Least played mods

Talk about CoH1 or BKMOD1 in general.
MarKr
Team Member

Least played mods

Post by MarKr »

Hi,

we would like to add the 200pop cap mode and perhaps one more. However we would like to prevent having a "100 modes" in the scroll-down menu so we thought we would simply convert some of the existing modes that are least or almost never played. So...which are those you wouldn't mind dissapearing?

kwok
Team Member

Re: Least played mods

Post by kwok »

No one does 150 because I think most see it as axis favored (allies can't field enough cheap units).
Inf only I think is also just a waste of a mode since it will never be balanced anyways. Might as well take away something players can use to complain about
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Thinking about PvP, we all generally play 250 one. It's like 99% of games. But I know many players that like to play vs bots with only inf or VP modes.

If I was to pick something it would be the VP + only inf modes, u can leave the biggest one (4000) and remove the other ones. Yea and also 150 mode seems to be neglected.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Keep the infantry only mode, as it is fun, but we only need one variant of the infantry only mode. We don't need all the different pop cap and VP versions of infantry only.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

we would like to add the 200pop cap mode and perhaps one more.

I am actually more than just grateful to see that u have finally considered my request about adding a 200popcap mode that is a conversion from the 150popcap one! Thank u very much... ;)

Since u r also asking, well.. what about adding a VP mode with 200popcap as well? :D Currently all the VPs are depending on how much territories u have secured; so it might be cool to see a VP mode with 200popcap too. But for me anyways it's enough to see the 150popcap converted and that's it, no need for anything else ^^

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

@Tiger Just curious, why is 200 pop cap so good?

@Markr Also what other mode are you thinking?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't know why 200 pop cap was demanded but since the 150 pop cap is not used I don't see a reason not to convert it to 200.

@kwok
The other mod I was thinking is 1250VP with 250pop cap.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Is there a chance to do something a little more experimental? I'm not sure variations of the same thing is very "new".

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What do you have in mind?

I liked this mode back in times when we played BK at dorms with friends. 1250 gives enough time to win in the "anihilation way" but in case one side decides to camp near bases they simply lose because of stalling.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

1250 VP with 200popcap mod then... 250 is simply like without popcap!

Wake

Post by Wake »

MarKr wrote:What do you have in mind?

I liked this mode back in times when we played BK at dorms with friends. 1250 gives enough time to win in the "anihilation way" but in case one side decides to camp near bases they simply lose because of stalling.

I really like kwok's "experimental" ideas. What is possible with the game modes? Since infantry only can disable things, what if we had an Infinite Resources mode, so people can test games for themselves and teach each other? That would be relatively easy to do. It would just make testing and learning the game much easier. Furthermore, is it possible to reduce the build times for units in game modes? My idea is to basically just make a "Trainer" version game mode where you can build everything instantly with infinite resources.

Edit: It doesn't even have to be "infinite" resources. Just make everyone start with 99999 of everything.
Last edited by Wake on 26 Feb 2016, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I guess something like that would be possible...

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Haha I actually didn't mean experimental in the context wake said specifically, but what wake said fits within what I think as experimental! I think that's an awesome idea wake.

Another idea I had was just making some really unique experiences for players taking mods like eirr or the coh2 attrition win condition, things like those where te objectives are different to add a bit of variety to the game. They wouldn't be balanced, sure, but it'd be a cool way of pulling more players to try new things. It'd be like playing a new game, which might open up new strategies and thoughts within the core game.

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

I personally don't want to see 150 go as I play it quite often. How about removing a lot of the "unnecessary" victory points modes? Or hell even the infantry only as I have only touched it once ever. I use 150, 225, 250 and unlimited the most.

sandman332

Post by sandman332 »

Wake wrote:
MarKr wrote:What do you have in mind?

I really like kwok's "experimental" ideas. What is possible with the game modes? Since infantry only can disable things, what if we had an Infinite Resources mode, so people can test games for themselves and teach each other? That would be relatively easy to do. It would just make testing and learning the game much easier. Furthermore, is it possible to reduce the build times for units in game modes? My idea is to basically just make a "Trainer" version game mode where you can build everything instantly with infinite resources.

Edit: It doesn't even have to be "infinite" resources. Just make everyone start with 99999 of everything.

I like the sounds of this, however, would every unit not have to be altered for there build time for just one mode if that's even possible? Sounds like a lot of work. Newer players always have the option of using cheatmod offline with bots to get these things to try out the game.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Sounds good. If the 200 popcap is going to be implemented then please get rid of the 225

Wake

Post by Wake »

sandman332 wrote:
I like the sounds of this, however, would every unit not have to be altered for there build time for just one mode if that's even possible? Sounds like a lot of work. Newer players always have the option of using cheatmod offline with bots to get these things to try out the game.

Yes, we can do that currently, but the idea with the new game mode is to be able to play vs other players with these "cheats" so that both players in the game have infinite resources and 0 build time.

But you do bring up a good point, it's a lot of work to reduce build time. Throw that idea out. Here's my suggestion that I really want to see:

"Cheat" Game mode: All players start with 99999 of each resource and 30 command points.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

That would surely help testing balance issues :D.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Hmmm, I like 150 mode, really. It prevents sim-city`s spam, arty spam and forces to muse about each produced unit and his role on battlefield.
200 mode will be useful for 3vs3 & 4vs4 battles in role, which is 150 mode for 2vs2 & 1vs1 (see above my reason). Becouse 250 mode is approximately "unlimit mode", especially for 1vs1 & 2vs2 battles and partly for 3vs3 & 4vs4.

So, in my opinion, VP 4000 and VP-inf 4000 can be removed. VP 2500 is really sufficiently for dynamic VP-battles.