Fixed maps

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
kwok
Team Member

Fixed maps

Post by kwok »

So I fixed the temp bug with maps. I've successfully added a bunch of maps to my own game without clashing versions with other players.
I'm looking for more maps though, especially of the 4v4 type. I'm trying to get a really varied selection and I haven't found really good 4v4 bk maps (and by 4v4 I really mean 3v3 bk, 4v4 vcoh).

Let me know if you guys have a few maps you think would be good in bk. I won't promise I'll fix them, I'm pretty stubborn with maps I think are good for bk, but I'll help out in making an actual useable map pack.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MrEasyUK

Re: Fixed maps

Post by MrEasyUK »

Try these maps, they were made at the request of some of the guys who used to play BK, there is a winter map 6 & 8 player and two versions of the Black orchestra map, one with just the main bridge and the second with other crosssings and the main bridge... they should work fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/44taa ... _Final.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/20mm0 ... _Final.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1xg7g ... lemate.zip
Last edited by MrEasyUK on 02 Mar 2016, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

MrEasyUK

Post by MrEasyUK »

Oh btw, if your using UKVaultmans maps some dude stole them some time ago and reworked them so some times you would join a match and then crash with them as people used two versions but becuase they were from the same source you would see the same map etc and able to join the game but when the game started you will get kicked, there was a large thread on the old forums about this.... and i packed all his maped for him in to one large SGA for UKVaultman...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gykb4 ... ULTMAN.zip

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Looks like your first 3 links no longer exist.

And can you clarify the problem with the UKVaultman maps? I think I got these before, are they the same as the ones tiger provided in the other thread? Are there still problems with these maps?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So I just checked the maps, yep I already got them and working on fixing them now.

Still can't access your first three links.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

kwok wrote:And can you clarify the problem with the UKVaultman maps? I think I got these before, are they the same as the ones tiger provided in the other thread? Are there still problems with these maps?

The link I have provided for Vaultman maps on my topic is actually from this thread:-
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=338#p2199

MrEasyUK wrote:Oh btw, if your using UKVaultmans maps some dude stole them some time ago and reworked them so some times you would join a match and then crash with them as people used two versions but becuase they were from the same source you would see the same map etc and able to join the game but when the game started you will get kicked, there was a large thread on the old forums about this.... and i packed all his maped for him in to one large SGA for UKVaultman...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gykb4 ... ULTMAN.zip

What do u mean?! Who told u that someone stole them??!! And why packing it all for him???!!!
Do u even know Vaultman?! Or is he ur friend?!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

So I reread your comment. I get the mismatch-version issue and is probably not a problem since we will all be using the same version.
In terms of packaging it all in one sga, I'll probably have to unpack it and re-assemble it individually to make it work for BK. I'll use your version though, since it seems like you were the original packer. I talked to UKVaultman about this actually.

Tiger, for the sake of avoiding version mismatches, let's just stick with his. Vaultman mentioned this before.

MrEasyUK

Post by MrEasyUK »

Sorted the links, as for the UKVaultman map packs they are the original map pack he made in the link I posted above, as I knew him at the time I placed them all in to a large single SGA for him which is linked above, I was also the guy who spotted the issue for UKVaultman way back as people were getting disconected playing the maps and I even tracked the guilty guy down, any other versions I cant vouch for. I know the link i provided are the originals that much I am absolutely certain on.

They were all put in to one sga as agreed with UKvaultman at the time and i did it as a favor for him as he asked for my help. Better to have one SGA rather than mess about with many.

Not sure why you would have to repack it, the game has large map sga's in it already unless something has changed that I dont know about. Cant remember whether I put the BK-MOD TIP: at the beginging tho.

Im curious to learn what your changing in maps atm, are some models no longer in BK so your taking out some items that dont appear properly on maps? I noted the game is not as stable as it used to be so if their are some fixes there please let me know.

I also used to play a lot with Crimax who posted that link you refer too, I even put his name on my Winter Stalemate map as he helped test it.

The Black orchestra was made for the BK community on suggestions for a Bridge Map with a city either side, some people wanted to have an epic bridge battle and others wanted optional crossings so there is two versions.

The other map was Winter Stalemate with winter conditions and effects.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/44taa ... _Final.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/20mm0 ... _Final.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1xg7g ... lemate.zip

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ill be honest, I'm not really a fan of the bridge maps and I don't think most players are. So I didn't take that one into the map pack.

I did include the snow one, though. It is really beautiful.

And I turns out I didn't need to repackage it. Haha, this one doesn't really have a problem. Awesome. A mappacker that knows what he's doing. The only repackaging I'm doing is consolidating sgas.

Anyways guys, so I've got a couple of maps out already, if anyone is willing to test this out it'd be great to let these maps roam free. I'll probably do a few small tests with a few people first so PM if you're interested. Maybe by next week I can just put this map pack to download for everyone.

MrEasyUK

Post by MrEasyUK »

Many thanks, I would try the Bridge one as no mod has the large Arhem bridge in it because people dont get it working, loads of people playing BK contributed to what they wanted in the Black Orchestra map, hense the end result, the skirmish people like the single crossing where as the majority went for the main dual arnhem bridges with the two other crossing points, plus there is Infantry only sections that appealed to the Infantry players and airborne infantry inparticular.

The Black Orchestra map is very unique, try both and see what you think its a nice looking map with nice effects in it and the AI come at you at full throtal, spent ages making it and changing it for people.

There are two main arnhem bridges in the middle and two island crosssings all of which have a good impass so units can move freely, try it let me know what you think, can always rework it.

Add MrEasyUK in game and I will come for a few games with you.

Some pictures to tempt you

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Honestly, aesthetically the bridge maps are very pretty. But in terms of game play, in the pvp environment right now a map with very limited and obvious choke points flow to very repetitive, dry, and limited gameplay. Perhaps it would be nice for vs ai, and if players want the map that much I can add it in but marked different. The only reason is I am trying to adhere to the pvp focus of the mod, I think it's best to set expectations that bk will not be focusing on improving the vs ai experience.