of the game, that have it s one public. Whatever he can do, cant anyway bother you. Where you re right is he perhaps posted on the wrong forum section section. He could also had to speak about it with devs.

Solo / multi coop and PVP are two differents world, with différents and sometime antagonist need.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

I don`t understand, what is the folder-way for "PvE AI" and "Tactical AI" :?:

RaCheEnGeL!.de
Team Member

Post by RaCheEnGeL!.de »

I dont care if you "hear from me or about me" and i dont care if my english is good or not. I did a lot of work for this Mod. And be proud that the Forum is in English not in German as i was before on better times..

RaCheEnGeL!.de
Team Member

Post by RaCheEnGeL!.de »

Jalis wrote:
RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:Thats because the Forum got a nice rework If you dont know who i am then just may you dont play this Mod so long.....

Even if we look back for years on the former forum, you re about unknown and stealth... at least as forum member.

What didnt you changed, exactly Jonnyyankee, except weapon value ? I saw archivattrib in your files, but most of AI is not here afaik. Fuel/ammo/Manpower multiplier for AI perhaps ?

another user who plays this mod not so long eh ? ;) even if i am stealth i did my work....trust me. I dont have to shout it out to the world

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:I dont care if you "hear from me or about me" and i dont care if my english is good or not. I did a lot of work for this Mod. And be proud that the Forum is in English not in German as i was before on better times..
RaCheEnGeL!.de wrote:another user who plays this mod not so long eh ? even if i am stealth i did my work....trust me. I dont have to shout it out to the world

Omg omg, double post! So useless!!! You waste precious space here, dude!! Huh, I guess that the invention of "edit" button came long after your "glory times" xD.

Of course you did much to the mod, otherwise you wouldn't be in "dev team". Everyone already respects you for that!

And I think that the forum in English, not in German, is just a common sense, not a miracle... Well, the "good guys" won the war, didn't they? Otherwise we all would speak German...

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

I agree with Jalis.

The fact BK is a pvp oriented mod and that devs don't consider it a priority doesn't mean compstomp is non existent. In fact it's very present. A lot of players are compstompers/coop (and pvp also, it is compatible) just look at the games. Since I started playing this this mod 6 years ago I have always seen compstomp/coop games and members helping improving the AI, the last one was Mettiu.

So if someone is giving his time in order to improve this mod - maybe not as some would like - actually by doing something we should respect it.
Last edited by Kasbah on 31 Mar 2016, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

My two cents Jonny.

I experienced tuning/mods on coh and bk mods for years now, and part of that work was dedicacted to solo game. I can give you an advice I think. It is most time useless to play with Manpower/fuel/ammo multiplier to obtain a challenging AI. Result will only be to see the AI dying miserably in a sea of fuel, a mountain of amo and max allowed Manpower.

@ XAHTEP39. Not sure to understand the question, however; AI folder is in DATA, bk modified files are in datapatch, AI directory. It s touchy files however, especially if for a reason you also need to work with scar files.

I m close to think solo / multicoop players are a silent majority. At least a pool at BK forum, several years ago tended to prove it. IIRC it was around 55/45. Compst rarely whine. Disbalance is not a problem for them, it just an other, even indirect, difficulty level to deal with.